Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Rahmarah,

Just to let you know, the more you talk about your good deeds, the less thawab you get. So what will it benefit you if you tell us that you have read the Qur'an and is fasting? Just keep it to yourself.

I KNOW that you're not trying to show off or something, but I wish for you the greatest of thawab

ReputationRep:
    Ok brother Jazakhaallah I didnt know that

ReputationRep:
    During menstruation, we know that a woman cannot pray, but does she have to make up those prayers/ fasts?

If there's a difference in views of madhabs then i'm a Shafi'i

ReputationRep:
    whats shafi and madhabs?...my mum makes up for ones she misses. she told me to do aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Yep brother, we have to make them up.

ReputationRep:
    Just today I knew what was special about 15th Sha'ban (yesterday)... it is the day which the Qiblah turned to Masjid Al-Haram at Makkah, when it was first to Masjid Al-Aqsah. I got that from the Jum'aa Khutba today.

Oh yeah and in the Khutbah the Imam was saying this Ayah: 143.
    Thus We have appointed you a middle nation, that ye may be witnesses against mankind, and that the messenger may be a witness against you. And We appointed the qiblah which ye formerly observed only that We might know him who followeth the messenger, from him who turneth on his heels. In truth it was a hard (test) save for those whom Allah guided. But it was not Allah's purpose that your faith should be in vain, for Allah is Full of Pity, Merciful toward mankind.
    Surah Al-Baqarah Ayah # 143

And the Imam was saying how it is amazing that this Ayah talking about how we are a middle nation is exactly on the middle of Surah Al-Baqarah.
    Surah Al-Baqarah has 286 Ayahs, and this one is # 143!!

Now Consie, can that be coincidince?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by o0MorseyMan0o)
    Rahmarah,

Just to let you know, the more you talk about your good deeds, the less thawab you get. So what will it benefit you if you tell us that you have read the Qur'an and is fasting? Just keep it to yourself.

I KNOW that you're not trying to show off or something, but I wish for your the greatest of thawab
    I didn't know we were meant to fast today. Rahmara just reminded me. If her intention is not to show off, then i don't see any reason why she shouldn't talk about her good deeds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    During menstruation, we know that a woman cannot pray, but does she have to make up those prayers/ fasts?

If there's a difference in views of madhabs then i'm a Shafi'i
    Same here.

Belle, each Madhab is like a group of scholars who have minor differences in some minor aspects of Islam. BUT, the foundations and major aspects of Islam (e.g. the 5 pillars of Islam, the 6 pillar of Iman) are the same. I'm not 100% sure though, Allah knows best.

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks,

u know i filled in my form wrong...
    it says current data held, nationality: scribble

i had to scribble it out cause it in the wrong column.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    I didn't know we were meant to fast today. Rahmara just reminded me. If her intention is not to show off, then i don't see any reason why she shouldn't talk about her good deeds?
    Yes, but believe me... any ounce of riya` can shatter down the acceptance of the deed. So just keep yourself safe from any riya` that may come.

I remember there was once a story about how a sahabi was caught sneaking behind someone's garden, and he was actually giving food and money (or some kind of sadaqah) to the house who was owned to poor people... and he didn't want to say that, and he actually preferred staying in jail instead of declaring his good deed... until the lady of the house told them that he wasn't stealing etc...

I'm not saying that we have to do that, but it is an example to show how the companions of the prophet were eager for the best of thawab.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .S.O.S.)
    ok thanks,

u know i filled in my form wrong...
    it says current data held, nationality: scribble

i had to scribble it out cause it in the wrong column.
    S.O.S, where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but believe me... any ounce of riya` can shatter down the acceptance of the deed. So just keep yourself safe from any riya` that may come.

I remember there was once a story about how a sahabi was caught sneaking behind someone's garden, and he was actually giving food and money (or some kind of sadaqah) to the house who was owned to poor people... and he didn't want to say that, and he actually preferred staying in jail instead of declaring his good deed... until the lady of the house told them that he wasn't stealing etc...

I'm not saying that we have to do that, but it is an example to show how the companions of the prophet were eager for the best of thawab.
    Yeah, i see what you mean now.

ReputationRep:
    Same here.

Belle, each Madhab is like a group of scholars who have minor differences in some minor aspects of Islam. BUT, the foundations and major aspects of Islam (e.g. the 5 pillars of Islam, the 6 pillar of Iman) are the same. I'm not 100% sure though, Allah knows best.
    Yeah, i think she has to make up the fasts but not the prayers. That's because there are 5 prayers a day, multiply by about 4 days and hence 20 Salaats she has to make up, so it's not exactly practical - A mercy of Allah (Azzawajall) onto women
    I'll give more on madhabs later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    Yeah, i think she has to make up the fasts but not the prayers. That's because there are 5 prayers a day, multiply by about 4 days and hence 20 Salaats she has to make up, so it's not exactly practical - A mercy of Allah (Azzawajall) onto women
    I'll give more on madhabs later
    Same here.

Of course you mean only the Ramadan fasts.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, always have trust in Allah...

إن الذين آمنوا وعملوا الصالحات إنا لا نضيع أجر من أحسن عملا

Translation (by M. Pickthall):
    Lo! as for those who believe and do good works - Lo! We suffer not the reward of one whose work is goodly to be lost.

Qur'an Surah Al-Kahf, Ayah # 30

ReputationRep:
    i was born in bangladesh living in cardiff.
    my first year modules at uni i cant wait!!!: really scared tho how ill do.
    Atoms, Nuclei and Matter

Cosmos

Dynamics and Relativity

Fields, Vibrations and Waves

Mathematics for Physical Scientists I and II

Investigative Physics I and II

Astrophysical Concepts

Computing on the Net

How the Human Body Works

TIT FOR TAT

It is a law of nature that whatever action we take in this world, there is always a reaction. If we do good, we stand to gain a good reward. If we do bad, we should expect a bad outcome ultimately. "What you sow, so you reap" is a popular saying.

The Holy Qur'an has also guided us on this subject. It says:

If you do good, you do good to yourselves. (likewise)

If you do evil, you do evil to yourselves.

(Qur'an: Chapter 17, Verse 7)

One of the companions of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) was very fond of this verse of the Qur'an. He used to recite it loudly and repeatedly wherever he went.

A Jewish woman who had heard him once wanted to prove him wrong and thus make him unpopular among his people. She thought up a plot against him.

She prepared some sweets mixed with poison and sent them to him as a present. When he received them, he went out of the city with them. On the way, he met two men who were returning home from a long journey. They appeared tired and hungry, so he thought of doing them a good turn. He offered them the sweets. Of course, he was not aware that they were secretly mixed with poison. No sooner had the two travellers taken the sweets, they collapsed and died. When the news of their death reached Medina, the city where the Prophet resided, the man was arrested. He was brought in front of the Prophet and he related what had actually happened. The Jewish woman who had mixed poison with the sweets was also brought to the court of the Prophet. She was stunned to see the two dead bodies of the travellers there. They in fact turned out to be her own two sons who had gone away on a journey.

She admitted her evil intention before the Prophet and all the people present. Alas, the poison she had mixed in the sweets to kill the companion of the Prophet had instead killed her own two sons.

What a splendid example of a tragic reaction to a bad action. It shows how one reaps what he sows.

"Do as you would be done by" are words of wisdom from the learned and wise men of the past. They teach us to do good to others in the same way as we like others to do good to us.

ReputationRep:
    raffyyy! u have that website still?? one with grey buttons squares with arabic alphabet on and u click them and some guy pronounces them?! i lost it please can u send? again

ReputationRep:

There are MUCH more. And plus all of these had much more contributions to other sections in science. I suggest you see the links.

Those were Muslims who had Islam as their life. Islam encourages Muslims to advance in knowledge. I remember a hadith which meant that the path to Paradise is eased by having a route in your life with knowledge. (I can't find the proper translation but here is it's arabic version:
    من سلك طريقا يلتمس فيه علما سهل الله له به طريقا إلى الجنة

What is shameful is how the Muslim world (in general) have turned away from Islam, after they were the leaders of the world.

You are right, medieval Muslims made amazing contributions to science, and I’m glad that you agree with me how bad it is they're turned away from it. The reason they've turned away from it is because certain Islamic leaders saw the possibly of Islam as a tool of control, and frowned upon science which would eventually disprove much of what was said. Science has ground to a halt because Islamic leaders have seen the potential danger in losing control over the masses via Islam because of the potential development of science.

The proof is in the pudding, Islamic scientists have not made many major scientific discoveries in recent years. The west has produced people like Einstein, Marie Curie and most recently Stephen Hawking.

You show to yourself the influences of governments using Islam to control, you refuse to believe advances in science I’ve said and quote parts of the Qur'an in response. You quote illogical, unreasonable solutions to problems that have long been disproves by empirical methods, a system which was ironically pioneered by Muslims. If you didn’t have idiot, fundamentalist leaders in the middle easy who frown upon any sort of change, the place would be flourishing now, not regressing back into the dark ages.

I think if you go back to square one, and look at these six pillars of Islam, the religion has the potential to be a highly liberal, progressive set of guidelines. That so much has been attached to these pillars has made it a conservative, restrictive religion. You will disagree with me on this, telling me how whatever shows the religion is still liberal, but the proof is shown by the people who practice it. Name me a liberal nation in the middle east, you cant, because supposedly 'Islamic republics' are abusing peoples commitment to Islam in order to control every aspect of their lives.

(Original post by .S.O.S.)
    raffyyy! u have that website still?? one with grey buttons squares with arabic alphabet on and u click them and some guy pronounces them?! i lost it please can u send? again
    Here you go Arabic Alphabet

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.