Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    Muslims feel under attack at the moment. Can one blame them, when you look at what happened in Lebanon, Iraq or the actions of Western imperialism over the last 50 years? Even though the West are not blowing things up, they simply use bloodless politics to assert their dogma on others.

Religious extremism arises from many sources; it is not something that is inherent within religion. When we have justice in the Middle East, most of the present Islamic extremism will disappear.

You mentioned the Pope’s speech wasn’t anything to get angry at. ?????????!! What? His mistake was to point out the violence of others (at a bad time) failing to see that he sticks his nose in politics and governments as well. If he truly had human interest in mind he'd make it clear that his religion is his and his opinions are his.

In your post you made it seem like all Muslim societies are inclined to the, "punch first ask questions later" mindset. There are many educated Muslims in the United Kingdom who believe in protesting peacefully….educating others about Islam…BUT at the same time defending their rights as a Muslim…as a human being. Do you expect them to stay quiet?

Posting a separate thread and complaining about current Muslims in the United Kingdom, furthermore stating how embarrassed you feel….in my opinion is absolutely ridiculous!
    nice post milli mashAllah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazzy05)

He was teaching byzantinian theology at the time. These things come up. Why can we not understand that? He did say "and I quote" twice. Hence implying that the thoughts were not his.
    Farhan just recently sent me this website. Have a read. http://www.khilafah.com/home/categor...=13883&TagID=2.

Muslim societies at the moment do seems to punch first and ask questions later. Why were they burning churches? Why was a nun murdered? Of course we have rights, I never said we don't. But we must also respect the rights of others who haven't done anything wrong. There haven't been violent protests in the UK, but there have elsewhere e.g. India. What will they acheive?.
    It's a shame the Western world doesn't share those views. Why not make a separate thread criticizing the British and Americans? Rather then doing that, you make a thread actually complimenting the British...making it seems like WE are the lucky ones...and that we actually owe them something.

Like i mentioned in another thread. If the British and the Americans started to live up to their stated ideals and if they made an effort to make life better for people in Muslim countries by putting pressure on their governments (or just left them alone 'for once'), instead of launching precision guided weapons at them and destroying their countries...everyone might see more positive pronouncements coming from local leaders.

Why is it ridiculous? I am embarrassed. The way some muslims are acting is embarrassing. Why are they killing innocents in the UK? Do you not find that they are linked to you in faith embarrasing? I don't want to be associated with those muslim brothers.
    I'm surprised that you’re STILL questioning the ridiculousness of the thread! I'm embarrassed to be part American/English. That's what I find upsetting. I don't agree with the killings in the UK. Your post in the D&D forum was not referring to the suicide attacks but ANY Muslim who disagrees with John Blein and Reid. Muslim brothers in the UK feel that their culture and their nations are under attack. This is why we have people disagreeing with the Pope and protesting. Is it so difficult for you to imagine why they might think that? Is it not possible for u to separate their feelings as human beings from their religion?

We must establish alternative options for young Muslims. I believe everyone should get together and interact as PEOPLE, not as “Muslims” or “Christians” or “Jews” or any other distinction. We must be able to bridge cultural differences by connecting to people at a human level. Rather than doing that…we have Reid telling parents to spy on their children….the pope criticising our Prophet (PBUH)……and the government favouring one religion over another.

I'm off. I'm surprised that many members of ISOC don't share these views. I'm even more surprised that they haven't said anything in regards to your post. Assalamun Alaikum.

ReputationRep:
    The most fundamental things which the prophet (SAWS) used to focus on in Ramadan were:

1- Praying the five daily prayers jamaa, (in congregation).
    2- Keeping family ties or filial piety.
    3- Daily charity.
    4- A special daily prayer(dua’a), specifically to be saved from Hellfire and to instigate the revival of our nation.
    5- Reading the entire Qur’an.
    6- Taking a positive action every day (like guiding someone to the straight path or helping the society).

Attached is a Ramadan Table to help us all inshAllah

p.s. you better see it, because i spend, literally, an hour trying to attach it with my messed up internet:mad: :p:

p.s. RAMADAN KAREEM/BUBARAK!!!!
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc Ramadan table.doc (67.5 KB, 79 views)

ReputationRep:
    Salams everyone!!! gotta go now.....

will pray for u all at the Haraam inshAllah!! dont forget me in your prayers either!!!

take care

ReputationRep:
    Thank you taqo for that attachment
    Thoughtful of you.

ReputationRep:
    Jazakullah khair taqo.... May Allah accept your great deeds. Very thoughtful indeed.

I have a feeling its Amr Khaled's idea... because, May Allah reward him with Paradise, he always comes up with such thoughtful ideas and tables. Even though, you came here and posted it... so jazakullah khair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    Farhan just recently sent me this website. Have a read. http://www.khilafah.com/home/categor...=13883&TagID=2.
    I don't care about the pope's history. What his said was inappropriate but some muslims reacted even more inappropriately. He says something and some muslim somewhere decides to murder a nun...justified...sure.:rolleyes:

(Original post by Milli)
    It's a shame the Western world doesn't share those views. Why not make a separate thread criticizing the British and Americans? Rather then doing that, you make a thread actually complimenting the British...making it seems like WE are the lucky ones...and that we actually owe them something.
    The British have done wonders for muslims living here. We can practise our faith without fear of persecution and without having to remove our hijaab to be educated. If my family were still in Iraq, it's highly likely we'd have been killed now for being shia. But then again the have screwed up overseas too, I didn't say they were perfect. Its people who live here and resort to violence and terrorism against this country that really get to me. These people need to be educated, not by the government, but by us. We should teach them the right way in islam.

(Original post by Milli)
    Like i mentioned in another thread. If the British and the Americans started to live up to their stated ideals and if they made an effort to make life better for people in Muslim countries by putting pressure on their governments (or just left them alone 'for once'), instead of launching precision guided weapons at them and destroying their countries...everyone might see more positive pronouncements coming from local leaders.
    again, didn'tsay their foreign policy was great. I'm talking about people here in the UK.

(Original post by Milli)
    I'm surprised that you’re STILL questioning the ridiculousness of the thread! I'm embarrassed to be part American/English. That's what I find upsetting. I don't agree with the killings in the UK. Your post in the D&D forum was not referring to the suicide attacks but ANY Muslim who disagrees with John Blein and Reid. Muslim brothers in the UK feel that their culture and their nations are under attack. This is why we have people disagreeing with the Pope and protesting. Is it so difficult for you to imagine why they might think that? Is it not possible for u to separate their feelings as human beings from their religion?
    As muslims we have to control our human feeling. If we acted upon every instinct we'd be into haraam now. Likewise, these muslims must follow the example of the prophet (saws) and instead of resorting to violence, because it's instinctive, try peaceful rational dicussion. The guy who was heckling Reid was making fun and joking about the 9/11 attacks. That isn't human feeling. That's sick.

(Original post by Milli)
    We must establish alternative options for young Muslims. I believe everyone should get together and interact as PEOPLE, not as “Muslims” or “Christians” or “Jews” or any other distinction. We must be able to bridge cultural differences by connecting to people at a human level. Rather than doing that…we have Reid telling parents to spy on their children….the pope criticising our Prophet (PBUH)……and the government favouring one religion over another.
    John Reid was right. Would you want terrorist children? Parent have a duty in Islam to ensure their children stay on the right path. Again, follow the prophet's (saws) example, the pope insults us (whiloe quoting), we need to discuss. Not explode. I'm not saying I don't care if someone insults me as a muslim, because that's not ok. But, we don't need to resort to violence.

(Original post by Milli)
    I'm off. I'm surprised that many members of ISOC don't share these views. I'm even more surprised that they haven't said anything in regards to your post. Assalamun Alaikum.
    Maybe they agree with some of what i've said. Maybe they dont. Maybe the have better things to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    Not sure what Shias believe on the matter...
    I think majority do 20. I'm not sure though cos I haven't done ummrah or hajj. Insha'allah one day i will though.

ReputationRep:
    Yea i agree some muslims just way over react and some seem to have it screwed into their heads that all non-muslim infidels will burn in hell and to be hated..so any excuse to blow a fuse on non muslims.

ReputationRep:
    was wacthing ITV news, you got some muslims using propaganda on how the whole of the UK is against them!!
    they should really take alook at themselves, if they hate this country so much why are they living here??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    *quotes in attempt to take some credit for it* Heh.

He says something and some muslim somewhere decides to murder a nun...justified...sure.:rolleyes:
    I don't think it is as simple as that, I read somewhere that there's alot of friction in that area as it was where alot of killings take place anyway, and the Pope's speech fueled enough [illegitimate] anger to kill the nun. Meh, for all we know, she could've been killed had the Pope's speech not even existed.

ReputationRep:
    Assalamu Alaikum everyone :hello:

InshAllah u are well and happy

Ramadan Mubarek!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Salaamz all!

Hurry Munise! :hmmm:

I dont see the point to the Pope. (I'll keep my thought to myself) But as far as i am aware he is the biggest joke ever. "god command on earth?" Read the bible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weird and Wonderful)
    Salaamz all!

Hurry Munise! :hmmm:

I dont see the point to the Pope. (I'll keep my thought to myself) But as far as i am aware he is the biggest joke ever. "god command on earth?" Read the bible!
    W/Salaams

:eviltongu read my reply :hmmm: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    W/Salaams

:eviltongu read my reply :hmmm: :p:
    *grudgingly reads it and replies then hides*

ReputationRep:
    Salaam :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weird and Wonderful)
    *grudgingly reads it and replies then hides*
    :>.<:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    WSalaam :hello:

Hows you?

Btw, you checked your cp yet :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm alright thanks, and thanks dude

How are you Ms.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    W/salaamz!

U ok?

*Ignores Turkish girl! Whats her name again?* :p:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.