Turn on thread page Beta

The I-soc (Islamic Society) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    So do we.
    They are bound to certain rules like us.
    Rules that they can break like people also tend to do.
    Besides, the rules we're bound to are either state laws, religious obligations or just moral. Yet, some people commit evil deeds...the same apply to the Jinn.
    There are good Jinns as there are good people. That’s why we’re supposed to say Asalaamu Alaikum even when entering an empty house….you never know whether a Muslim Jinn is present of not.

I’ve heard Ayat Al-Kursi can protect against evil Jinn…not very sure about it’s authenticity but I’m sure it can’t hurt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mortderire)
    jazakallh bo green guy for backin da ummah up on that prayer at school thread (my prayers are with u)
    ahem
    excuse moi mon frere
    i did try and help you know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizfissy815)
    I’ve heard Ayat Al-Kursi can protect against evil Jinn…not very sure about it’s authenticity but I’m sure it can’t hurt.
    I've also heard that. I think there's a Hadith about it being read before sleeping for safety from evil and all and also for general safety. Will look up the Hadith now

ReputationRep:
    The egg came first.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/05/26/chicken.egg/

ReputationRep:
    Oh btw I kept thinking all those questions Hamza were asking were part of the pro/con debate thing.

I advise Hamza join a Islam MSN Group - they'll give you a proper, simple answer to ALL your questions brother

Salaam!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    I've also heard that. I think there's a Hadith about it being read before sleeping for safety from evil and all and also for general safety. Will look up the Hadith now
    Great. Thanks!

Assalaamu Alaikum to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Great. Thanks!

InshaAllah i'll find it Wa Alaikum Salaam and Assalamu Alaikum to others. Glad you're back Muhiba, your contributions were sorely missed

welcome back Muhiba

ReputationRep:
    Great. Thanks!

Salaams I'm fairly new here to the ISOC so I don't think I've met you before. I'm Aliyah, 16 from London

ReputationRep:
    Lol...It's good to be back.

Wa Aalikum as Salaam Aliyah...I'm Muhiba and almost 18. Nice to meet you.

ReputationRep:
    As-Salam alikum all!

ReputationRep:
    Rules that they can break like people also tend to do.
    Besides, the rules we're bound to are either state laws, religious obligations or just moral. Yet, some people commit evil deeds...the same apply to the Jinn.
    There are good Jinns as there are good people. That’s why we’re supposed to say Asalaamu Alaikum even when entering an empty house….you never know whether a Muslim Jinn is present of not.

Yes, Ayat al-Kursi does protect you.
    My mom always tells me to recite it, and blow it all over my hands, and in the four corners of the room.
    She also told me to rub my hands over the parts of my body that I could reach (after blowing on them).
    The Prophet also used to do the same.

ReputationRep:
    Wa Alaikum as Salaam Ayaz...

Yes, Ayat al-Kursi does protect you.
    My mom always tells me to recite it, and blow it all over my hands, and in the four corners of the room.
    She also told me to rub my hands over the parts of my body that I could reach (after blowing on them).
    The Prophet also used to do the same.
    Hmm...I didn't know that. Thanks for the information.

ReputationRep:
    There is another Surah in the Quran which should be treated in the same way; I forgot which :p:

Btw, how are you? Interested in the debate?

ReputationRep:
    DEBATE

Yesterday we had an atheist here in the ISOC. He questioned Islam, claiming Islam was evil. We did manage to see him off, but what we didn’t do was try and convince him.

Unfortunately, like him, many people believe the same thing: Islam is and evil religion. It should be abolished. A visit to Debate and Discussion, Religion section, will give you an idea of what I’m talking about.

Some of you had great ideas yesterday; ideas that defended Islam and ideas that proved that Islam is, infact, a religion of peace.

But that can not be said for anyone.

How efficiently can all of you answer this question: What is Islam?
    We would all say that Islam is believing in Allah and His Messenger. We would all go on about how there are five pillars in Islam that we have to follow.
    What if someone asked you: WHY do you have to believe in one god? WHY do you have to follow the five pillars.
    Most of us would be lost for words then.

I would, for one.

That will be the whole point of the debate.

There will be two teams: the pros and the cons.

The cons will consist of stubborn people; people who will 'think outside the box'; people who will refuse to accept this 'one-god' policy; people who can get themselves out of tight corners; people who will take some convincing before they agree that Islam MIGHT be peaceful.
    The actual number of people in the team hasn't been decided yet.
    Feel free to nominate yourself. But MAKE SURE that when you are debating, you forget all your beliefs for that particular time, and think like an atheist, or a person from another religion would think. You need to be able to rubbish all claims about Prophets etc. and provide ample proof that there is no such thing as 'religion'.

The pros will be people who possess all the qualities of a con, and more! You have to be able to convince a person who doesn’t even believe in god in the first place! You have to validate your claims, and provide proof after proof. You have to stand up for the Islamic society.
    And most importantly, you'll have to keep your temper in check, and be convincing.
    Once again, feel free to nominate yourself for this position if you feel that you are a motivational speaker.

Tell me what you think about the idea, and if enough people join/support it, ill put up the rules and regulations.

The point of this debate is to educate ourselves; even if we don’t learn a lot, we are BOUND to learn at least a thing or two!

Plus, it’s better than senseless chatting!
    This one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_one)
    Salaams I'm fairly new here to the ISOC so I don't think I've met you before. I'm Aliyah, 16 from London
    Check your CP :p:

ReputationRep:
    Rahmara, I finally got the Cricket Soc. removed

ReputationRep:
    Check your CP :p:
    aww jazakhAllah brother! its really really really appreciated :p:

ReputationRep:
    hello?

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.