The Student Room Group
Reply 11000
men are back
not bad, not bad

Good good.

What are your views on contraceptions Hamza and Rahmara?
men are back
yh even we did at gcse, we had to learn all about it, but i cant seem to remba all of it, the only thing i could remba is that the main islamic scohler had a meeting in 1974 or somefin about contraception, and then they said when and when not is it permisble to use contraception

Same and we learnt about this Imam Al-Ghazalli dude.
rahmara
We looked at abortion in our RS lesson :smile:
Perhaps you can share with us what you learnt.
Reply 11003
justfarhan

:ditto:
justfarhan

well we learnt quite a lot so ill have to refer back to my AS notes :smile: :rolleyes:
#2(Laika)
Good good.

As for your question brother rafy, i think contraception is allowed however, i think its only permitted if it doesn't cause any harm, and there's an agreement between the husband and wife. :smile:
Reply 11006
#2(Laika)
Good good.

my views are simple, i dont really care, whether people use it or not. if it was me i would not use it unless i am in certain situation.
Reply 11007
As far as I know, contraception is permitted with mutual consent between the two spouses.
rahmara
As for your question brother rafy, i think contraception is allowed however, i think its only permitted if it doesn't cause any harm, and there's an agreement between the husband and wife. :smile:

Yep, and some people think that contraception is in a way like abortion, but its not, as abortion is a crime against an existing life.
Reply 11009
lil_one
Same and we learnt about this Imam Al-Ghazalli dude.

dont know bout that dude whoever he is, i think i herd of his name but not sure, can you just ell me a bit more bout him
Reply 11010
rahmara

men are back
my views are simple, i dont really care, whether people use it or not. if it was me i would not use it unless i am in certain situation.

Thanks for your views....
Dimez
As far as I know, contraception is permitted with mutual consent between the two spouses.
Yes, that's normally the case in marriage.
#2(Laika)
Thanks for your views....

you're welcome brother :smile:
Im sure everyone's heard about the molly case- father taking her to pakistan :rolleyes:
Reply 11013
rahmara
Im sure everyone's heard about the molly case- father taking her to pakistan :rolleyes:

Yeh....feel sorry for the poor girl.
Reply 11014
rahmara

is that one, that the father took her to pakistan to get married
Reply 11015
i found out she is 12 years old and says she wanted to go to pakistan and live with her dad, and she bought her own ticket

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/5304126.stm
Reply 11016
men are back
is that one, that the father took her to pakistan to get married

Yeh
There are so many Pakistanis who do that, it's disgusting. Forget the "Molly" case, there's so much more. Truly sick. Especially honour killings.

*happy to be Bengali*.
Assalamu Alaikum,
I asked about short-term contraception instead of long-term :smile: Not a problem, and thanks for all your replies!

Talking about Islamic courses, in my LLB course for the second stage i get to choose an extra module... Well, there's one on an introduction to Islamic law which sounds mondo interesting! Can't wait! :biggrin: InshaAllah i'll get to do it...
Yeh, but whats even worse is that these honour killings are reported by the media, who then make it out to be that its a muslim thing, when really, its a cultural thing. It just, once again, gives us a bad name.

Latest