The I-soc (Islamic Society) Watch

This discussion is closed.
*Ridwan*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Adultery - unnecessary linking with the opposite sex via talk/appearance/thoughts
rahmara
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
does anyone like watchiong hassan and habibah show on islam channel?
Abbas6
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Assalamu'alaykum

Adultery is usualy defined as any action that involves anything haram of a sexual mature between a man and a woman. There's a very detailed discussion on the meaning and scope of "zina" from an islamic perspective at IslamOnline.net
hamza09
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have heard that when someone commits adultery, and then they take their punisment i.e (stoned to death), their sin will be forgiven.is that true??
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rahmara)
does anyone like watchiong hassan and habibah show on islam channel?
Never watched it but I'll look into it, what is it about sis?

Is it just general Islam talk?
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The punishment for zina is stoned to death. But you need 4 witnesses thus it is impossible.

Any sin can be forgiven as long as the sinner repents, verily Allah is most merciful, all-forgiving.
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rizzyh)
Never watched it but I'll look into it, what is it about sis?

Is it just general Islam talk?
yep
i think they show it at 10pm
its relaly good bro
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
BUT Zina is a major sin, muslims are told to keep it away from it as much as possible. That's why it's good to get married to a pious sopuse early.
hamza09
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
oh yh one more question, you know when you arrange to get married are you allowed to see the woman you getting married, if so arnt you commiting adultery what if the man refuses to marry her, the man has already seen her beuty??
Abbas6
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Assaalamu'alaykum

On polygamy, here's something of interest from UnderstandingIslam.com:

"Question: Do Muslims believe in having multiple wives? And if so, is it stated in the Qur'an that this is not only acceptable but standard behavior of Muslims?

Polygamy is more of a socio-cultural rather than a religious issue. There are certain societies where polygamy is an accepted social norm, while in others it is not. Moreover, polygamy is not a part of the Muslim belief, it may be termed as an acceptable social norm in places like Saudi Arabia and some other Arabian regions, but it cannot be termed as an element of Muslim belief.

As far as the reference of polygamy in the Qur'an is concerned, the Qur'an has neither encouraged nor condemned polygamy, per se. The Qur'an has only referred to this standard and acceptable practice of the Arabs, of the time of the revelation of the Qur'an, while prompting Muslims to take care of the orphans in the society. In the particular context of stimulating Muslims on taking care of the orphans in the society, the Qur'an has directed them that if by marrying the mothers of these orphans, they would be in a better position to support and take care of these orphans, then they may marry their mothers. Thus, in fact, the Qur'an has only referred to an already existing social norm of the society in which it was revealed, in the context of a socio-moral issue. Polygamy, per se, is not an issue discussed by the Qur'an"
Just as a matter of interest then(this kind of borders on one of sister Zara's points from not so long ago), does that mean, that with regards to current socio-cultural norms in the UK for example, that a second marriage by a man would be deemed undesireable, with the above in hand, as it is not an accepted "social norm" in the UK?
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You CAN see the girl you wish to marry without commiting adultery

According to the Shari’ah, you can see a girl only if you intend marrying her and there is a possibility of marrying such a girl. If there is possibility of you marrying a particular girl, for whatever reason, for example difference in religion, etc. then it is not even permissible to see the girl. It is not permissible to see or talk to a girl just to be friends with her. If you are interested in marrying a girl, it is advisable to do it in a respectable and dignified way. That is by approaching her parents or some senior family members. It will not be appropriate to side step the parents or responsible family members and communicate with the girl directly. Should that happen, it is expected of a responsible girl to consult with her seniors before making any decision. Shari’ah emphasizes on modesty, respect to seniors and mutual consultation.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best
mortderire
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well allegedly ur allowed to see a woman's hair before u marry her...theres sum hadtih ill c if i can find it
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No you can see who you wish to marry - this is not Blind Date!

But after you discuss it with her parents etc YOU ARE NOT allowed to mingle even though you are engaged - that's a western idea - but mingling before marriage is forbidden.
mortderire
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
blind date- now that was a goooood programme. NOT
couldnt bluddy stand the thing
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
3rd time asking - why isnt ISOC2 in the Soc list?
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
3rd time asking - why isnt ISOC2 in the Soc list?
dunno mate...
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
People I have applied for the new society - Islamic Soc2
lil one
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In Islam Adultery IS : unnecessary talk with opposite sex/thinking lustful things of opposite sex/giving the opposite sex a second look/not lowering your gaze/not wearing appropriate clothing
oh gosh, i dont like that definition :confused:
lil one
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yay thankyou rizzy
filastini
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Why do you need to? :confused:

It's the same society, just a different thread. A new thread had to be made for various reasons because it had over 20,000 posts, but the society and it's members are the same.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (181)
27.38%
No (480)
72.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed