(Original post by justfarhan)
    Psychology! :bunny:
    My school don't offer it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Keyfik Rana keyfik?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_one)
    I found this for you sis :

Ans. There is no difference of opinion amongst the scholars with regards to covering/non-covering of the ankles. All the scholars, regardless of their different schools of thought and differences in many issues, have no difference of opinion in this regard. They all unanimously agree that the length of the lower garment, i.e. the trousers/pants/izars etc. should be above the ankles for men. Thus it is forbidden for men to cover their ankles with their lower garments i.e. trousers/pants/izars etc. There are several authentic Ahadith to substantiate this ruling.

Narrated Abu Huraira
    Allah's Messenger (pbuh) said, "Allah will not look, on the Day of Resurrection, at a person who drags his Izar (behind him) out of pride and arrogance." (Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 7, Hadith no. 5788)

There may be few Muslims who tend to differ on the subject due to ignorance. They argue by saying ‘the Hadith says that anyone who drags the Izar out of pride and arrogance will be punished in the hereafter. Therefore we don’t drag the pants out of pride and arrogance’.

However, there are many Ahadith in which the Prophet has instructed in unambiguous words to wear the Izar above the ankles without mentioning the aspect of pride or arrogance. One of the Ahadith is as follows:

Narrated Abu Huraira

The Prophet said, "The part of an Izar which hangs below the ankles is in the Fire." (Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 7, Hadith no. 678)

In the Hadith quoted above, there is a general instruction to keep the trouser above the ankle, irrespective whether it is out of pride & arrogance or without pride & arrogance.

Moreover, can any human being claim to be as humble as the Prophet (pbuh)? Alhumdulillah, we Muslims believe that the Prophet (pbuh) was far more humble than anyone of us can ever be and he could never be as arrogant & proud as we can be at any given time. He was sent as a mercy (Al-Qur'an 21: 107) for all the creatures, yet he wore his lower garments above the ankles. Therefore we should obey the commandment of the Prophet (pbuh) in order to prosper in the hereafter. The Prophet (pbuh) is reported to have said:

"All my followers will enter Paradise except those who refuse." They said, "O Allah's Messenger! Who will refuse?" He said, "Whoever obeys me will enter Paradise, and whoever disobeys me is the one who refuses (to enter it)." (Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 9, Hadith no. 384)

Thus, it is incumbent upon the Muslim men to wear the pants/trousers/izars above the ankles. And Allah knows the best.
    Thanks for the information

I thought it's only for prayer? I roll my trousers up above my ankles for prayer. Don't know the reasoning behind it though, I think it's sunnah.
    Yeah, i saw men roll trousers above their ankles for prayer on Turkish telly once. Always wondered why..

ReputationRep:
    My school don't offer it :rolleyes:
    What other interesting ones do they offer? And what do you intend to study at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    Yeah, i saw men roll trousers above their ankles for prayer on Turkish telly once. Always wondered why..
    Write it in your diary.

ReputationRep:
    i never said psycology!! iv always wanted pharmacy... ur memory is fooling you!
    about the copy cat thing..
    thats ur problm i was gonna say it first.. but i read the question as "trousers above da knees"(how blind!) so i wasted time posting that it was gay!

ReputationRep:
    In answer to your question Milli

'The lower garment of the mumin should reach to the middle of his calves. There is no harm in what is between that and the ankles. What is lower than that is in the Fire. What is lower than that is in the Fire. On the Day of Rising, Allah will not look at a person who trails his lower garment in arrogance.' Hadith - Al-Muwatta 48.12, Similar narration in Abu Dawood #4082
    But i never knew that before!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lebanon4ever)
    i never said psycology!! iv always wanted pharmacy... ur memory is fooling you!
    about the copy cat thing..
    thats ur problm i was gonna say it first.. but i read the question as "trousers above da knees"(how blind!) so i wasted time posting that it was gay!
    Exactly, how could I have copied you if you said it after me? :p:

What does it take for you to notice 'keyfik'? :huff:

ReputationRep:
    umm its keefik
    and ur supposed to say that at the beginning of da conversation!

ReputationRep:
    What other interesting ones do they offer? And what do you intend to study at uni?
    They don't really offer any interesting ones..i go to a private school so they're a bit wierd with the subjects they offer:rolleyes:

At Uni I think I wanna do something sciency..maybe Pharmacy..

ReputationRep:
    Write it in your diary.
    lol.....was that you being sarcastic?

ReputationRep:
    They don't really offer any interesting ones..i go to a private school so they're a bit wierd with the subjects they offer:rolleyes:

At Uni I think I wanna do something sciency..maybe Pharmacy..
    What's the name of your school? Maybe if you speak to the headteacher she might consider introducing the subject you want.

ReputationRep:
    tsr is going so slow for me..grrr

ReputationRep:
    Hey

You're not really from Oman are you?! :p:
    I'm told my great great grand parents where fomr there.

Your not actually allowed to do that. You must pull your trousers up as far as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Salaam! Either you got negged a few times or their rep is worth little :ninja: :getmecoat

I wanted to ask if you have a Geordie [sp?] accent?

Yes it is spelt Geordie, and I do not speak it, thank God. I have only been in Newcastle for three years.

As for the rep thing, I have been proudly given 3 or 4 neg reps from some anonymous members (I know who they are by the way as they forgot to change their style of writing when adding their comment :hubba:). I was thinking of giving them pos rep in return as I considered their neg rep the most pos I can ever get

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    What's the name of your school? Maybe if you speak to the headteacher she might consider introducing the subject you want.
    lol you won't have heard of it sis, its not one of those schools like eton lol..yeh apparently loads of people asked her a few years ago to introduce physcology and she basically didn't want to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lebanon4ever)
    umm its keefik
    and ur supposed to say that at the beginning of da conversation!
    You pronounce it as 'keyfik', no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weird and Wonderful)

Your not actually allowed to do that. You must pull your trousers up as far as possible.
    I'm confused :confused:

ReputationRep:
    dont get me started about private schools!! i go to 1... they have the dumbest rules ever.. and only like 10 different gcses available and you have to choose from them!!

ReputationRep:
    tsr is going so slow for me..grrr
    me too! :mad:

Poll
Do you have any savings?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.