Turn on thread page Beta

The I-soc (Islamic Society) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    The Beginner's Guide To Islam
    Okie dokie. There's some new programmes coming on Islam Channel. Im looking forward to all of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahmara)
    May i ask which islamic programme?
    Its about Peaches Geldof who goes to stay with a Muslim family in Morroco.

ReputationRep:
    Okie dokie. There's some new programmes coming on Islam Channel. Im looking forward to all of them
    I don't really watch that channel don't know why really..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_one)
    I don't really watch that channel don't know why really..
    I have to say...that's the only channel i watch the most apart from Sky news that is

ReputationRep:
    helolo everyone

ReputationRep:
    salaams hamza..you ok?

ReputationRep:
    salaams hamza..you ok?
    w/salam

i am fine, just enjoyin the last days of my holiday

how about yourself, you k?

ReputationRep:
    woohoo :party:
    i've just finished my RS essay on miracles. have to get on with art now
    :hello: hamza

ReputationRep:
    hello, how are you, you ok?

ReputationRep:
    lol good girl :p:

ReputationRep:
    i have to go bye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by men are back)
    hello, how are you, you ok?
    im good alhamdulilah. Hope you are too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taqo)
    salams

about phoning up her parents being wrong or right, i think it depends on the parents themselves.....if you feel like the parents are going to for e.g. pretend that they didnt know of whats happening and try to stop her from going by taking her out somewhere else then i think its better to tell them, but if their going to act harshly with their daughter and tell her u told them then i think its better if you dont tell them......it would just ruin your friendship and the next time this friend of yours might do worst things without telling you....you should always let her know that your their to talk to her, and maybe you'll feel that the first couple of times didnt work, but after that they will inshAllah....and always pray for her....

These situations are really tough, but their the ones that show a real friend from a fake....
    After phoning her parents i thought i'd be doing the right thing if i spoke to them. I did calm them down....especially her dad who was quite angry. I've noticed that as a family they are pretty strict and put alot of pressure on their daughter. This i don't agree with. I also believe she was pressurised into wearing the hijab and now she feels the need to fight back.

I don't think she trusts me anymore and i'm worried that she'll get herself into far worse things. I'm not trying to be her 'mother'....just looking out for her.

ReputationRep:
    lol good girl :p:
    I know i am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    After phoning her parents i thought i'd be doing the right thing if i spoke to them. I did calm them down....especially her dad who was quite angry. I've noticed that as a family they are pretty strict and put alot of pressure on their daughter. This i don't agree with. I also believe she was pressurised into wearing the hijab and now she feels the need to fight back.

I don't think she trusts me anymore and i'm worried that she'll get herself into far worse things. I'm not trying to be her 'mother'....just looking out for her.
    Thats quite a brave thing to do man, I would be really scared

ReputationRep:
    Thats quite a brave thing to do man, I would be really scared
    lol....i was pretty scared and concerned. Her brothers seemed angry and kept questioning me. I felt like i was being interrogated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    This i don't agree with. I also believe she was pressurised into wearing the hijab and now she feels the need to fight back.
    Assalamu Alaikum,
    I know this feeling and it's not a good one. Sometimes if something good is forced on you, you're too busy fighting without seeing the good in that action, or lack thereof :p:
    When someone has contempt and isn't happy, then to put them straight can be a real task! Just a general comment...

As to whether you did the right thing or not - Allahu'Alam

ReputationRep:
    Now, that's scary! :eek: :eek2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    lol....i was pretty scared and concerned. Her brothers seemed angry and kept questioning me. I felt like i was being interrogated.
    The worst thing would have been though if her parents twisted it and threw it back onto you, hopefully they were really grateful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evening Star)
    I know you were curious Rashid, it was just an evil joke on my part :p:
    Assalamu Alaikum to all,
    I know you were :p: I think for the long-term contraception it said it was haraam as we're not supposed to change our bodies...

2. It is prohibited to take any measure, which would permanently prevent pregnancy, or cause infertility. It is permissible, however, to use temporary birth control methods to delay pregnancy, as in the case of delaying pregnancy for the two years of breastfeeding the first child.
    Source.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.