The I-soc (Islamic Society) Watch

This discussion is closed.
The Green Manalishi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by -Ayesha-)
Oh cool.............but then again, how much could you write on that: 'The heart has matters the mind will never know?'
Loads if you actually wanted to get into it i guess. And anyway max word limit was 1500 words i think, which is nothing :p:
rahmara
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hamza09)
OK
i meant normally font size bro
WaW™
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
heart and mind will never agree on a dear matter, just like the sky and earth will never meet.
hamza09
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Weird and Wonderful)
your right! then how can you chuck Zidane in jail he was obviously provoked in some way! :rolleyes:
video evedince, and so many other people were also watching the game they never herd what materrazi said but they did see zidane headbutting
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rahmara)
well, a person is guilty beyond reasonable doubt i think
court room continues for tomorrow
They can't hold someone as convicted without a crime. Proof beyond a reasonable doubt is needed. If no one admits then i hardly believe it'll hold in court.
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Weird and Wonderful)
:ciao:
cya later brother kamran
:ciao:
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by The Green Manalishi)
No chance, I still think what Zidane did was wrong, it's a sports field and he should've controlled his anger. He should have maintained dignity while on the pitch and put the team ahead of his own personal anger...

That being said, he is human and all but in sports, lots of people chirp and say bad stuff. He should've taken it in his stride...
I absolutely disagree. If someone insulted my family/religion/background...i wouldn't just ignore it for the sake of my team. I think Zidane's headbutt was nothing....he should have hit him harder.
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
video evedince, and so many other people were also watching the game they never herd what materrazi said but they did see zidane headbutting
ahem id like to make a correction please
there is evidence because i read in the sun newspaper that, they actually brought in an italian transalator to hear what materazzi said and... he said some very mean and insullting things:mad:
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I absolutely disagree. If someone insulted my family/religion/background...i wouldn't just ignore it for the sake of my team. I think Zidane's headbutt was nothing....he should have hit him harder.
:congrats:
definitely
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
On a sports pitch? A muslim should be able to control his anger, not only for the sake of the world cup/ team. People chirp on cricket fields all the time, you don't see batsmen hitting wicket-keepers and chucking wickets at the bowler do you...

It was completely unwarranted. People insulted the Prophet (SAW) such that some used to put the intestines of camels (i think) on his back while in sujood, did he whack them? No. That's good enough for me.
WaW™
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i guess you have interviewed all the player on the pitch then? and did you not see him pinch zidane in the first place? i dont think what Zidane done was right i'm just trying to see the story from two perspectives! and maerrazi also comes with a reputation where he winds ppl up and is very rash whereas Zizou is one of the greatest players ever!
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
On a sports pitch? A muslim should be able to control his anger, not only for the sake of the world cup/ team. People chirp on cricket fields all the time, you don't see batsmen hitting wicket-keepers and chucking wickets at the bowler do you...
:ditto: :yy:
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
can someone please tell hamza to change his font to normal....he doesnt seem to wann listen to me
mizfissy815
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My point is zidane is a thug and should go to jail for the headbuttttttttttt
It was one incident. He can hardly be called a thug. He probably had a strong reason to do it…however, he should have controlled his temper.

Anyway that doesn’t change the fact that he was the best player in the entire world cup….he could beat any of the Italian team members easily.

The France vs Brazil match was definitely the best of the entire WC.
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sake of the world cup? I'm amazed how people could take things like this very serious. It's 'only' a game. This man (zidane) was in the pitch for nearly an hour...he was tired and annoyed. Materazzi..then comes along..and insults his family and his roots.....and you think he 'should've taken it in his stride?'......It's easier said than done.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mizfissy815)
It was one incident. He can hardly be called a thug. He probably had a strong reason to do it…however, he should have controlled his temper.
Agreed, i was appauled at the incident actually. Although i do sympathise with him for what was said and his circumstance. I still don't think he should have acted the way he did though.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sake of the world cup? I'm amazed how people could take things like this very serious. It's 'only' a game. This man (zidane) was in the pitch for nearly an hour...he was tired and annoyed. Materazzi..then comes along..and insults his family and his roots.....and you think he 'should've taken it in his stride?'......It's easier said than done.
I said NOT only for the sake of the WC. Which part didn't you understand? People have been persecuted their whole lives for being who they are and doing what they do. Do they all turn around and clap the crap out of those doing the insulting? No.

I also thought it wasn't a befitting way to end such a great career and legacy. He was respected by many and this would be a slight blemish to some. I fully sympathise with him, but i don't agree with what he did. I didn't think it was a professional and right way to act. Prophet Muhammed (SAW) was hammered, insulted and hurt by people alot (see Ta'if incidents if you like)

It's not easy to control such anger and just thinking about the hurt and pain that would go through this man at such a time, i can fully understand his actions, but i don't condone them as i thought they were inappropriate. I should know, i mean... I've seen people with my own eyes being mistreated due to simple skin colour. It hurts, and it's a terrible phenomenon but we all have to get passed it without plainly resorting to violence.

I also believe that in due time Allah (swt) will punish those whom he deems fit. Also, i would have preferred if Zidane had kept his head and played out the entire match and then gone to complain/ play hell with the FIFA officials.
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I said NOT only for the sake of the WC. Which part didn't you understand? People have been persecuted their whole lives for being who they are and doing what they do. Do they all turn around and clap the crap out of those doing the insulting? No.
I understand everything you said. What Zidane did was no way near being extreme. It all depends on personal opinion...you would have probably accepted the fact that someone was insulting your family....infact you'd most likely just ignore it and act like nothing had happened. Zidane could have dealed with this in three ways: he could've spoken to the guy (obviously they had no time, since they were on the pitch)...2nd..he could have ignored him (which not only would make him feel like crap afterwards but would also damage his pride).....and thirdly...he could have headbutted him (not killed him...or severely damaged him..but enough to hurt him) and then later feel good about it.

I would...if faced in that situation...choose option 3.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I understand everything you said. What Zidane did was no way near being extreme. It all depends on personal opinion...you would have probably accepted the fact that someone was insulting your family....infact you'd most likely just ignore it and act like nothing had happened. Zidane could have dealed with this in three ways: he could've spoken to the guy (obviously they had no time, since they were on the pitch)...2nd..he could have ignored him (which not only would make him feel like crap afterwards but would also damage his pride).....and thirdly...he could have headbutted him (not killed him...or severely damaged him..but enough to hurt him) and then later feel good about it.

I would...if faced in that situation...choose option 3.
Firstly, why only 3 options? See my above editted post. Indeed this is where personal opinion comes in, and to my mind self-conduct of a muslim. Call me cowardly if you like...
I would've chosen option 1, had time permitted or even spoken to him after the match. Or 2, for the time being and made my complaints later.
I don't think physical violence was warranted. At least not on the pitch, and not at such a time. Personal opinion and i'll leave it there.
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Firstly, why only 3 options? See my above editted post. Indeed this is where personal opinion comes in.

I would've chosen option 1, had time permitted or even spoken to him after the match. Or 2, for the time being and made my complaints later.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I still stick with option 3.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (257)
27%
No (695)
73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed