Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    Its obvious why there isn't; there are places in the world where the moon is sighted, and places where it isn't. We can't change the fact. What is sad, however, is when there are three different Eids in the same city.

That's true. But if the crescent is sighted in say Pakistan, then whether or not India for example, doesn't see it because it's cloudy there is no denying the fact that it's there. Shouldn't at least neighboring countries join forces on such issues? Yes, they didn't sight it, but there neighbor did.
    It would make things easier for Muslims living in Western countries too and eliminate the 3 different Eids thing.
    What happens to those who go for Hajj and return afterwards to there country which might be 3 days behind the Saudi calendar? And what about A'raafat as a day of I'baadah…kind of odd to consider a day that the pilgrims are not in A'raafat as A'raafat, no?

ReputationRep:
    You know if say your from another country, eg, somewhere in Africa, and you live there but come to the UK for a bit during the start of Ramadan..well if your meant to follow your mosque when would they start fasting if its announced on different days..and then what would happen with eid, and how many days would you fast, if you went back..this is in a bit of a jumble..so you can just ignore this post

ReputationRep:
    Also the issue of Laylutal-Kadr..if its on an odd night sometime in the last 10days of Ramadan..well if people started fasting Ramadan on 2 diffrent days it would be all mixed up if you get me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_one)
    You know if say your from another country, eg, somewhere in Africa, and you live there but come to the UK for a bit during the start of Ramadan..well if your meant to follow your mosque when would they start fasting if its announced on different days..and then what would happen with eid, and how many days would you fast, if you went back..this is in a bit of a jumble..so you can just ignore this post
    Lol...I understand what you mean. I asked my dad about that too and I was told that you still follow with the country that you are residing in at that moment...even if you fast for more than 30 days. Let me confirm that for you...give me a sec.

Edit- Here you go...http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...ng&txt=Fasting

BTW- Sheik Abdul-Azeez al Ba'az was the late Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia(Allah yerhamu)...so it's pretty reliable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizfissy815)
    Lol...I understand what you mean. I asked my dad about that too and I was told that you still follow with the country that you are residing in at that moment...even if you fast for more than 30 days. Let me confirm that for you...give me a sec.
    jazakhallah sis

ReputationRep:
    Any idea when Ramadan is guys and girl?

ReputationRep:
    jazakhallah for the site! xxx

salaams ashmufc..first fast is tomorrow and taraweeh tonight

ReputationRep:
    Ramadan Kareem everyone!

ReputationRep:
    jazakhallah for the site! xxx

salaams ashmufc..first fast is tomorrow and taraweeh tonight
    Jazaks...
    Mmm.. good news everyone then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    That is something that really bothers me sometimes too... You know, wanting to apologise for something but not having the means to - a word to the wise, apologise and make peace with those whom you conflict with quickly, lest you cannot later!
    I absolutely agree there. I like to think I might be forgiven, since I was just 10. But I do think about it quite often especially because the girl specifically told me to pay it back.

Ramadan Mubarak Everyone
    May Allah bless you all
    Mittow xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *~>Mittow<~*)
    Ramadan Mubarak Everyone
    May Allah bless you all
    Mittow xxx
    Ramazan Mubarak Mittow

ReputationRep:

I gotta be prepared to be dragged outta bed before dawn :coma:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    lol weetabix tastes especially nasty at 4.30 in the morning

ReputationRep:
    im told esha is...4 sunna 4 forde 2 sunna 2 nofli 3 wither 2 halki nofli or something like that

is this right?!

ReputationRep:
    lol weetabix tastes especially nasty at 4.30 in the morning
    lol my mum makes us have a full dinner loool
    :coma: I cant take food when i wake up...i hav to wait coupla hours before i eat something, else i feel sickish.

Ramadhan Kareem!

ReputationRep:
    Ramadhan Mubabrak everyone!
    May allah accept your fasting and answer your prayers and give you reward you with lots of happiness

ReputationRep:
    O i was wondering, you know girls have to make up for missing a week of fasting....can we fast like a week before ramdhan starts? instead of after eid?

ReputationRep:
    For those interested, the new moon was born ~ 12:46:07 BST today or 11:46:07 GMT. :p:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.