The I-soc (Islamic Society) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poison Ivy)
    Okey kokey wasjust wondering

Kamran you getting cheeky with me eh?
    i would not dare, grandma!!! lol

ReputationRep:
    look let me get this straight... if there's a slider for respect...as soon as a girl wears a hijab (out of conviction - not hypocritical like the examples aliyah said) this slider goes to max. Thats with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weird and Wonderful)
    i take it you mean hijab? sorry i aint been paying much attn.

In the beginning it is hard as you will feel odd and feel diff to everyone else but hijab is one of the most beautiful things in islam. I have even greater respect for a woman who wears it. I think a woman in hijab looks beautiful.

i think a woman wearin hijab commands more respect
    but i dont look nice in hijab.. doesnt suit me!!

Ouch!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lebanon4ever)
    no its just that people would be really racist..
    da only friend i have who wears hijab is in england..havnt seen her for years! shes suffering badly from people being racist towards her..
    Erm depends what part of England she is from but in London there's no racism as there is sooo much diversity and I doubt you'll have a problem at uni either.

ReputationRep:
    da only friend i have who wears hijab is in england..havnt seen her for years! shes suffering badly from people being racist towards her..
    People aren't *that* racist in this country..lots of people where it especially in asian areas, and although you'd get a couple of dirty looks and the occasional comments, usually people are more curious about it. People seem to think the husband forces people into wearing it, or my personal favourite, that the girl has gone bald, seriously someone asked my mum that and she was being 100% serious.

ReputationRep:
    lol same

ReputationRep:
    how?!!!

did u see the link i posted... the song is nice believe me... it has v.nice meanings

ReputationRep:
    lol!! she lives in Ealing (north west london)i used 2 live there 2!!

ReputationRep:
    That's it I am never chatting to you again EVER :eviltongu

*heartbroken* :bawling:

thats irrelevant to be honest.....

ReputationRep:
    aliyah do u wear it??

ReputationRep:
    Ofcourse you would, its just coz u wearing it the first time so u think it looks weird. i'm sure you look great. Your just scared of what ppl may think etc etc. But as long as you are wearing it for the right reasons and do it with a pure heart then all shall be good.

As for the racial abuse well that happens and is unfortuante. I know it sounds boring and some ppl dont undersatnd but it is a test from god to see who will still wear the scarf and fight it out.

People who stay stuff dont matter, as long as you have your family and your imaan you shall suceed inshallah.

ReputationRep:
    lol!! she lives in Ealing (north west london)i used 2 live there 2!!
    i live in north west london!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm weird. I've been living in England for most of my life and I can't recall a moment when someone has been racist towards a hijabi.
    Pathetic excuse. Absolutely pathetic.

(Original post by Poison Ivy)
    That's it I am never chatting to you again EVER :eviltongu

*heartbroken* :bawling:
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    thats irrelevant to be honest.....
    wat do u mean??
    dont get it!:p:

ReputationRep:
    Rana and Aliyah I don't mean to sound rude or nasty but are you wearing a hijab for fashion purposes/impressing someone or for the fact that you want to cover for your faith?

ReputationRep:
    aliyah do u wear it??
    nope and im quite ashamed to say so

ReputationRep:
    OK i got to go everyone... May Allah bless you all... and make ta3ah (obediance) easy for you... may He enlighten the clear straight path to you... wi ya rab yihdeeki ya Rana

Salam!!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.