?
Report 12 years ago
cheerios rana - thats a nice name
A Y A Z
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Only MUSLIMS may enter the gates of Heaven. If there is some deed that people from other religions have performed that Allah likes, He will reward them in this life itself!
I remember reading this: 'Once the Hell and the Heaven will be filled with people, the Prophet will look at the people of Heaven and see that only a quarter of Heaven will be filled with Muslims. Then he will survery Hell and will be disappointed to find that it will be overflowing with people; with Muslims. There upon he will intercede with Allah and pray that He forgive them and admit them to Jannah. Allah will listen to his prayer and admit people to Jannah. Again the Prophet will analyse and compare the people in Jannah with the people in Hell. Again, he will be saddened because Hell would be overflowing with his Ummah. He will again pray to Allah and ask him to forgive his people. Allah will, and more people will admited to Paradise. This will be done to the point where not a single Muslims who has recited the Kalma even once with a pure heart is left in Hell. Again the Prophet will intercede on behalf of the disbelievers. He will tell Allah that they too, are His people, and they too believed in One god. But Allah will not listen to the Prophet this time. Instead He will say: I have granted you what you asked for. The matter of the rest (the people other than the Ummah) shall be left upon Me.'
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
How thankful we should be too the Prophet. Can we not just take a minute off to send Dar'ud to him?
It comes in a Hadith: 'Send Dar'ud upon me and Allah shall reward you with 10 good deeds, erase 10 of your sins and raise you 10 places*'

*This implies that we will be ten places in the eyes of Allah. Ten places closer to where we had been earlier.
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I swear it i heard it somewhere either on islamic channel or my translation of the quran.
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by A Y A Z)
Only MUSLIMS may enter the gates of Heaven. If there is some deed that people from other religions have performed that Allah likes, He will reward them in this life itself!
I remember reading this: 'Once the Hell and the Heaven will be filled with people, the Prophet will look at the people of Heaven and see that only a quarter of Heaven will be filled with Muslims. Then he will survery Hell and will be disappointed to find that it will be overflowing with people; with Muslims. There upon he will intercede with Allah and pray that He forgive them and admit them to Jannah. Allah will listen to his prayer and admit people to Jannah. Again the Prophet will analyse and compare the people in Jannah with the people in Hell. Again, he will be saddened because Hell would be overflowing with his Ummah. He will again pray to Allah and ask him to forgive his people. Allah will, and more people will admited to Paradise. This will be done to the point where not a single Muslims who has recited the Kalma even once with a pure heart is left in Hell. Again the Prophet will intercede on behalf of the disbelievers. He will tell Allah that they too, are His people, and they too believed in One god. But Allah will not listen to the Prophet this time. Instead He will say: I have granted you what you asked for. The matter of the rest (the people other than the Ummah) shall be left upon Me.'
Thanks for that mate!
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
will all non-Muslims end up in hell?
Date: March 22, 2003 | 17 Muharram 1424 Hijriah
Blog: veiled4allah
Subjects: fiqh, islam, reallysays
Most non-Muslims would say that according to Islam the answer is yes. Many Muslims would say so as well. But the correct answer is not necessarily.

According to actual Islamic teachings, a person who has been given a true and complete understanding of the basics of Islam and knowingly rejects it, then dies without repenting, is destined for hell.

But a person who has not received a true and complete understanding of the basics of Islam will be tested on Judgment Day. If they disobey God and fail the test, then they will go on to hell. On the other hand, if they obey God and pass the test, they will enter Paradise.

Notice the phrase "true and complete understanding of the basics". This applies not only to people who lived before the coming of Islam and people who have never heard of it at all, but also to people who may have heard about it but what they learned was not correct or was not enough information for them to understand the basis of the religion or to make a proper judgment of it.

Those who have faith in God will be rewarded, even if they didn't convert to Islam, as long the reason they didn't convert is that they never received a true and complete understanding of the basics of Islam, and as long as they obeyed what did come to them from God.

This is the meaning of the following passage from the Quran:

Surely those who have faith and the Jews and the Christians and the Sabaeans - whoever has faith in God and the Last Day and does good deeds - indeed their reward is with their Lord and they will neither fear nor grieve
This is Surah al-Baqarat verse 62, and Surah al-Ma'ida verse 69 is nearly identical in wording.

Here is conservative Saudi scholar Shaykh Muhammad al-Munajjid saying the same thing.

~ Posted by Al-Muhajabah, a member of the reality-based community, at 04:36 AM
i found that just then on a website, i googled, but ye i think i heard that verse in my translation of the quran
Milli
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by A Y A Z)
tell me all the Islamic months in order.
And please, tell me out of MEMORY! Don't Google it :p:
Let me try. I’m sure most of them are wrong

Muharrem
Safer
Rabbi al awal
Rabi’ Athani
Jumatha al uwla
Jumatha al thani
Rajeb
Shabaan
Ramazan
Shawwal
Dhul Hijjah
Dhul Qidah

(Original post by .S.O.S.)
Did you hear on the news...some important guy was asking muslim parents to keep an eye on their kids, to look for tell tale signs of extremisim and terrorism, and to report it i guess....if its noticed. 0_o. what are your thoughts.
John Reid
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
whats kalma? and whats dur'ud...same thing as dua?

hello milli
~ABR~
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
And I would like to point out that Muslims were from Adam until now. Islam literally means the surrender to One and Only One God... All of the Messengers of God and Anbiya` followed the same and were asking their tribes to follow the same.
62. Lo! Those who believe (in that which is revealed unto thee, Muhammad), and those who are Jews, and Christians, and Sabaeans - whoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.
-Qur'an Surah Al-Baqarah

EDIT: the sheikh that Belle quoted explains this ayah

Dar'ud??? Do you mean the salat (not literally meaning worship/prayer in this context) on the Prophet (PBUH)

Saying: "Allahumma Sali 'ala sayidina Muhammad" ?
mizfissy815
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
From all people I would have thought you'd know the answer to this question Ayaz :cool:

*Waits for Muhiba to come and answer her question* :rolleyes:

I believe i'm one gem away from a shiny. I'm not sure how many 'points.' I don't really care either.
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?
Anyway, it's known as a Khimaar.
mizfissy815
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by o0MorseyMan0o)
And I would like to point out that Muslims were from Adam until now. Islam literally means the surrender to One and Only One God... All of the Messengers of God and Anbiya` followed the same and were asking their tribes to follow the same.
-Qur'an Surah Al-Baqarah

I heard that this meant the Jews who believed in the correct unforged Torah who were before Jesus Christ (PBUH)'s relevation, and Christians who believed in the correct unforged Gospel who were before Muhammad (PBUH)'s relevations... all are admitted to Paradise.

There's more stuff about this topic I think I am missing .
That's what I've been taught too. For those in this day and age, the post SOS made basically sums up the belief of many scholars.
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mizfissy815)
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?
Anyway, it's known as a Khimaar.
Not at all. The 'rolleyes' was intended at Ayaz. I actually was curious about the answer and assumed you’d know it.
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by o0MorseyMan0o)
-Qur'an Surah Al-Baqarah

EDIT: the sheikh that Belle quoted explains this ayah

Dar'ud??? Do you mean the salat (not literally meaning worship/prayer in this context) on the Prophet (PBUH)

Saying: "Allahumma Sali 'ala sayidina Muhammad" ?
I know that one!
Ronaldo9
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
hmm piety
mizfissy815
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
Not at all. The 'rolleyes' was intended at Ayaz. I actually was curious about the answer and assumed you’d know it.
:p: oops.
I only found out a couple of days ago. It seems as though it's very common in Somalia...felt like the odd one out with my abaya.
Oh the thing under the Khimar is not a abaya...just a long matching skirt.
~ABR~
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by .S.O.S.)
I know that one!
Mawlana is said to Allah (Subhanahu wata'alah). "Waliyona wa mawlana." ..... Al-Mawla 'azza wajal. Mawlana means our Mawla.... Allah
taqo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
assalamu alaikum everyone!!

i was looking through 'the sealed nectar' which is a first prize winner of the biography of the Prophet(SAW) and it says that he concluded a marriage contract with Aishah(RA) when she was 6 and consummated his marriage with her in Shawwal, the year 1 A.H. in madinah when she was 9.

Ayaz, thanks so much for that story u posted a few pages ago!!! it was really nice mashAllah.

Muhiba!!!! i will kill youuuuuu!!!!
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mizfissy815)
:p: oops.
I only found out a couple of days ago. It seems as though it's very common in Somalia...felt like the odd one out with my abaya.
Oh the thing under the Khimar is not a abaya...just a long matching skirt.
:p:

Yeah most Somalian sisters at my college wear it. I too felt the odd one out I wanted to approach and ask one of them but thought they'd take it the wrong way.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo9)
hmm piety
Hello there

Assalamu Alaikum members of the ISOC!!! InshaAllah you're fine!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (182)
18.86%
No (582)
60.31%
Not really bothered about them (201)
20.83%

Watched Threads