Turn on thread page Beta

The I-soc (Islamic Society) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poison Ivy)
    :rofl: I love the lyrics to that song ...*sigh* wish i had someone to love me ....oh well....*sigh again*
    I'm no seer but that seems very unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .S.O.S.)
    I wont let myself fall in love with non muslim guy....i mean if i don't get to know him, i can't fall in love can i? and i don't believe in LAFS
    yh thats true but what if you are a friend to a guy at your college and you like hang about with each other and then you fancy each other, and fall in love then what will you do, still marry him even though its against islam or forget about him???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poison Ivy)
    I avoid falling for non muslim guys because I know for a fact it'll end in tears and I'm not cut out for the heart break.
    but what if you like friend to a guy at uni and you two help each other and best of mates and then kind of fancy each other, and fall in love would you marry him even though its against islam or forget about him????

ReputationRep:
    Ivy, just out of curiosity, you a hijabi? You don't have to answer if it's too personal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by men are back)
    yh thats true but what if you are a friend to a guy at your college and you like hang about with each other and then you fancy each other, and fall in love then what will you do, still marry him even though its against islam or forget about him???
    that'll depend how much i love him...ask if he will convert?
    well..marrying non muslim, will v.likely mean losing my family...so i'd have to be in deep blinded love for that...i guess i can't really say unless im actually in that situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .S.O.S.)
    that'll depend how much i love him...ask if he will convert?
    well..marrying non muslim, will v.likely mean losing my family...so i'd have to be in deep blinded love for that...i guess i can't really say unless im actually in that situation.
    yh you cant unless you are in a situation, and hopefully that situation will never come

ReputationRep:
    gtg, cheerio, arouvoir, allah hafiz, bye, tc and sweet dreams

ReputationRep:
    Assalamu Alaikum everyone :hello:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by men are back)
    but what if you like friend to a guy at uni and you two help each other and best of mates and then kind of fancy each other, and fall in love would you marry him even though its against islam or forget about him????
    If I develop any feelings for a non muslim I then avoid him and become distant and block any feelings for him.

ReputationRep:
    Hey people i am bak!

Nodded of into la la land for a while! :rolleyes:

Waht are all these lyrics now?

ReputationRep:
    Lyrics of luuurrrrvveeee :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    Assalamu Alaikum everyone :hello:
    hey sister! W/salaam!

And Salaam to the rest of you guys!

I hope everyone was successful in the past 2 weeks, A/AS-level and Gcses as in these hard times, we have to keep strong in our faith (and unity within our own community, whatever sect. as the enemies what to create inward violence) and in our academic studies!

ReputationRep:
    W/Salaams, how you been?

Alhamdulilah did okay-ish :p: but im happy with them how did yours go?

ReputationRep:
    Salaamz ppl!

I hope you all good!

ReputationRep:
    W/Salaams Kamran

hows you?

ReputationRep:
    W/Salaams, how you been?

Alhamdulilah did okay-ish :p: but im happy with them how did yours go?
    *cough* no exams! On a wonderful gap year and so off to Bristol to do medicine. Mashallah! Whatever is written for you.....well have to put the work in and keep faith. I'm supposed to go to Imam Riza(as) soon but not even booked the tickets
    I have been fine, just got fed up with the forum so been hanging around in technology part, no point of D&D, just feel sorry for the poor saps who take some of those peoples written word there.
    I hope you have been well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lecter)
    *cough* no exams! On a wonderful gap year and so off to Bristol to do medicine. Mashallah! Whatever is written for you.....well have to put the work in and keep faith. I'm supposed to go to Imam Riza(as) soon but not even booked the tickets
    I have been fine, just got fed up with the forum so been hanging around in technology part, no point of D&D, just feel sorry for the poor saps who take some of those peoples written word there.
    lucky :p: lol MashAllah
    Good to hear that you've been well I don't go in D&D either, theres not much point.
    I've been well Alhamdulilah been enjoying the hols while they are still here! lol

ReputationRep:
    W/Salaams Kamran

hows you?
    Good you?

Salaamz Bro!

Mashallah you are doing medicine. I am very pleased for you and wish you all the best.

I too am taking a gap year next year and doing a few re-takes! Wanna do medicine in 2007. Is it okay to PM you some time and ask a few questions regarding medicine after a year out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weird and Wonderful)
    Good you?

me good alhamdulilah, kinda hungry atm :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weird and Wonderful)
    Good you?

Salaamz Bro!

Mashallah you are doing medicine. I am very pleased for you and wish you all the best.

I too am taking a gap year next year and doing a few re-takes! Wanna do medicine in 2007. Is it okay to PM you some time and ask a few questions regarding medicine after a year out?
    Hey! Yeah sure and thanks! It was one tough year though.
    One top i will give you is don't waste your time in D&D! Pointless, like trying to take blood from a stone! :p:
    Try to get AAA and i would advise, NOW, email all medical schools as ask their opinion. Do heck of alot of workexperience/voluntary work including St JOhn Ambulance and something amazing abroad if you can. (This also goes to other prospective medics!). Read loads of articles, the internet (BBC health very good) as well as SBMJ magazines and see if you can have practise interviews.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.