Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    I didn't call the thread BS, I said the terror alert is BS, i.e it's most probably a false alarm.
    Assalamu Alaikum,
    Quite frankly i think that's a load of BS. Your point, not the thread. Even if it is a false alarm, the primary point/ service of the police/ SY would have, at that point, been to save lives. Quite frankly i'd much rather the people live (If in case it was an actual threat) than die*, on the whim/ probability that it was a false one.

*Yes, i wholeheartedly believe that only Allah (swt) knows when each person will die. Let's just say i like to take precautions, and prefer them (if it was their destiny to die) to do so in other such ways

ReputationRep:
    And Rashid gives Farhan a choke-slam!

As-Salam alikum, dude! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    And Rashid gives Farhan a choke-slam!

As-Salam alikum, dude! :p:
    Nothing personal, just addressing the point at hand Lol, and it's only my opinion. I don't however like the fact how people's opinions are gravitating towards the "it was the muslims" idea.

Wa Alaikum Salaam. How's things?

ReputationRep:
    Well, we have to live with it!

Things are fine dude. All set to go to Pak on the 13th!
    You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    Well, we have to live with it!

Things are fine dude. All set to go to Pak on the 13th!
    You?
    Ok man, i have an exam tomorrow and am going for a shower now. Be back in a little while i guess, salaams to all!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck man!
    Inshallah you'll do fine!
    Prayers, with ya! Tell us how it was!

ReputationRep:
    Assaulamu 'Alaikum...!

Aliyah, are you the only one online?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poison Ivy)
    Well we all know what we should do...keep calm and ignore any sort of slandering. If you answer these threads you'll make it worse

And Morsey you esp stay away you only just turned green! Gawd I sound like his mother!!
    :eek:
    :damnmate: :eviltongu

How do you know my mother?:hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    W/salaam, yep I think so 2weeks till results, im going to die, i cannot take the wait, i just want this over and done with so i can move on with my life, end of moan x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    Ok man, i have an exam tomorrow and am going for a shower now. Be back in a little while i guess, salaams to all!
    Inshallah you do well. There's a du'aa one could say before starting the exam. But I really don't know it's translation, seriously i try to find but most of the time i dont. Here it is:

اللهم اشرح لي صدري ويسر لي أمري واحلل عقدة من لساني يفقه قولي

ReputationRep:
    So Aliyah, your only done GCSE's right? I'm done AS and I'm 16.... i'm younger at least 1 year compared to everyone in the same year (Except a lot of egypians like me... lol)

I'm off now... i'll be back in 30 mins or so inshallah! Salams!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    Wa Alaikum Salaam :wavey:
    You know where i'm going with this :p: So, what about those people who refuse to accept the Hadith? This applies then right?

I accept the Hadith btw...
    Hehe...I know.
    That's what it seems like. The book has also mentioned this particular topic again and did in fact confirm it has disbelief. Those 10 points seem very legitimate to me and all of them negate the basic tenets of Islam IMO.
    I really would like to know how those who don’t take the hadeeths into account would perform, Hajj, Umrah or even pray?
    This got me thinking the other day about the list of the 73 sects in Islam, that Ayaz posted…Some of them, particularly one which really threw me off last time, would no longer be considered as Islamic sects. More like new religions that evolved from the original Islam.

Assalaamu Alaikum all...How's everyone doing?

ReputationRep:
    Wa' Salaam Muhiba sis, Im bored - just watching the rain (typical Scotland)

Also I tried to play a DVD ''What our students think of us'' that came with the prospectus from Sheffield Uni only to find out I dont have a decoder on my PC

Anyways I hope the rest of y'all are cool & chilling and lets pray for each other since this ''attempted terrorist attack'' happened - we want to be safe so Roll Deep (safety in numbers)

The rain has stopped now......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by o0MorseyMan0o)
    I just called my school to get the results.... they said it will come at 16th..!!:mad:I have to wait another week!!

Hey Munise, the more you say that you have fasted or you are going to fast, the less reward you get. Don't worry I KNOW that you're not showing off or something, but it is true that if you do a good deed it is better not to tell it to everyone.

In other words, if one does a good deed but only for "sum'a" or "riya`" (like showing off or for a personal benefit) NO thawab is given. But if not, which is Munise's case, the more you tell people, the less thawab you get. And by the way, this less might actually be a lot.

Munise please don't start going on my back #plz#, I just want to make sure that you get as much thawab as possible
    Noo, i won't have a go at you! Instead, thanks for telling me! I didn't know that, and you only have your best wishes at heart so jazakAllah for telling me
    I thought it might be a little weird to say : 'gtg, gonna go and eat' at 3:30am so i said why lol
    JazakAllah again brother

ReputationRep:
    So Aliyah, your only done GCSE's right? I'm done AS and I'm 16.... i'm younger at least 1 year compared to everyone in the same year (Except a lot of egypians like me... lol)

Hehe...My friend(egyptian too) ended up in Med. school at the age of 16.

I've been meaning to ask you and Evening star...whether any of you know where I can download(for free ) a Hadeeth program in Arabic? I have one in English, but I would also like one in Arabic...

Thanx alot.

ReputationRep:

Yep I'm 16, turned 16 in June..wow so your all a year ahead of us

ReputationRep:
    I think its so difficult to keep up with what everyone is upto in here and to get a conversation going. It would be so much easier with a sub forum for the society. But Nevermind.
    Anyway, this day is dragin on too much and the weather here just ruins your mood completely. What happened to our heat wave??

I think i might be the oldest here, i dont kno. I feel abit left out

Rizzy, i just noticed your from Edinburgh, i have friends at tHe uni of Ed, always wanted to go visit because they say its really beautiful there but i never got round to it, plus i dont think i can afford the train ticket right now, lol.

Hope everyone is well.

I'm really in the mood for some take away right now, mmmm.

xx

ReputationRep:
    I made a post a couple of pages back, is anyone apart from lil_one going to answer it?

ReputationRep:
    Btw Psychology Jen how did you get so much rep with so little posts?

ReputationRep:
    Or what were your posts about.......

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.