Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil-Tuna)
    Praise be.

Ok, I'll watch how I word my jokey stuff in future. And if in doubt, I wont post it. That seems the safer option.
    No; usually I'm quite happy to take the mick out of myself/my religion, etc but I think the timing was rather wrong in this instance.

ReputationRep:
    What a lovely time to return to the ISOC

Regarding Ayaz's post - Gemma, I would like to apologise about this, as I can see where your coming from. However, also realise that Ayaz just posted that from another email or something, and so its not our words. However, I apologise for the misinformation and if it offended you.

But seriously guys, we need to stop all this rubbish between Muslims and Jews. The divide is silly, and we need to work together and be tolerant of one another, so can we stop this, and all be friends.

Also, can I just say, anti-semitism is not just the hatred of Jews, but also of Arabs. K just wanted to point that out, because a lot of people use it in the wrong way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_one)
    What a lovely time to return to the ISOC

Regarding Ayaz's post - Gemma, I would like to apologise about this, as I can see where your coming from. However, also realise that Ayaz just posted that from another email or something, and so its not our words. However, I apologise for the misinformation and if it offended you.

But seriously guys, we need to stop all this rubbish between Muslims and Jews. The divide is silly, and we need to work together and be tolerant of one another, so can we stop this, and all be friends.

Also, can I just say, anti-semitism is not just the hatred of Jews, but also of Arabs. K just wanted to point that out, because a lot of people use it in the wrong way.
    Yeah - thanks, I really appreciate it.

What a nice post to see and I fully agree. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_one)
    No. Whilst technically it may refer to all "semitic" peoples, which would include Arabs, in common usage today it is used almost universally as a synonym for "anti-Jewish". And I find that the only time anyone ever brings up the Arab connection is when they say something anti-Jewish, are accused of anti-semitism and need a ridiculous and transparent excuse to get them out of it. It's a tactic based on pedantic semantics.

(Original post by gemgems89)
    Yeah - thanks, I really appreciate it.

What a nice post to see and I fully agree. :yy:
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    No; usually I'm quite happy to take the mick out of myself/my religion, etc but I think the timing was rather wrong in this instance.
    No? Oh, Gemma, dont be so negative. The overall feeling I got with the ''implicit hatred'' problem was that you felt my wording wasnt spot on. Why else pick up on my language use? You had the prob with 3rd person, even though i see people use 3rd person on threads all the time. It almost becomes automatic on a thread due to the nature of it.

The timing was perfect. But you may disagree. Why else would I ask why have only a few members started pointing at this point in time, if the timing is off. Woah, thats seriously confusing stuff there Gems.

Anyway, I shall keep to my word (excuse the pun) and watch how I choose to use my satire.

ReputationRep:
    No? Oh, Gemma, dont be so negative. The overall feeling I got with the ''implicit hatred'' problem was that you felt my wording wasnt spot on. Why else pick up on my language use? You had the prob with 3rd person, even though i see people use 3rd person on threads all the time. It almost becomes automatic on a thread due to the nature of it.

The timing was perfect. But you may disagree. Why else would I ask why have only a few members started pointing at this point in time, if the timing is off. Woah, thats seriously confusing stuff there Gems.

Anyway, I shall keep to my word (excuse the pun) and watch how I choose to use my satire.

Well it wasn't. This was beyond taking the mick. I personally got the impression that it had more than subtle hint of (ok maybe hatred is a bit too strong a word) contempt and hostility. That's just how I looked at it, as if you had a grudge or something. I thought we'd stopped discussing this now anyway?

No, there's nothing usually wrong with 3rd person but it was the way you were all teaming up against us speaking about J-Soc in 3rd person as if none of us were actually reading the thread. Especially Farhan.

Like I said, I usually don't mind but I think this instance wasn't the right timing purely because of the offensive post by A Y A Z.

Aww, aint that lovely, the Jsoc bunch have been scanning isoc. I can feel the love.

Why do Muslims post in the jewish society but Jews only post in the Islamic society when they want to launch a mass assault on Ayaz or whatever? Thats so sweet isnt it.

Anyway, I havent posted in here for a while. But i posted because of Rafael in the first place. Where is he?
    Here i am :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone over reacting? Calm down.

(Original post by Milli)
    Why is everyone over reacting? Calm down.
    Its all finito now love, dont worry about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    Its all finito now love, dont worry about it
    Yeah, i've been reading the previous posts....what an argument! :p: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The new AMERICAN Quran: A dangerous trick..
    I would personally call it: an expectedly failing and pathetic attempt. They might have succeeded in having a translation with similar style... but when I read the arabic text... i feel like :rofl:

Who hates Arabs? :mad:

(Original post by o0MorseyMan0o)
    Who hates Arabs? :mad:
    no one mate.....

ReputationRep:
    Well it wasn't. This was beyond taking the mick. I personally got the impression that it had more than subtle hint of (ok maybe hatred is a bit too strong a word) contempt and hostility. That's just how I looked at it, as if you had a grudge or something. I thought we'd stopped discussing this now anyway?

No, there's nothing usually wrong with 3rd person but it was the way you were all teaming up against us speaking about J-Soc in 3rd person as if none of us were actually reading the thread. Especially Farhan.

Like I said, I usually don't mind but I think this instance wasn't the right timing purely because of the offensive post by A Y A Z.
    That's what I thought, until someone called gemgems89 decided to challenge a point hence, opening up the discussion once again. Even though I was told to kiss and make up? :p:

I can tell you now, that I have no grudge at all. So JSoc can sleep easy tonight. :p: And in using 3rd person I had no intention of teaming up against you.

I explained I dont agree with ayaz, so its clear I didnt time it to hit you where it hurts the most of something silly like that.

But you are right when you say its the end of the discussion. It's quite clear that no-one upholds what ayaz said, so we should end it here and wipe the slate clean.

No more ''no i dont think.. etc'' lets just say that there was misunderstanding here and that we'll try to avoid this in future. Seems the most sensible way to proceed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taqo)
    I dont think i've ever heard an islamic tape or a lecture on manners.
    I don't know about you... but I have... many times.
    And yes many characters of Muslims are of those two types... either bad-mannered but religious or good-mannered but not religious.

Hey taqo, I am from the Arab world .... So do you see me as one of those two types?

Don't generalise, not everyone is like that.. however there ARE many who are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    Here i am :hugs:
    Yay! :hugs: Check pm!

ReputationRep:
    OMG I am amazed at how jews in TSR feel insulted by the 4 websites thing, you have the right to do so. But I would like to point out that you should consider the same for Muslims who are given false accusations and insults daily.

And what if the websites happen to be created by Jews? I am not saying it is.... but what if it is true? That doesnt mean that all Jews have the same intensions. If you feel insulted by that then feel for Muslims who get direct insults. For example Bismarck calling me a terrorist, and JonH calling me a terrorist-lover and a liar. If you don't think these are insults then I don't know what to say.

And besides, don't you think the Muslims would feel attacked by knowing that there are deliberately misleading anti-islamist websites which try to fool one to think they aren't anti-islamic?

I respect you for defending your religion immediately. So please feel the same for us too

ReputationRep:
    salam everyone

WOW
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    lmao i love the isoc

ReputationRep:
    check your cp morsey

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.