The I-soc (Islamic Society) Watch

This discussion is closed.
~ABR~
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Consie)
“When nowadays I see in T.V. channels of Muslim countries more and more video clips/ movies/ programmes with non-Islamic content. When uncut Western and European movies start to be viewed in cinemas of Muslim countries. When the number of crimes increase in Muslim countries. When I see 2 Muslims, you think they are a married couple but then it turns out that they are boyfreind-girlfreind. When I start to hear of "Muslim" gays”

I smell a fascist. Seeing programmes that aren’t Muslim in content? What’s wrong with that? That sounds like you’re just trying to segregate yourself from everything that isn’t Muslim and live in your own little bubble of what is 'right'.
You misunderstood me here. Non-islamic content meaning for example half-naked women.

You're right about Muslim teenagers not acting like Muslims. My brother lives by Canary Wharf and sometimes Muslims from the other neighbourhoods come and sit by the Thames, drinking, swearing, and shouting obscene things to women as they come past. You can’t blame this on them being 'corrupted' by the west either, as it is their own choice to be like this. My brother has repeatedly had trouble with them, and is often subject to their racist comments. When I’ve been down with him we've even had fights with them.
Correct.

I don’t think you can blame this on western civilisation corrupting them. Because I’m western, and I don’t act like that - I haven’t been 'corrupted'.
Yeah I agree. It is their choice. Like I went to cyprus in a school trip, half of the Muslims with me will go to bars and drink not caring that it is haram. Alhamdo lillah I was religious, so i didnt go with them. OK i know you are going to say you dont have to be religious to be moral, fine.
Bluefairy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by justfarhan)
Lol yeah

Are you happy?
no, not really
im glad it worked tho thanks for checking.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by .S.O.S.)
im sure rashid said stonned to death, when i asked about this before.
The punishment for adultery is stoning to death (fornication after marriage) but what Morsey means is that you need 4 eye-witnesses to prove it (i.e. it has to be seen by 4 dudes so fairly public) or you need a confession from the party accused. Plus there should be a Khalifa (ruler).
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by The Green Manalishi)
The punishment for adultery is stoning to death (fornication after marriage) but what Morsey means is that you need 4 eye-witnesses to prove it (i.e. it has to be seen by 4 dudes so fairly public) or you need a confession from the party accused. Plus there should be a Khalifa (ruler).
like someones going to have sex infront of 4 people, or like just seeing a lady go into a mans house on her own for a certain length of time is enough to say it was adultry?
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
like someones going to have sex infront of 4 people, or like just seeing a lady go into a mans house on her own for a certain length of time is enough to say it was adultry?
No, i think it is seeing the actual act.
Consie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, its always been in the act in most societies. It happened alot though, as people would get a hunch of what was happening, so set up a trap in which they could catch them red handed. I remember studying one of these cases in classics (studying ancient Greece/Rome). They got the maid to let in the husband via the back door to catch his wife red handed.

'OK i know you are going to say you dont have to be religious to be moral, fine.'

Wohoooo!!!

when I say Muslim feminists, I mean feminests in the western sence. Do you get any saying they want to wear what they want, work where they want, live a single life, or be educated the same as men?
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
OK i know you are going to say you dont have to be religious to be moral, fine

who said that^^?
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
when I say Muslim feminists, I mean feminests in the western sence. Do you get any saying they want to wear what they want, work where they want, live a single life, or be educated the same as men?
yea i say that!
Consie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Morsey said that - I couldnt believe my eyes.
Milli
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, its always been in the act in most societies. It happened alot though, as people would get a hunch of what was happening, so set up a trap in which they could catch them red handed. I remember studying one of these cases in classics (studying ancient Greece/Rome). They got the maid to let in the husband via the back door to catch his wife red handed.

'OK i know you are going to say you dont have to be religious to be moral, fine.'

Wohoooo!!!

You don't have to be a feminist... to work where you want, wear what you want, live a single life and be educated the same as men.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I'm from Toronto Hi
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
You don't have to be a feminist... to work where you want, wear what you want, live a single life and be educated the same as men.
not really in islam you can't wear what you want, you'll end up with 'honour killings' etc and majority of these honor killings are islamic if not all. islam gives men the power which they can use as an excuse to enforce things on women im not saying all muslim men do. and you cant really live a single life. i thought its the parents duty to keep there kids untill...they are married off.
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by justfarhan)
I'm from Toronto Hi
hi? toronto? erm my geography is bad wheres that for some reason i think america?

o lemme guess canada? lol
Consie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you get marreid and have a kid then get divorced your done for aswell. I guess you could argue this is an attempt to keep the values of Islamic culture up to scratch, but its not as black and white as that in some cases.
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i heard the parents are sinned if the child doesnt learn about islam and pray etc is that true?
filastini
Rep:
?
not really in islam you can't wear what you want, you'll end up with 'honour killings' etc and majority of these honor killings are islamic if not all. islam gives men the power which they can use as an excuse to enforce things on women im not saying all muslim men do. and you cant really live a single life. i thought its the parents duty to keep there kids untill...they are married off.
I don't think you totally understood what Milli said?
filastini
Rep:
?
i heard the parents are sinned if the child doesnt learn about islam and pray etc is that true?
I trust if they don't try to teach their children, then perhaps.

'tis their duty, no? The best they can do is try, though.
filastini
Rep:
?
hi? toronto? erm my geography is bad wheres that for some reason i think america?

o lemme guess canada? lol
Aha! I don't suppose my flag gave it away? :eek4:
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
no maybe i didn't i thought she ment that in islam u can where what u want etc. and not be a feminist? but thats not right, because u cant wear what u want because islam tells women what to wear.
filastini
Rep:
?
Yeah *confused*

:ciao:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (124)
18.48%
No (406)
60.51%
Not really bothered about them (141)
21.01%

Watched Threads