The I-soc (Islamic Society) Watch

This discussion is closed.
~ABR~
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by The Green Manalishi)
I typed out some of it... It's not to do with the strategies of the war, rather the improtance of what happened and some thing one can learn about the Sahabah (RA)
This is what I need to review
But one should know that Rasulullah (SAW) was also successful when it comes to strategies of war (successful in all aspects of life actually)
The Green Manalishi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by o0MorseyMan0o)
This is what I need to review
But one should know that Rasulullah (SAW) was also successful when it comes to strategies of war (successful in all aspects of life actually)
Yeah definitely... Another who was excellent at war was Khaleed bin Waleed, apparently he never picked up the banner of Islam, lead an army into battle and was defeated. He never lost... Is that right? Finest Islamic military general
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
oo i saw that war in a movie. it was after they built the first mosque?
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
Yeah definitely... Another who was excellent at war was Khaleed bin Waleed, apparently he never picked up the banner of Islam, lead an army into battle and was defeated. He never lost... Is that right? Finest Islamic military general
Class!!
~ABR~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes, he was given the laqab of "Saifullah Al-Maslool" by the Prophet (PBUH) - yeah that's right.... I remember in one of the battles, 7 swords he weilded got broken (because of how much he was fighting) during combat but he still stayed strong.

(Original post by .S.O.S.)
oo i saw that war in a movie. it was after they built the first mosque?
The Message, right?
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
Its funny how they use guns to fight wars these days, its so easy to just pull a trigger, but get them to hold a sword in a battle i dont think they'd have the stamina in my opinion.
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yea lol, my grandad loved watching that lol, he'd watch it over and over again and make us watch it and we'd sometime (me and my older bro) when he stayed over for coupla months i think, to get outta reading we'd say lets watch that cause we knew our grandad had a soft spot for it.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by #2(Laika))
Its funny how they use guns to fight wars these days, its so easy to just pull a trigger, but get them to hold a sword in a battle i dont think they'd have the stamina in my opinion.
Yeah, especially when you see the resilience of some of the fighters (RA). Like there was this one man, to stop himself from retreating he dug a pit and buried himself upto the knees and carried on the fight.

I think his name was Thaabit bin Qais (sp? ) Not sure though
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, especially when you see the resilience of some of the fighters (RA). Like there was this one man, to stop himself from retreating he dug a pit and buried himself upto the knees and carried on the fight.

Thats passion for you!
~ABR~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
But honestly, it lacks a lot of details - it is just a general overview... because many of the most important characters of the seerah cannot be shown on tv (e.g. Omar Ibn Al-Khattab, Abu-Bakr As-Sideeq (RA), Rasulullah (SAW) himself etc..) and some people say that they were not supposed to show Hamza on tv. Also many other very important battles were not mentioned.

A full understanding of the seerah would be by lectures/ books - not possible with movies.

However it is a good movie.

I heard on one of the lectures how brave the Sahabah (RA) were in battle. 3 of the sahabah (I can't remember their names and i can't remember which battle ) made a challenge to penetrate through the enemy's ranks and come out from the other side of the army and then come back again and do the same (they actually did that), and again and again. Like a 3-man-saw. Immensely brave.

And remember Jafaar Ibn Abu Talib who was then given the title of "Jafaar At-Tayyar" meaning Jafaar the flyer - who was carrying the banner at the Battle of Mu'tah against the Romans. Then his right arm (holding the banner) got cut-off, he then lifted it with his left (caring more about the banner of Islam than his arm) then it got cut-off also... he then lifted it between the parts left of his cut arms.... and then he got stabbed in his abdomen and became a shaheed.

Rasulullah (SAW) gave him the laqab/title of Jafaar At-Tayyar (Jafaar the flyer) because Allah replaced his cut-off arms with two beautiful wings in Paradise.
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
does rashid know whether laser hair removal is ok? you seem to know a lotta things about islam.
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
does rashid know whether laser hair removal is ok? you seem to know a lotta things about islam.
Dont forget to say Mashallah
~ABR~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
OK guys I got to go (to the gym )

Belle, I am not sure about laser hair removal. I think it requires a fatwah.

Salam!
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
Salaam!
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
whats a fatwah?
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
Fatwa
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
JazakhAllah Khair for the kind words to you and Rafy I've got no idea actually, to tell you the truth... I think it would be better for you to ask a scholar
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by o0MorseyMan0o)
I heard on one of the lectures how brave the Sahabah (RA) were in battle. 3 of the sahabah (I can't remember their names and i can't remember which battle ) made a challenge to penetrate through the enemy's ranks and come out from the other side of the army and then come back again and do the same (they actually did that), and again and again. Like a 3-man-saw. Immensely brave.
Alhadulillah, and they did it with such passion too! InshaAllah we strive towards being amonst the righteous

And remember Jafaar Ibn Abu Talib who was then given the title of "Jafaar At-Tayyar" meaning Jafaar the flyer - who was carrying the banner at the Battle of Mu'tah against the Romans. Then his right arm (holding the banner) got cut-off, he then lifted it with his left (caring more about the banner of Islam than his arm) then it got cut-off also... he then lifted it between the parts left of his cut arms.... and then he got stabbed in his abdomen and became a shaheed.

Rasulullah (SAW) gave him the laqab/title of Jafaar At-Tayyar (Jafaar the flyer) because Allah replaced his cut-off arms with two beautiful wings in Paradise.
Yep Alhamdulillah that's such an inspiring story, some of these tales really tug at the heart-strings as you realise how much the Sahabah (RA) and the Anbiyaa of Allah (swt) tried, struggled and worked towards being amongst the righteous! The level of sacrifice and tenacity in their cause was amazing! Allahu Akbar!
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
okay....i dont think i could afford it anyway was just thinking.

mashallah (what does it mean anyway? i know u tend to say it after u hear something good.). thanks to allah?
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As-Salam alikum all! Hows is everyone?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (239)
27.28%
No (637)
72.72%

Watched Threads