The I-soc (Islamic Society) Watch

This discussion is closed.
The Green Manalishi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Matam of Hadrat Bilal (R.A): Bilal came to say call for prayer (Aazaan) in the mosque but he came to know that Prophet PBUH is very sick and close to death, Bilal came out while beating his head and face.
Madarijun nabowat V.2, P.544

Matam of Umer (R.A): When Prophet PBUH gave one divorce to Hifsa (Daughter of Umer), Umer came to meet the Prophet and after meeting him he came out of Prophet’s House while beating his head and face.
Tafseer ibnae Kaseer V.1, P.718

Matam of Hadrat Aysha on Prophet PBUH after his death: Hadrat Aysha reports that after the death of Prophet PBUH I placed pillow under his head and women and me surrounded his bed and mourned on him by beating our chests and faces.
Musnad Ahmed bin Hanbal Publication Almamia, V.6, P.274.
Would anyone like to tell me a little about the above? The books, if they've been abrogated, what they are? :p:
~ABR~
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Poison Ivy)
I'm not feeling too good been in bed all day and just about managed to pray my namaz. I can't remember my question now and my brain has fizzled lol.
namaz?
Is that supposed to mean, the "Fard"
~ABR~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by The Green Manalishi)
Would anyone like to tell me a little about the above? The books, if they've been abrogated, what they are? :p:
OMG, who made up that. It's not true. It is ALL false and invented.

Bilal did not beat his head and face or whatever, Islam made it very clear that it is HARAM to beat yourself at someone's death.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by o0MorseyMan0o)
OMG, who made up that. It's not true. It is ALL false and invented.

Bilal did not beat his head and face or whatever, Islam made it very clear that it is HARAM to beat yourself at someone's death.
Yeah that's what i thought. I thought the idea of women not being able to visit a qabrastaan was supposed to be along these reasons. I find it very very very very very very hard to believe, and don't believe it atm.

Also, i did a google on the books and didn't find much. The original post in your thread about misconceptions in Islam in D&D
Laaibah
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sorry bout the late reply Aliya and Kamran, i had to log off for a while.

I'm ok tho, just stressed cuz i have to decide what i want to study at uni by sept/nov time and i'm just strest about that. Nevamind tho.

I'm tired

xx
~ABR~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Man what's D&D
~ABR~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Anyone who can view arabic channels, there's a programme now on Sharjah tv DON'T MISS IT
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Man what's D&D
Assalamu Alaikum,
D&D = Debate and Discussion :p:
Laaibah
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I dont understand why society cant just except people for who they are and who they want to be. I have a friend who is 11 and her family converted to Islam not long ago and i took her out today, just around town but i was furious that everyone stared at her and looked her up and down as if she was a disgrace.
It makes me so furious sometimes that some people are still amazed to see a muslim convert when Islam is the second largest religion in the world and still growing. Also, shes only young so she doesnt really understand whats going on around her.

But she will probably have to struggle with this issue for a long time yet, its a good thing thats shes a confident, strong girl and has Allah (swt) to guide her.

Sorry,about the venting but i have great admiration for all my friends and brothers and sisters who have turned to Islam and have to face this everyday.

Hope evryone is well

xx
Laaibah
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Its all ignorance and pride and it really ticks me off
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Laaibah)
Its all ignorance and pride and it really ticks me off
Yeah unfortunately there is alot of ignorance (even from some muslims :p:)
Btw Laaibah, how old are you? What are you doing (studies/ uni etc)?
Laaibah
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think a lot of people are really uneducated about Islam and thats where you get all the negative vibes. I agree that even muslims fall into that category because in todays society it is so easy for alot of us to get into the westernised way of living and dont really seek knowledge about Islam.

I dont know if this applies to anyone else but when i was younger you were just taught the Quran in mosque and other fard in Islam and then sent home. There was no teachings of the history of islam or the great women in islam. You were just told stories to be scared into reading your namaz. I guess that was one way to encourage namaz.

I just wish i leant to seek knowledge when i was younger and i still had the opportunity to go to Madarsa.
Now i'm stressed about deciding what to study at university when i would love to have just gone to Madarsa so i could pass my knowledge onto others.

I'm 21 btw. I'm not studying at the moment, i left 2 years ago after having a breakdown and then developing Bipolar. So eveything has been very mesed up. I'm hoping to do an access course in september to get me into studying and then go to uni. I'm not sue what i want to study, but i'm looking into teaching (primary/college Law/Biology). Stressed about deciding.

How about you?
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Laaibah)
I think a lot of people are really uneducated about Islam and thats where you get all the negative vibes. I agree that even muslims fall into that category because in todays society it is so easy for alot of us to get into the westernised way of living and dont really seek knowledge about Islam.

I dont know if this applies to anyone else but when i was younger you were just taught the Quran in mosque and other fard in Islam and then sent home. There was no teachings of the history of islam or the great women in islam. You were just told stories to be scared into reading your namaz. I guess that was one way to encourage namaz.

I just wish i leant to seek knowledge when i was younger and i still had the opportunity to go to Madarsa.
Now i'm stressed about deciding what to study at university when i would love to have just gone to Madarsa so i could pass my knowledge onto others.

I'm 21 btw. I'm not studying at the moment, i left 2 years ago after having a breakdown and then developing Bipolar. So eveything has been very mesed up. I'm hoping to do an access course in september to get me into studying and then go to uni. I'm not sue what i want to study, but i'm looking into teaching (primary/college Law/Biology). Stressed about deciding.

How about you?
Yep, true about the education bit. I wish i could remember the little Islamic history i learnt in Madrassah. Unfortunately earlier on in my life i erm, drifted away from religion a little so forgot alot of stuff (Not that i knew a lot anyway :p:)

Sorry to hear about your breakdown and hiatus from studies, InshaAllah something will work out in the future! And InshaAllah you'll be able to teach, that would be really beneficial!

I'm 18, i just finished the first stage of my CIMA (management accounting) course and InshaAllah i want to start LLB law in Sept, so both of those together InshaAllah
Laaibah
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I hope you do well. I'm considering LLB Law but i'm abit of a science nerd really, but i dont mind.

Good Luck! Take care
mortderire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hey guys, aint bin on here a while cos im workin alot at the mo...but sundy mornin im going to germany for a week...

so i wont be on at all (todays me last day on here for a while)

i jus wantd to say salaam to all of ya guys..good luck with A2 and AS results those of u who'll get em next week- INSHALLAH all will be alright

take care, stay safe, wonderful holidays and good results

w/SALAAM
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salaams brother, InshAllah you have a safe journey to germany and back InshAllah you get great results too

Have a brill hol

Masalaams, take care :ciao:
Poison Ivy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
namaz?
Is that supposed to mean, the "Fard"
Well including my sunnah's yes...I'm confused whatchoo on about?? :confused:
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salaams Ivy :wavey: :hugs:

Hows you?
Poison Ivy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salaams Munise

I'm feeling a little bit better after sleeping most of the day but still unwell why oh why me?? lol.

Hows you been?
Laaibah
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:hugs: aww feel beta soon Ivy
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (879)
79.91%
Leave (221)
20.09%

Watched Threads