The I-soc (Islamic Society) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    yeh thats kinda true sis
    i heard things like that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_one)
    Home and Away is amazing :p: hehe
    I was asking my mum about law actually the other day! I was saying how surely it must be haraam, or actually no, not haraam but just morally unethical, because your lying and you know in some cases that the person has committed a crime, and your defending them. Also you could cause like an innocent person to go to jail and could ruin their life really, so like how can this be right, when in some cases, you know your defending the wrong person, just for money :confused:
    Logical fallacy. An ethical lawyer/ person would not defend someone for monetary purposes only. It anyway goes against/ undermines the entire legal system that way.

What ever happened to lawyers fighting for justice? For those who are being oppressed and punished without probabe cause? Pro Bono work also exists for a reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    How is accounting haraam? :eek2: I doubt it is, and it's the first time i'm hearing it... As for banking, there are differing views. Also, differing jobs under the banner of banking.
    Yeh exactly, like so many people in my family are accountants as well :confused:. I guess so many jobs can be classified as Haraam. It could be argued that medicine is wrong because your interacting with people of the opposite sex. Shopkeeper, because you might be selling illegal (in Allahs Law) substances. Or I guess a shopkeeper because you might be recieveing money from haraam sources. But then that would be with all jobs. Oh its all so confusing

ReputationRep:
    medicine is haraam aswell :eek:
    oh no
    whjere are all the docs going to go then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahmara)
    oh no
    hell fire

ReputationRep:
    I guess its quite complicated, and Allah knows best. As long as we steer clear from obviously Haraam occupations, InshAllah Allah will forgive us.

ReputationRep:
    oh no
    Lol nah, I'm just using that as an example of why people could argue that any occupation is Haraam.

ReputationRep:
    Salaamz brothers and sisters!

How are we today?

ReputationRep:
    oh no
    Well, that's the thing... I guess there are ways of getting around this, example would be that female doctors treat females only and vice versa for males. Of course, that means there should be a roughly equal amount of doctors of each sex.

Anyways, i dunno and there might be some kinda provision you know, the fact that you're helping someone so the greater good... I repeat, i don't know and Allahu Alam

Kamran: Salaam...im good you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_one)
    I guess its quite complicated, and Allah knows best. As long as we steer clear from obviously Haraam occupations, InshAllah Allah will forgive us.
    Agreed :top:

ReputationRep:
    Ok people, I'm off. Assalamu Alaikum to all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    Kamran: Salaam...im good you?
    i'm kool Rafy nice weather today!

Wa Alaikum Salaam!

ReputationRep:
    if a medicin has got alchol in and its going to cure u, then can the person take the medicin??????

ReputationRep:
    heyyyyy brother kamrans here
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza09)
    if a medicin has got alchol in and its going to cure u, then can the person take the medicin??????
    Hmmm... I've heard something like this, but not sure. I'll do more research on it and let you know...

Of course if there are alternatives it's a definite no. Also, i'm not sure if the stipulation was that it had to be a life-threatening situation... Like i said, i'm not sure but will get back to you InshaAllah.

ReputationRep:
    Salaamz! Peace.x

ReputationRep:
    heyyyyy brother kamrans here
    :hugs:
    Well heloooooooooooo!!!! *suave as usual*

(Original post by Weird and Wonderful)
    i'm kool Rafy nice weather today!
    yep definitely

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.