The Student Room Group
o0MorseyMan0o
Rana, when (not if) you wear hijab tell me.. i know you will wear it trust me dont worry

not: im not forcing u... but im trying to make it easy for u

bye!!

bye morsey..thnx for all da support...
tc
Look Rana hun it is entirely upto you if you want to wear one or not. No one will think of you otherwise on here and I should hope they don't either.

Just think about it carefully before you do ok :smile:
Reply 7602
Dimez
Sorry if I came across as rude or harsh but I have a tendency to speak my mind and being brutal/blunt with my speech.

Can I just ask why you don't wear the hijab? I've read thus far that you think you'll be the "odd on out" since neither of your friends wear and you assume that a hijab wouldn't look good on you - both of which are terrible excuses that will not suffice on the Day of Judgement.

You needn't answer if you don't want to. :smile:

Seeing as I don't wear hijab either, I think I should answer as well.
Firstly I just don't think I have a strong enough faith to keep it on at the moment. Whatever I do, as I have said in a previous post, I don't want to wear it and then take it off for whatever reason. Secondly, I think there are other areas of my faith which I have to sort my self out with first before I wear hijab. I would also prefer to take things slowly, rather then rushing into it all in one go and then regreting it. For example, I'd rather start wearing long skirts instead of jeans or long sleeves instead of short sleeves, before I wear the hijab.

Seriously though Dimez, your comment was a bit rude, and you should try and help your Muslim Sisters instead of saying their comments are pathetic, no matter what your personal opinion is. None of us are perfect Muslims, far from it, and the only person we have to answer to, is Allah. I hope and pray he has mercy on us all.
Reply 7603
Poison Ivy
And Dimez that's not on. You don't even understand the commitment that is required in wearing a scarf so if I were you I'd take that back because in all honesty it may sound silly but it is not pathetic and the last thing you should be doing is putting these girls down like that and don't say you haven't because you have. They are still young and therefore you should be advising them rather than saying it's pathetic.

Admittedly I was a tad harsh with what I had said and I retract my statement.

I fully understand that wearing a hijab is not simply placing a cloth on your head, it requires much more. I have sisters who went through the very same phase as lil_one et al so perhaps I wasn't quite empathic as I should be.

Due apologies. :smile:
Dimez
Sorry if I came across as rude or harsh but I have a tendency to speak my mind and being brutal/blunt with my speech.

Can I just ask why you don't wear the hijab? I've read thus far that you think you'll be the "odd on out" since neither of your friends wear and you assume that a hijab wouldn't look good on you - both of which are terrible excuses that will not suffice on the Day of Judgement.

You needn't answer if you don't want to. :smile:

:frown: im going away
Reply 7605
lil_one
Seeing as I don't wear hijab either, I think I should answer as well.
Firstly I just don't think I have a strong enough faith to keep it on at the moment. Whatever I do, as I have said in a previous post, I don't want to wear it and then take it off for whatever reason. Secondly, I think there are other areas of my faith which I have to sort my self out with first before I wear hijab. I would also prefer to take things slowly, rather then rushing into it all in one go and then regreting it. For example, I'd rather start wearing long skirts instead of jeans or long sleeves instead of short sleeves, before I wear the hijab.

Seriously though Dimez, your comment was a bit rude, and you should try and help your Muslim Sisters instead of saying their comments are pathetic, no matter what your personal opinion is.
None of us are perfect Muslims, far from it, and the only person we have to answer to, is Allah. I hope and pray he has mercy on us all.

:ditto:
Reply 7606
Weird and Wonderful
Hang on a minute now mate!

Your supposed to help and support them not ridicule them.

thats rude and tbh your pathetic! :mad:

Keep ya head on son.
Ok tsr is going awol on me...taking 10 yrs to sent replies lol...so I'll chat to ya soon. Take care and be good and good luck to those who'll be getting their a-level results tmrw :smile:

Night and salaams :hugs:

xx
Reply 7608
It's like I've got the whole ISOC ganging up against me. Damn, you people blow things out of proportion: I made one rather stupid (but true) comment and everyone's shedding tears.
Reply 7609
Poison Ivy
Ok tsr is going awol on me...taking 10 yrs to sent replies lol...so I'll chat to ya soon. Take care and be good and good luck to those who'll be getting their a-level results tmrw :smile:

xx

W/salaam :smile: xx
Reply 7610
lebanon4ever
now im heartbroken :'-(

Not while i am around. No sis of mine! lol

:hugs: galore!
Reply 7611
Poison Ivy

xx

goodnight!
Reply 7612
Dimez
It's like I've got the whole ISOC ganging up against me. Damn, you people blow things out of proportion: I made one rather stupid (but true) comment and everyone's shedding tears.

youve hurt peoples feelings in the past mate...this isnt a first!
Reply 7613
Dimez

We're not. But in a serious topic when people are trying to give advice and help people, when you make a comment like that, your basically asking for a reaction.
Reply 7614
Dimez
Keep ya head on son.

Likewise!
Reply 7615
Dimez
Keep ya head on son.

its on alright. i jus thought it was extremley rude and blown out of context.

i totally agree with lil_one

you been here a long time i just expected more thas all. it was jus a lil blunt.

sorrry for coming across as abrupt too! :smile:
Reply 7616
As salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Haven't posted here for quite a while, insha'Allah everyone is in the best of health and Imaan!

The dreaded day dawns upon us tomorrow, May we be grateful for whatever results we get, for Allah is the best of planners!
Reply 7617
#2(Laika)
youve hurt peoples feelings in the past mate...this isnt a first!

Neither is it the last. :wink:
Reply 7618
azs*
As salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Haven't posted here for quite a while, insha'Allah everyone is in the best of health and Imaan!

The dreaded day dawns upon us tomorrow, May we be grateful for whatever results we get, for Allah is the best of planners!

Walaykumusalam

Inshallah you and everyone here will do amazing tomorrow.

BTW your profile picture is so so cute!
Reply 7619
Dimez
Neither is it the last. :wink:

jus be a lil more considerate maybe?

Latest