Turn on thread page Beta

The I-soc (Islamic Society) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    Well for starters not everything written in every Islamic book is true.

Secondly, there is hadith and there is history. The subject matter of Aisha's age is a matter of history not of hadith. The history books, most notable amongst them Seerat Ibn Hishaam, one of the earliest historians of Islam, that Aisha was a young girl when Abu Bakr became a Muslim. Everyone knows that Abu Bakr was amongst the earliest Muslims and so if Aisha was a young girl then, it doesn't make sense for her to be 6 or 9 at the time of the marriage to the Prophet which happened in Madina.

In addition, if you note, all the wives of the Prophet were the ones who wanted to get married to the prophet starting from Khadija to the last one. Not a single time did the Prophet actually say that he wanted to get married to X. Which throws the stupid theory that the Prophet was (naudhobillah) a sex addict out of the window. (As well as the fact that all through his youthful years he had only one wife - Khadijah - and it was only when she passed away that he married others in old age).

Very interesting. But then again, it's widely accepted that Aisha couldn't have been more than 10 when she married.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Socrates. The Propher never would have put forward that he wanted to 'marry some girl/woman'.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, however, what Aisha's age was when she got married to the Prophet. All I have learned is that she was young; you're young when you're 6, 9, 13 or even 15!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    I agree with Socrates. The Propher never would have put forward that he wanted to 'marry some girl/woman'.
    So he basically married anyone who wanted to marry him...?

ReputationRep:
    No I won't think that way.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm simply asking.

ReputationRep:
    It would be better if one of us asks some one learned instead of trying to speculate ourselves!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conservativebohemian)
    So he basically married anyone who wanted to marry him...?
    He married women who other people were not marrying. (Almost all of his wives were widows or divorced).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    I just asked my Dad to remind me and it's called Stratford Marqaz :cool:

Where is Masjid-e-Umar.. ?
    I probably confused it with some other mosque.

ReputationRep:
    As-Salam alikum all, Milli!

ReputationRep:
    As-Salam alikum all, Milli!
    Wa alaikum Salaams Ayaz

ReputationRep:
    Any topics?

ReputationRep:
    Any topics?
    I was about to ask you the same thing.

Right, i have one. In London I've come across some Muslim women wearing an abayah and over the abayah they have a very 'long' scarf...up to their knees. I was wondering what you call this? Any idea?

ReputationRep:
    Well, contrary to my expertise in women attire, movements, and specially abayahs, I can not pin point the exact name of the 'veil'.

(That was SARCASM! :p:)
    Hey, how many points away are you from your first shiny?

ReputationRep:
    Well, contrary to my expertise in women attire, movements, and specially abayahs, I can not pin point the exact name of the 'veil'.

(That was SARCASM! :p:)
    Hey, how many points away are you from your first shiny?
    From all people I would have thought you'd know the answer to this question Ayaz :cool:

*Waits for Muhiba to come and answer her question* :rolleyes:

I believe i'm one gem away from a shiny. I'm not sure how many 'points.' I don't really care either.

ReputationRep:
    But how many points?
    I DO know a lot thank you :cool:, but nothing about the ABAYAH :p:

ReputationRep:
    I know its gonna be hard for you, but you have to listen to this. Sit down.. here have this glass of water.. The thing I want you to tell is... Well...

*dramatic music plays*

I DON'T WEAR AN ABAYAH! :eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3:

ReputationRep:
    But how many points?
    I DO know a lot thank you :cool:, but nothing about the ABAYAH :p:
    You. Know. Alot. About. Women? Hah!!!

I'm not sure how many points exactly. Haven't checked.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

You doubt my extensive research? Bring it on :cool: :p:

ReputationRep:
    I know its gonna be hard for you, but you have to listen to this. Sit down.. here have this glass of water.. The thing I want you to tell is... Well...

*dramatic music plays*

I DON'T WEAR AN ABAYAH! :eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3:
    *Faints*

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.