Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    We have a SHEESHA SOC?!
    We should, but pig says:

You can't have this as a proper soc as it doesn't fit with the image we want to project.
    :rolleyes: i kinda understand but it sucks! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by o0MorseyMan0o)
    I heard on one of the lectures how brave the Sahabah (RA) were in battle. 3 of the sahabah (I can't remember their names and i can't remember which battle ) made a challenge to penetrate through the enemy's ranks and come out from the other side of the army and then come back again and do the same (they actually did that), and again and again. Like a 3-man-saw. Immensely brave.
    yes it was mashAllah. the 3 sahabas were Hamza(RA) who started it, and then Ali(RA) and Az-Zobair(RA) joined in also!! it was like a game for them, they would run into the enemies group and kill so many people until they reached the end and then come back in until they reached the beginning and do it over and over again
    Then Hamza(RA) decided to kill the flag-bearer(there were 9 responsible for holding the flag), he killed the first one and the next one held it, so he continued killing the 2nd, 3rd, .....and then Ali(RA) asked him to give him a turn, so they took turns killing the men until they killed all 9 of them!!
    Just shows how much Iman they had mashAllah

It was at the battle was Uhud, when Hamza died. They were extremely victorious at the beginning, but then when those few muslims on the mountain disobeyed the Prophet(SAW)'s order and came down from the mountain, the muslims started getting defeated.
    This just explains to us why our umma is defeated, because more than a 'few' are diobeying the Prophet(SAW)'s teachings

And remember Jafaar Ibn Abu Talib who was then given the title of "Jafaar At-Tayyar" meaning Jafaar the flyer - who was carrying the banner at the Battle of Mu'tah against the Romans. Then his right arm (holding the banner) got cut-off, he then lifted it with his left (caring more about the banner of Islam than his arm) then it got cut-off also... he then lifted it between the parts left of his cut arms.... and then he got stabbed in his abdomen and became a shaheed.

Rasulullah (SAW) gave him the laqab/title of Jafaar At-Tayyar (Jafaar the flyer) because Allah replaced his cut-off arms with two beautiful wings in Paradise.
    mashAllah. Jafaar ibn abi Talib was also the Prophet(SAW)'s cousin and he was the one(i think) that said that speech to the Abasyna(sp?) king, right?

a few more men who did great things in the battle of Uhud were:

Talha Ibn-Ubaidullah (RA): Talha told the Prophet (SAWS) “Lower your head, so that you are not hurt by darts. I'm ready to sacrifice my life for you”. He used his hand as a barrier between the Prophet (SAWS) and the darts. One of the darts penetrated his hand to the other side; Talha's hand became paralyzed while defending the Prophet (SAWS).

Abdullah Ibn-Jahsh (RA): Before heading to the battle, he sat with his friend making wishes. His friend said, “I wish to meet a man tomorrow from the disbelievers, one that is very strong. I fight him, he fights me, and then I kill him”. Ibn-Jahsh (RA) said, “As for me, I wish to meet a man tomorrow from the disbelievers, one that is very strong. I fight him, he fights me, and then I kill him. And then I meet a man from the disbelievers, one that is very strong. I fight him, he fights me, and then he kills me, stabs me in the stomach, mutilates my nose, and cuts my ear. I will come to Allah (SWT) in that form in the Day of Judgment and Allah (SWT) will ask for its cause. I will say, for You Allah”. Right here in this very place, Abdullah Ibn-Jahsh (RA) was found stabbed in the stomach, his nose mutilated and his ear cut off. Near him was one of the disbelievers killed. Allah (SWT) granted him (RA) his wish.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh well he's right! Sheeshas are out man! Hookahs are in!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh well he's right! Sheeshas are out man! Hookahs are in!!!
    Yeah same thing. Kinda anyway.

Ofcourse he is right he is pig! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i thought hookas etc are for sniffing drugs? thats bad and u being a muslim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .S.O.S.)
    i thought hookas etc are for sniffing drugs? thats bad and u being a muslim.
    No not sniffing drugs! :eek: :eek2: :eek3: :eek4: I am shocked to hear you think i could or would do that! :bawling:

Sheesha/Hookah is makrooh. Meaning we should not really do it. As it is flavored eg apple its not looked down upon as badly smoking cigarettes and Drugs.

ReputationRep:
    Drugs?! Whos doing drugs here?!
    Kamran!
    NO! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Drugs?! Whos doing drugs here?!
    Kamran!
    NO! :eek3:
    You caught me!

:toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weird and Wonderful)
    No not sniffing drugs! :eek: :eek2: :eek3: :eek4: I am shocked to hear you think i could or would do that! :bawling:

Sheesha/Hookah is makrooh. Meaning we should not really do it. As it is flavored eg apple its not looked down upon as badly smoking cigarettes and Drugs.
    o im sorry misunderstanding on my side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .S.O.S.)
    okay....i dont think i could afford it anyway was just thinking.

mashallah (what does it mean anyway? i know u tend to say it after u hear something good.). thanks to allah?
    It means what Allah has willed. As a way to cool down someone's red-eye :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ok so this is a post about the Battle of Badr (this was the first meeting of Imaan against Kufr in the history of Islam, in battle) I'm using a lecture by Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki on Abu Bakr As-Siddique (RA) and it's mentioned in the lectures under the subtopic of the Jihad of Abu Bakr (RA).

It's worthy to note that the Sahabah (RA) had differing personalities; Abu Bakr (RA) was a softer person representing the merciful side of Islam, and Allah (Azzawajall) whereas Umar ibn Alkathab (RA) was a tougher person, representing the punishment of Islam and Allah (Azzawajall) on evil/ wronging.
    Needless to say, they were both definitely good people, they just exhibited different sides. They were some of the foremost Sahabah (RA) and could be as the advisors to Rasoolullah (SAW) by offering their opinions on certain matters. We'll come to this later on

So right before the beginning of the Battle of Badr this took place... Muhammed (SAW) wanted to be in the front of the army, among the front lines but the Sahabah (RA) told him no, we want you to be in the back of the army. We'll build a shed for you and you will stay there because if we lose, then you can take the rest of the Sahabah (RA) back to Madinah, and continue the fight from there.
    Rasoolullah (SAW) liked the idea and they prepared a shed for him and Abu Bakr As-Siddique guarded him.

There was this event during the Khalifah of Ali ibn Abu Talib (RA) where he stood on the Mimbar and he said, who is the most courageous and he mentioned* seeing Abu Bakr As-Siddique guarding the tent/ shed of Rasoolullah (SAW) from all sides. Going round and round with his sword in hand protecting the tent/ shed from every direction.

*I've shortened the actual convo that Ali Ibn Abu Talib had with the Sahabah (RA) if anyone wants then quote me and i'll elaborate.

Rasoolullah (SAW) was making du'aa to Allah (Azzawajall), hands raised... And it was long du'aa, and he was very involved in the du'aa. He had a cloth covering his shoulders and he was raising his hands making du'aa and he was so involved in the du'aa that the cloth fell down. And he was saying something like

O Allah, fulfill your promise to me because if you decree that this band of muslims perish, then You're not gonna be worshipped on this Earth. The only muslims on the face of the Earth are the ones here, this is Islam, if they die then no one will worship You O Allah. O Allah fulfill your promise to me.

Abu Bakr (RA) picked up the cloth of Rasoolullah (SAW) and said something like O Messenger of Allah, that is enough, because Allah (Azzawajall) will fulfill His promise to you.

And then Rasoolullah (SAW) went to the tent and he slept. He slept right before the battle, and this happened to the muslims a few times. In the battle, they would have nu'aas. Allah (Azzawajall) says, And you slept, and it was tranquility from Allah.

So the scholars say that if someone sleeps on the battlefield, then it is from Allah. And if you want to sleep in Salaat then it is from Shaytaan.

And he (SAW) slept and when he woke he told Abu Bakr (RA), O Abu Bakr rejoice with the victory of Allah, here comes Jibraeel riding his horse.

Allah (Azzawajall) says, Remember when you asked help of your Lord, and he answered you, indeed i will reinforce you with a 1000 from the angels, following one another. And Allah made it not but good-tiding and so that your hearts would be assured thereby. And victory is not but from Allah, indeed Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Allah (Azzawajall) is saying that you asked Me for help (that long du'aa) so i gave it to you. 1000 angels, and in another narration - 2000. Lead by Jibraeel (AS) and Mikhaeel (AS)

But Allah (Azzawajall) is saying the only reason i sent you these angels is to give you comfort in your hearts. Because victory is from Me, you don't need the angels for that, but just to please the heart of Rasoolullah (SAW) and the hearts of the muslims (may Allah be pleased with them).

Abu Bakr (RA) joined in the fighting, as he would in every battle. Years later, when his son Abdur-Rahman became muslim, he only reverted in the 6th year of Hijrah so he was the last member of the family to become muslim. So Abdur-Rahman, years later, told his father On the day of Badr, you were in my sights (He was an archer) but i turned away from you, as i didn't want to kill you.
    Abu Bakr As-Siddique (RA) responded by saying, On the say of Badr i never saw you. But if i had seen you, i would have killed you. Look at the Imaan of Abu Bakr (RA). This is what he understood from Qur'an... Where it says something along the lines of:

Say O Muhammed, if your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your relatives, wealth which you have obtained, commerce wherein you fear decline and dwellings with which you are pleased, are more beloved to you than Allah and His messenger and Jihad in his cause, then wait until Allah executes his command. And Allah does guide the defiantly disobediant people.

You need to put Allah (Azzawajall) and Muhammed (SAW) and Jihad in the sake of Allah first, before everything.

The battle was over, dcisive victory for the muslims. This was the first meeting between Imaan and Kufr. When the battle was over, Rasoolullah (SAW) was watching the battlefield from his tent and Sa'ad ibn Mu'aadh (RA)(spelling? ) was with him. Sa'ad ibn Mu'aadh (RA) was watching as they tied the Kuffaar with ropes.
    Sa'ad ibn Mu'aadh (RA), his face did not seem pleased. So Muhammed (SAW) asks him, O Sa’ad, it seems that you are not happy with what is happening. Sa’ad says Yes, I am not. Because this was the first day when we meet Kufr and we should have executed them rather than taking them Prisoners of War.

70 of them were taken as POWs. And Rasoolullah (SAW) wanted to know what to do with them, it was the first time this had happened and he was seeking council, advise from the Sahabah (RA)

Abu Bakr (RA), the first one to stand up said O Messenger of Allah, these are our father, our brothers and our relatives. I think we should ransom them as the money would strengthen us against disbelief and maybe one say these people will become muslim.
    So he’s now showing the merciful side. The battle is now over, let’s free them…

The next in line was Umar ibn Alkathab to stand up, he said I do not agree with Abu Bakr said. I say you give Ali his relatives to execute them, you give me my relatives to execute them and you give every muslims their relatives from the disbeliever to execute them until the disbelievers know that we have no leniency in our hearts towards them.

Two different viewpoints, opposite of opinion. How did Rasoolullah (SAW) deal with that? Differences did exist among the Sahabah (RA) as every person is different, and your views, the way you see the world are based on things like your knowledge, background, experience etc.

The experience of Umar (RA) and Abu Bakr (RA) were different. So Rasoolullah (SAW) said, Allah (Azzawajall) makes the hearts of some men softer than milk, and Allah (Azzawajall) makes the hearts of some men against the enemies of Allah firmer than stone.

And Muhammed (SAW) said something along the lines of The analogy of you Abu Bakr is like Ibrahim (AS) as Ibrahim (AS) said something along the lines of, Whoever follows me, belongs to me and whoever doesn’t, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

And also like Esa (AS) as Esa (AS) said something along the lines of, If you should punish them, indeed they are your servants. But if you forgive them indeed it is you who is Exalted in Might and Wise.

So Ibrahim (AS) and Esa (AS) showed the forbearing side, the compassionate side.

And then Rasoolullah (SAW) said something along the lines of, And the analogy of you O Umar, is like Nuh (AS) who said something along the lines of; My Lord, don’t leave upon the Earth any disbeliever, wipe them out, don’t leave any disbeliever.
    And also like Musa (AS) whom I quoted yesterday so I’ll leave it today.

And these are Anbiayaa (AS) of Allah and they would view things differently.

Rasoolullah (SAW) then left, and the Sahabah (RA) said maybe he’s gonna follow the opinion of Abu Bakr or maybe he’ll follow the opinion of Umar or maybe he’ll follow the opinion of Abdullah bin Rowaha (sp?) [May Allah (SWT) be pleased with them]

--Abdullah bin Rowaha’s opinion was that you dig a trench, fill it with firewood, set it ablaze and throw them all in.

So anyway Rasoolullah (SAW) he came out and he said, we will ransom them.

The next day, Umar (RA) sees Rasoolullah (SAW) and Abu Bakr (RA) sitting and crying… So he says to them something like, Why are you crying? Tell me, for if it makes me cry then I will cry with you and if it doesn’t make me cry I will force myself to cry.

--See Umar (RA) didn’t want to miss out on any good… Even in Makkah, the Sahabah (RA) used to be tormented, but no one volunteered to come and torment him :p: So he went knocking on the doors looking for someone to torment him, and whoever would see him would close their doors… I mean, no one wanted to torment Umar (RA), I mean who would dare to :p: --

So he wanted to be part of everything good. Anyway back to the scene of them crying…
    Rasoolullah (SAW) said to Umar (RA), I have seen the punishment of Allah (Azzawajall) on top of that tree, and it was about to punish my companions because we have accepted to take the ransom.

The following Ayat was revealed, going something like; It is not for a profit to have captives until he inflicts a massacre in the land. You desire the commodities of this world but Allah desires for you the Hereafter and Allah is exalted in Might and Wise. If not for a decree from Allah that preceeded, you would have been touched for what you took by a great punishment. So consume of what you have taken of war booty as being lawful and good, and fear Allah, indeed Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

What the Ayat is saying is that it was not appropriate to take captives. The muslims should have killed the enemy as this was the first confrontation between Imaan and Kufr.
    So Qur’an supported the opinion of Umar (RA) and this is one of the cases where Qur’an came to confirm the opinion of Umar (RA).

And it states that if it wasn’t for a previous decree, you would have been punished. Some scholars say that this decree is that the people of Badr, there is no punishment for them… As it was a special day, a decisive moment for Islam and those people are above punishment. The ones who were there at that decisive moment.
    Later on Jibreel (AS) came to Muhammed (SAW) and asked him what do you consider the people of Badr to be among you? Rasoolullah (SAW) said, We consider them to be the best among us. And Jibreel (AS) said And the angels consider the angels who attended the Battle of Badr to be the best among the Angels. So it was a special day, witnessed by the creation of Allah (Azzawajall) in the above world of the Angels also.

Another reason amongst scholars as to why the people of Badr would not be punished is that it was made halaal to take Booty of War. In another Hadith, Rasoolullah (SAW) says something along the lines of; Five things were made halaal for me and they have never been made halaal to a Prophet before me.

1.) I was assisted with fear, a distance of a month. Meaning: Rasoolullah (SAW) would start marching towards an enemy, he would be terrified even if Rasoolullah (SAW) is 30 days away.

2.) The entire land, whole Earth was made a Masjid for me therefore pray wherever you can. See with the other Anbiyaa and their followers, they had to pray in the worship places. But with the Ummah of Rasoolullah (SAW) you can pray wherever, any piece of land is Taahir (clean) unless you can see a najasa (impurity) on it. So therefore you can pray in the streets, malls, sidewalks, parks, airports etc unless you see a najasa on it, and the way you know the najasa is by the sight and the smell. Otherwise you assume that it is clean (Taahir)

3.) Booty of war was made halaal for me. All of the other Anbiyaa (AS) they were not allowed to take booty of war for example with Banu Israel they had to gather it and burn it. And in fact Rasoolullah (SAW) says something like My rizq, my sustenance comes from beneath my spear. And the Sahabah (RA) considered the most halaal form of Rizq to be booty of war.

4.) The major intercession was given only to Rasoolullah (SAW).

5.) I was sent to all mankind, while all other Prophets (AS) were sent to their particular people.

SO THAT’S THE BATTLE OF BADR – HOPE YOU ENJOYED :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Thanks Rashid! :yy:
    Jazak Allah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taqo)
    yes it was mashAllah. the 3 sahabas were Hamza(RA) who started it, and then Ali(RA) and Az-Zobair(RA) joined in also!! it was like a game for them, they would run into the enemies group and kill so many people until they reached the end and then come back in until they reached the beginning and do it over and over again
    Then Hamza(RA) decided to kill the flag-bearer(there were 9 responsible for holding the flag), he killed the first one and the next one held it, so he continued killing the 2nd, 3rd, .....and then Ali(RA) asked him to give him a turn, so they took turns killing the men until they killed all 9 of them!!
    Just shows how much Iman they had mashAllah

It was at the battle was Uhud, when Hamza died. They were extremely victorious at the beginning, but then when those few muslims on the mountain disobeyed the Prophet(SAW)'s order and came down from the mountain, the muslims started getting defeated.
    This just explains to us why our umma is defeated, because more than a 'few' are diobeying the Prophet(SAW)'s teachings
    Yes they were the archers on top of the mountain who were restricting the reinforcements (of cavalry I think) that Khaled Ibn Al-Waleed (before he became Muslim) was leading to pass by the mountain to make a powerful charge on the ranks of the Muslim army.

mashAllah. Jafaar ibn abi Talib was also the Prophet(SAW)'s cousin and he was the one(i think) that said that speech to the Abasyna(sp?) king, right?
    Yeah he is the Prophet (SAW)'s cousing indeed. Do you mean the of Habashah? The one who the Prophet (SAW) said that he does not oppress anyone?

a few more men who did great things in the battle of Uhud were:

Talha Ibn-Ubaidullah (RA): Talha told the Prophet (SAWS) “Lower your head, so that you are not hurt by darts. I'm ready to sacrifice my life for you”. He used his hand as a barrier between the Prophet (SAWS) and the darts. One of the darts penetrated his hand to the other side; Talha's hand became paralyzed while defending the Prophet (SAWS).

Abdullah Ibn-Jahsh (RA): Before heading to the battle, he sat with his friend making wishes. His friend said, “I wish to meet a man tomorrow from the disbelievers, one that is very strong. I fight him, he fights me, and then I kill him”. Ibn-Jahsh (RA) said, “As for me, I wish to meet a man tomorrow from the disbelievers, one that is very strong. I fight him, he fights me, and then I kill him. And then I meet a man from the disbelievers, one that is very strong. I fight him, he fights me, and then he kills me, stabs me in the stomach, mutilates my nose, and cuts my ear. I will come to Allah (SWT) in that form in the Day of Judgment and Allah (SWT) will ask for its cause. I will say, for You Allah”. Right here in this very place, Abdullah Ibn-Jahsh (RA) was found stabbed in the stomach, his nose mutilated and his ear cut off. Near him was one of the disbelievers killed. Allah (SWT) granted him (RA) his wish.
    Mashallah you know a lot. May Allah reward you.
    You now said three names of the 10 Sahabah who were promised Paradise before they die.... 'ashrah (meaning 10) mubashareen bilJannah:
    Abu-Bakr As-Sideeq
    Omar Ibn Al-Khattab
    Uthman Ibn 'afan
    Ali Ibn Abi Talib
    Talha Ibn 'ubaid-illah
    Az-Zobair Ibn Il'awam
    'Abdurrahman Ibn 'Awf (yay i have the same first name :bban:)
    Sa'd Ibn Abi Waqas
    Sa'eed Ibn Zaid
    Abu 'ubaidah Ibn Al-Jarraah

Yay I said all of them out of my head.
    The ones in bold are the one's you already mentioned.

Note: Their are also mubashirat biljannah (women who were promised Paradise) - I don't know their names nor how many they are how ignorant of me (please I am no sexist ). But I think Asma' Bint Zaid is one of them, right?

ReputationRep:
    Jafar ibn Abi Talib is the older brother of Ali, the cousin of the Prophet and the main man in Badr.

ReputationRep:
    Assalamualykum brothers and sisters
    Just got back from college

ReputationRep:
    W-Salam Rahmara!
    How are you?

ReputationRep:
    Abi Talib....such a great man

ReputationRep:
    And how was college?

That's all you can say in the matter? :p: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    W-Salam Rahmara!
    How are you?
    Alhamdulilah im very well thank you
    How about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    And how was college?
    College was good Got a new timetable, the usual stuff. Moved onto year 13

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.