Turn on thread page Beta

The I-soc (Islamic Society) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey Jen!
    i jus wanna tell u that i love ur sense of humour!!
    Hehe, well at least someone thinks I'm funny I'm glad my "Saalams" was in the right place too! Good for you speaking out, that's the good thing about venturing into the Islamic Soc thread (which not many non-Muslims seem to do), you get to hear the non-argumentative people's opinions, which obviously you're not gonna get in a D&D forum. It also helps to ask nicely, I find.

There's no sense whatsoever in arguing with people who just don't agree with you. If you'll allow me to be blunt, you're just the same as said Zionist in your example You can **** 'em off in I-Soc saying they're ignorant and they don't understand as much as you like, but s/he has probably just gone back to J-Soc and said exactly the same thing about you. It'll only all fuel tension, give people a bad impression of you, and get you warnings off the TSR Mods Worth it? I got into an argument the other day too, and I could have saved myself the bother really, she wasn't gonna change her mind.

British Culture IMO is flawed and bland. The weather, food and quality of living here is poor compared with other EU Countries.
    Saalams Rizzy! It's a shame you feel like that about Britain, I love it The reason the quality of living isn't such as good as other EU countries is because we have so little space compared to somewhere like France/Germany. They can get more for their money because there's so much space. As it is, we have more and more people moving here from other countries (because they've heard it's the land of milk and honey, blah blah blah), and we can't expand much more without destroying our habitat! The weather, well, that's a personal choice, we had a beautiful day just last week. And I'm afraid I have to disagree with you about the food - traditional English food is lovely, and we can have our pick of foreign food too You probably haven't been to the right places

My thing of integration is like this: I use a car example:

Imagine you were a Honda Civic.

If you had to be British then you weren't allowed to change the paint, exhausts etc

If you should not to integrate then you would be modified fully, adding what you like, and so many decorations etc
    Could you possibly put that in a different way please, I didn't quite understand, I get the feeling you're trying to make quite a good point!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    Me too! :top:

I'm being completely serious!
    Me too

So Rashid, why do you like D&D? *moves mic closer to Rashid*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lebanon4ever)
    wa aleikum essalam morsey n ivy
    im bored!!!! but happy 2 see that the war is almost over..(lets say when bush tels his little dog in israel to end it!)
    how about you?
    I'm glad that you are happy. Unfortunately the war is far from over, this can actually be just the beginning. See the attchment. It shows two maps of the middle east... before and after...... "The New Middle East"... an oppressive plan made by the American government... The assault on Iraq being the beginning.

Realise the way the try to fool the viewer of the map by having Israel in red when actually no territory is lost (You will understand what I mean when you see them).
    After observing the before and after carefully you will realise how this plan targets to hurt the Muslim world badly.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    last night they got to an agreement that agrees both sides... just needs a few adjustments.. dunno if uv heard about it.. but israel are determined to keep on throwing rockets at lebanon till the last second!(as long as israel is fighting, hizbollah are aswel!) but hopefully by the end of the month evrything shud b finalised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    Me too
    So Rashid, why do you like D&D? *moves mic closer to Rashid*
    It's nice when you can engage in an intellectual conversation and if someone has some ****-eyed knowledge/ opinion you can show them a different one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsychologyJen)
    Hehe, well at least someone thinks I'm funny I'm glad my "Saalams" was in the right place too! Good for you speaking out, that's the good thing about venturing into the Islamic Soc thread (which not many non-Muslims seem to do), you get to hear the non-argumentative people's opinions, which obviously you're not gonna get in a D&D forum. It also helps to ask nicely, I find.
    Hey Jen, i'm sorry if i've ever come across as argumentative or rude. It wasn't intentional Sometimes D&D mentality can get a bit weird - I call it the Howard touch

ReputationRep:
    Salaams!
    ..... I'm glad my "Saalams" was in the right place too! .....
    :confused: :p:

Just to tell you Salams/Salaams (...or Saalams :p:) is not really totally arabic.. "Salam" is arabic which means peace (as said by Rana), but here we add an "s" just for the fun of it.

:p: Just annoying you :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'll be off now. Salam!!!... (:p:) everyone

ReputationRep:

There's no sense whatsoever in arguing with people who just don't agree with you. If you'll allow me to be blunt, you're just the same as said Zionist in your example You can **** 'em off in I-Soc saying they're ignorant and they don't understand as much as you like, but s/he has probably just gone back to J-Soc and said exactly the same thing about you. It'll only all fuel tension, give people a bad impression of you, and get you warnings off the TSR Mods Worth it? I got into an argument the other day too, and I could have saved myself the bother really, she wasn't gonna change her mind.

Saalams Rizzy! It's a shame you feel like that about Britain, I love it The reason the quality of living isn't such as good as other EU countries is because we have so little space compared to somewhere like France/Germany. They can get more for their money because there's so much space. As it is, we have more and more people moving here from other countries (because they've heard it's the land of milk and honey, blah blah blah), and we can't expand much more without destroying our habitat! The weather, well, that's a personal choice, we had a beautiful day just last week. And I'm afraid I have to disagree with you about the food - traditional English food is lovely, and we can have our pick of foreign food too You probably haven't been to the right places

Could you possibly put that in a different way please, I didn't quite understand, I get the feeling you're trying to make quite a good point!
    Like lets say I am a car.

If I was mean to integrate then I wuold have to sacrifice my likes/dislikes and compromise with British culture yeah?

It's like I'm not allowed to be a sports car, or add neons as I have to integrate and lower emissions etc

But If I didnt integrate then in a way I cuold do whatever I like right?

I have my own likes/dislikes without compromising or thinking about what other people like. Thus as a car I could be as noisy, loud and personal as I like.

It's like self-expression.

ReputationRep:
    Salaams

How's it going?

I've been watchıng the news alot lately and ı'm dısgusted by what the Israel's are doıng. There's been alot of protests here ın Turkey. What's been the reactıon ın London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    Salaams

How's it going?
    *stares in amazement* :p:
    Wa Alaikum Salaam!
    Things are good! I've finished exams :party: And with you? Where are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mortderire)
    hey guys, aint bin on here a while cos im workin alot at the mo...but sundy mornin im going to germany for a week...

so i wont be on at all (todays me last day on here for a while)

i jus wantd to say salaam to all of ya guys..good luck with A2 and AS results those of u who'll get em next week- INSHALLAH all will be alright

take care, stay safe, wonderful holidays and good results

w/SALAAM

aww take care dude. speak to you in a weeks time. have fun! x

ReputationRep:
    Guys whoever can watch Arabic channels.... see the programme "Al-Deenu Al-Qayyim" at Sharjah tv at 9.00 pm every friday. Masha`allah the Sheikh Omar Abdul-Kafy is amazing.

Should I use a standard notation when typing transliterations of arabic words, as the following:

Bold = Don't pronounce, only pronounce when it is the last letter you are saying
    underlined = the other pronounciation which is not in english (e.g. in Rahman)
    `= hamzah (e.g. in Masha`allah)
    ' = 'ein (in Al-Salamu 'alaikum)

...... i think im being too fussy about it.... but anyway if I do use it, it is the most accurate transliteration (and by the way the transliterations of the qur'an use similar notation)

ReputationRep:
    OMG how many times do i get ignored!!

ReputationRep:
    huh im not ignoring u!
    ok i will watch this omar guy!!!

ReputationRep:
    *stares in amazement* :p:
    Wa Alaikum Salaam!
    Things are good! I've finished exams :party: And with you? Where are you?
    *Stares back ın amazement* :p:

So how does ıt feel beıng free? You know, wıthout exams I'm ın Turkey at an ınternet cafe. I'm fıne alhamdulıllah. I mıss the UK alot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    *Stares back ın amazement* :p:

So how does ıt feel beıng free? You know, wıthout exams I'm ın Turkey at an ınternet cafe. I'm fıne alhamdulıllah. I mıss the UK alot!
    *looks down* :p: *is scared*

I've still got lectures but it's awesome! Plus my mom and bro are arriving here tomorrow InshaAllah! I can imagine, i hope Turkey's being good to you though

How's the family?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lebanon4ever)
    huh im not ignoring u!
    ok i will watch this omar guy!!!
    Ignoring who?

ReputationRep:
    *looks down* :p: *is scared*

I've still got lectures but it's awesome! Plus my mom and bro are arriving here tomorrow InshaAllah! I can imagine, i hope Turkey's being good to you though

How's the family?
    LOL @ being scared. I mean no harm :cool:

Glad to hear that your famıly ıs arrıvıng. How long are they stayıng?

Famıly ıs fıne alhamdulıllah. Parents are out shoppıng.

ReputationRep:
    if u had read the post just above mine you would have found out that it was morsey!
    hi anyways!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.