RULES AND REGULATIONS
Before you wise guys ask me: 'Rules for what Ayaz?' I'll tell you; the debate! Kapish?
1. All debates will last for a pre-determined period
- No one wants to be part of an argument that drags on and on and on (you get the point right?), so all debates will be limited, i.e., they will last for a specific duration. Minimum time for a debate (to end) is 30 mins; max is 1 day. Before starting the debate, both parties will decide how long they want the debate to last; if they both reach an agreement, they will inform the judge, who will announce a time period in which the teams will be allowed to present their thoughts. NOTE: PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT PARTCIPATING MAY NOT POST DURING THIS TIME. THEY CAN GIVE US THEIR EXPERT ANALYSIS AFTER THE DEABTE HAS ENDED AND EVERYONE IS THEIR NORMAL, FOOLISH SELF. No offence to anybody.
2. Both teams will follow the TAG-TEAM rule
- (No its not the WWE... Rashid take of that cape at once!) - We don't want a dozen people going for each others throats. Initially, two persons from each team will start off the debate. If the other team mates have suggestions, then they should tell the judge, who has the ability to 'freeze' the debate so that team mates may discuss amongst them selves. Also, if a team feels that they have a bomb-shell which they can drop on the opposition, they have the freedom to use PM. If anyone of the initial two members (who start the debate) feels tired, they may 'tag' another member of their team, who will then take control. Both teams should to choose a leader between them who will correspond with the judge; for breaks (in between debates), etc.
3. Teams should back up their claims at each stage
- This is a professional debate; claims which are not backed up by sufficient proof (from both teams) will be noted and dismissed by the judge.
4. Both teams must obey the judges decision
- If the judge feels that things are getting out of hand (which they will), she has the authority to throw out any member of any team at any time. None of the two teams is allowed to protest in favor of their 'main member', of their 'beloved member' etc.
These are some of the basic rules that both teams are expected to follow; feel free to add/delete any rule your not happy with.
Best of luck to both the teams!