Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Milli)
    To be realistic, if they are from two different countries then what are the possibilities that they will get married? They might be in love (even if it's through online) but sometimes you have to open your eyes and face reality. Harsh but true.

I agree with what SC said. If two people marry from different backgrounds then it's more likely it will be a succesful marriage. It would be nice to face different cultures and traditions.

Gamble 'everything' for love? :rolleyes:
    Its just a figure of speech :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    I read somewhere that our Beloved Muhammad (peace be upon him) said that if 2 people marry from widely different backgrounds, more likely it will be a succesful marriage...something along those lines
    oh really!!! cool

*runs to tell mom*

I bet the arabs deleted that from all their books!! nowadays they make it sound like its haram to marry someone who's from a different background

salams sketchy canvas(could you give me a shorter name to call you by:p: )

and salams everyone else!!!

Wa Alaikum Salaam tago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    Yeah its possibile My friends brother just got married with someone from Moroco :p:
    She can tell him she likes him but only if her intention is marriage, and maybe from there see what happens. If he feels the same and he might be willing to move over or sort something out?
    I read somewhere that our Beloved Muhammad (peace be upon him) said that if 2 people marry from widely different backgrounds, more likely it will be a succesful marriage...something along those lines

But it would be a gamble to the friendship if he doesn't feel the same, but from my favourite poet (Rumi) he says: Gamble everything for love!

Good luck
    Aaaah! Rumi! What a legend!

I thought the prophet said marry someone within and close! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i have a few questions also:

1. what are you suppose to do if you find out that part of your fathers money is haram?? this money offcource is being spent on you and the rest of the family...

2. you know how a females awra to another female is the belly button to the knees.....so what does one do when they are swimming with women and their clothes stick to their body and their figure(including thighs) shows??

3. Is going outside for fresh air and for exercise a good enough reason for a women to be out of the house??

4. Is it ok to hate one of your parents but to still respect them according to Islam??

sorry for the large number of questions!! I hope someone can answer them....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taqo)
    oh really!!! cool

*runs to tell mom*

I bet the arabs deleted that from all their books!! nowadays they make it sound like its haram to marry someone who's from a different background

salams sketchy canvas(could you give me a shorter name to call you by:p: )

and salams everyone else!!!
    :toofunny:

I am promised an arab! :p: or should i say i have hinted at my mama i would like an arab!

Call her Sis! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    Im doing alright, how you been?, what you been up to?
    I'm good alhamdulillah. Just back at 6th form! The daily grind, work boredom. The usual!

(Original post by Weird and Wonderful)
    I'm good alhamdulillah. Just back at 6th form! The daily grind, work boredom. The usual!
    Im starting uni on Monday, cant wiat

ReputationRep:
    meh, gotta enrol on wednesday, i really cant be asked to go ALLLLLLLLLLL to way to east london, such a drag!!

ReputationRep:
    I shall try ans anwser them....try being the main word!

1. what are you suppose to do if you find out that part of your fathers money is haram?? this money offcource is being spent on you and the rest of the family...
    I think one should rasie the problem with there parents and say that you think it wrong and against islam. But depending on circumstances the reason it is done can be very different. I really don't know how i would tell/ask my papa.

2. you know how a females awra to another female is the belly button to the knees.....so what does one do when they are swimming with women and their clothes stick to their body and their figure(including thighs) shows??
    Dont look. I think intent plays a big part. If you look by accident then it is excusable but if you look on purpose that is wrong and bad.

3. Is going outside for fresh air and for exercise a good enough reason for a women to be out of the house??
    I dont see why not. you think women are not allowed out all? :mad: :rolleyes: Explain this question further please...

4. Is it ok to hate one of your parents but to still respect them according to Islam??
    That is not possible you cannot hate and respect someone at the same time. Eventually one will out-weigh the other.

My question to you how can someone hate there parents? It is such a strong word. I mean you can have difference in opinions and stuff but HATE! :eek:

I tried. Obviously they are not that detailed as my knowledge i limited! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    Im starting uni on Monday, cant wiat
    Good luck Bro! :cool:

(Original post by TheInvincib49s)
    meh, gotta enrol on wednesday, i really cant be asked to go ALLLLLLLLLLL to way to east london, such a drag!!
    Good luck mate :yy:

Good luck Bro! :cool:
    Thanks dude

ReputationRep:
    ok, just been to the QM forum, there seems to be quiet alot of bad stuff being said about the mile end area, judging that ill have to train it everyday..............should i be worried?!?!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    i have a few questions also:

Speak to the father. If he refuses to listen...pursuade the rest of the family to boycott :p:

This is the 'first' time i've heard this. Are you sure it's true? Proof please

Women are prisoners! They must not leave the house! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You can't respect and hate someone at the same time. It's called being two faced. Acting one way but feeling another. It's not right.

ReputationRep:
    ok, just been to the QM forum, there seems to be quiet alot of bad stuff being said about the mile end area, judging that ill have to train it everyday..............should i be worried?!?!:eek:
    Be afraid be very afraid. :evil laugh: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Be afraid be very afraid. :evil laugh: :p:
    ah thanks, that makes me feel a whole lot better!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    ah thanks, that makes me feel a whole lot better!!!!!
    Dont be afrain dont be afraid at all. uney laugh: :p: :p:

ReputationRep:
    well im off now, bye everyone! a mans gotta eat

*pops outside to buy a bulletproof vest* LOL!!

well im off now, bye everyone! a mans gotta eat

*pops outside to buy a bulletproof vest* LOL!!
    Peace! :wavey:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.