The I-soc (Islamic Society) Watch

This discussion is closed.
taqo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by The Green Manalishi)
Yes, indeed. There was once a king of a land who came, in his high fashion clothes and everything, to see Abu Bakr (RA) - The khalifah at the time.

So he came and he saw Abu Bakr (RA) and the way in which he lived, simple and plain, cloth like the rest of the people... And he took off his clothes, bought new ones (cheap and harder ones) and said he was now gonna follow Zuhud (austerity). Is that word Zuhud right? Not sure as i don't speak arabic...

So the point i'm making is that the Sahabah (RA) and part of their Dawah was just living according to Islam, as the proper lifestyle of Islam is so beautiful i think people will just be drawn to it Alhamdulillah...

And if this was the Sahabah (RA) then one can imagine the etiquette and manners of Rasoolullah (SAW)
i read somewhere that a women converted to Islam just because she saw on television another women in Iraq(i think) covering up a little hole in the ground so that people dont trip when their walking
and a lot of other stories also in the west......its because their brains are so full of "muslims are bad", when they see us acting with good manners they start thinking about what they have been feed and taught all those years and then they start searching and Allah guides whoever He wants to the straight path

ayaz, the only places i've seen is the western and arab world, so i would only know about arabs
The Green Manalishi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by taqo)
ayaz, the only places i've seen is the western and arab world, so i would only know about arabs
Come visit me in Sri Lanka sometime :p: You and Muhiba can plan a roadtrip haha!
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What about me?
No thank yous, bro! :p:
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well, taqo, I'll let you off the hook then! :p:
How about coming to Holland?
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh, and Wa-alikum As-Salam Wa-Rahmat Allah Wa-Barakatu, Rashid!
May your alien kids be greener than green!
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Or greener than your gems!
gemgems89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by A Y A Z)
Beware of the following websites:

1.www.answeringislam.org

2. www.aboutislam.com

3. www.thequran.com

4. www.allahassurance.com

These sites have been developed by the Jews who intentionally spread wrong information about the QURAN , the HADITH and the Islam
Made by Jews? Yeah, because Jews REALLY have an interest in spreading the wrong information about Islam, don't they?! I am ashamed you could even believe such a lie. Two of the sites don't even work. You really are paranoid if you think Jews would intentionally go out of their ways to show up Islam. Or maybe you're saying that in an attempt to show up Jews. :rolleyes:
Longshoredrift80
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Heh, I'm just amused at:
1) The reflexively anti-Jewish attitude, and,
2) The fact that no other Muslim has called him on it.
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's not an attack at you Gemma, or any Jew :p:. I just posted what I found 'IN MY INBOX'
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If anyone minds, I'll remove the post. Although I posted it in the ISOC, and didn't attack anyone of you :rolleyes:
Bismarck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by A Y A Z)
Beware of the following websites:

1.www.answeringislam.org

2. www.aboutislam.com

3. www.thequran.com

4. www.allahassurance.com

These sites have been developed by the Jews who intentionally spread wrong information about the QURAN , the HADITH and the Islam
Out of curiosity, why aren't the moderate Muslims here taking offense at this blatant display of anti-Semitism?
Longshoredrift80
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You just accused "Jews" of deliberately creating false websites to defame your religion and you don't think that amounts to an "attack" on "any Jew"? I'd say it amounts to a pretty vicious slander of just about every Jew. And posting it in ISOC is no excuse - it's not like such hideous attitudes and slanders are acceptable simply because you're in a part of the forum that not many non-Muslims would usually read.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by JonathanH)
Heh, I'm just amused at:
1) The reflexively anti-Jewish attitude, and,
2) The fact that no other Muslim has called him on it.
I didn't even read the paragraph as i thought i'd got the same email, mine didn't mention anything about Jews (or at least i don't think so)
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Like I said, if you want me to remove it, THEN TELL ME SO!
Longshoredrift80
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Our problem, fundamentally, is that you'll happily post such things in the first place.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...4041229AAHWwo9
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I didn't even read the paragraph as i thought i'd got the same email, mine didn't mention anything about Jews (or at least i don't think so)
You might want to read more carefully:

Odd that people who take offense to the tiniest insult against their religion are so willing to tolerate blatant insults against other religions.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Bismarck)
You might want to read more carefully:

Odd that people who take offense to the tiniest insult against their religion are so willing to tolerate blatant insults against other religions.
See the link i posted above, i read that paragraph only after Gemma's original post.
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
See the link i posted above, i read that paragraph only after Gemma's original post.
And you actually believe that? It's posted by another anti-Semitic lunatic. Does a Muslim saying something automatically make it true?
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Bismarck)
And you actually believe that? It's posted by another anti-Semitic lunatic. Does a Muslim saying something automatically make it true?
That's a muslim? Oh well... Sorry i guess it was untrue.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (98)
25.52%
No (286)
74.48%

Watched Threads