Dimez
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mizfissy815)
Assalaamu Alaikum everyone.
How's everyone doing?

I'm just currently reading through the last few pages of the former thread, and I'm very tempted to comment on few topics but I've decided against it.

What was the last topic that has come up? I really can't be bothered to back read...
Welcome back Muhiba! Your absence was most dearly noticed.
Dimez
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rizzyh)
Ok I got a topic - when do u wish to get married? Right after uni?
Also do u want a love or arranged marriage?
Right now would suit me finely.

Nah seriously, eerm probably upon completion of my studies inshallah. I'm not too fond of the whole arrange marriage bonanza; I'd much rather find my own and seek parent's seal of approval (all in an entirely Islamic atmosphere of course).
The Green Manalishi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Weird and Wonderful)
Forgive me for saying, but does it not come down to intentions i mean a woman wearing perfume to attract the attention of men is different to a woman wearing perfume to hide sweat etc?
They've stated in that article that you can use deoderant for that. Regardless, she can find scentless deoderant
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mortderire)
btw on the perfume stuff, the alcohol in perfume, isnt ethanol (i.e. the stuff u get drunk on) and its poisonous

the term alcohol is rather misleading
Why? Any compound with an OH link/ atoms can be classes as alcohol/ alcohol derivative.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hamza09)
another questione so what age is it perfect for a man to have a second wife
At the same time? For common men like us, i'd personally answer never One of the 'Al-Muttaqun' perhaps... The true and righteous 'Al-Muttaqun'

its a sunnah act, and its a act that our beloved prohet muhammed SAW(peace be upon him) has said you could do but you have to treat all the wives as the same. and oh yeah you allowed to keep 4 wives
The way you worded it is a bit strange... Simply because Prophet (SAW) did it, it's not precedent for everyone to follow. I mean, do it if it helps the woman, you can comply with the guidelines and both parties consent. Which, imo, is a long list to fulfill, which imo only a select few individuals can uphold such Prophet (SAW) himself.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rahmara)
isnt a womens voice meant to be aura?
i read that on a site i think
That's a bit extreme imo...
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by -Ayesha-)
Yeah sure you are. But you have to treat ALL of them EXACTLY the same. It's extremely difficult and i believe only the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) could do it perfectly.

It's a sunnah...as in you don't have to do it. Why can't you be satisfied with only one wife?
Agreed. It's not 'sunnah' i don't think and i disagree with people making that claim. A 'sunnah' act, imo, is one which muslims should actively seek out as a progression of their Islamic beliefs. As for taking plural wives, i don't think it becomes incumbant on a muslim man to actively seek out plural wives.

You can, it doesn't say you should.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Weird and Wonderful)
the time the prophet done it in were completly different there were troubled times and the prophet done it to protect them and give them a place to live more than anything else. Shi'te have something called Muttah otherwise known as temporary marriage which ppl have abused and do only to fullfill there sexual desires. i just dont understand what one will gain by having 4 wives?
As far as i know, the concept of mut'ah marriages was for sexual gratification, although i may very well be wrong. Please correct me if that's the case.

Also, it's disallowed now to my knowledge.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yes i want to know about that too
why do some people do that?
:confused:
Plural wives? In the old days (Sahabah times) when there was times of war, if husbands were killed in war then the friends used to marry their widowed wives in order to protect and sustain them. Otherwise the widowed woman would suffer without food, protection so on and so forth. So it was done out of good intention and not for purely sexual gratification.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have heard that when someone commits adultery, and then they take their punisment i.e (stoned to death), their sin will be forgiven.is that true??
Repent and Tawbah imo, is solely upto Allah (swt) and i don't like to pass judgement on it. According to one story i've heard, if the man/ woman repents sincerely then their repentance can be accepted. Allah (swt) is the Most-Forgiving
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mizfissy815)
Assalaamu Alaikum everyone.
How's everyone doing?

I'm just currently reading through the last few pages of the former thread, and I'm very tempted to comment on few topics but I've decided against it.

What was the last topic that has come up? I really can't be bothered to back read...
Assalamu Alaikum and a very warm welcome back to Muhiba and Munise.
Hope things are well with you'll InshaAllah. Good to have you'll back
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Walaikum Salaams Rashid and JazakAllah! How you been?

Just waiting 30mins till Fajr lol
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by -Ayesha-)
hahaha!

I remember hearing that once in a wedding. Do they cover their mouths with their hands and shout 'Ho lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo?'

It's hilarious!
YES!!!
And if your lucky enough to find those crazy chicks, they spin round and bob their heads up and down (sort of like 'mellow' head-banging), and wiggle their fat bodies around too!
Some of them are dramatic:
Ho lo lo! LOOOOOOO LO! Ho lo! Hoooo lo lo lo! Lololololololololololeeeeeeeeh!
Don't get me started on the belly dancing!
In most weddings, women do it WITH THE HIJAB ON!
The same can't be said for their bellies.... bigger than watermelons they are!
Mutated watermelons at that!
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As-Salam alikum!
And welcome back sis Munise and Muhiba!
Really missed you guys.
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No one here....
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
im here
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
oooh ayazzzzz where did you go? :mad:
lol :p:
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
im here...
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hehe
i think brother ayaz has left the room
im going to go soon though
get ready for 6th form
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
hehe
i think brother ayaz has left the room
im going to go soon though
get ready for 6th form
yeh i gotta get ready for Summer School soon too...so i'll cya!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.26%
No - I got the required grades (109)
59.24%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise