The I-soc (Islamic Society) Watch

This discussion is closed.
The Green Manalishi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hamza09)
yousuf youhana has converted to islam and also has changed his name to mohammed yousuf
MashaAllah, i haven't been in the cricket scene (deeply) lately so i wasn't in the know about it

Actually, i do remember hearing something like that... Guess i'd forgotten :s:
Abbas6
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by The Green Manalishi)
Wa Alaikum Salaam bro, nice to see you posting after a while
I thought the point Ayaz was suggesting was that muslims should be taking both pro and con sides though. I really don't mind. A debate's a debate, i'm open to anything
I've been posting bro, it's just that I think my last couple of posts kind of got lost in the seas of "salams" and "how are yous" that have come to symbolise the ISoc :rolleyes: :p:
Abbas6
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm probably beginning to sound like brother Dimez now... :P:
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Kind of...
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rezae)
I've been posting bro, it's just that I think my last couple of posts kind of got lost in the seas of "salams" and "how are yous" that have come to symbolise the ISoc :rolleyes: :p:
Mmmhmmm, i saw your posts and i think i replied to some of them. But they are fairly spaced out :p: I think that's what inspired Ayaz's idea of a debate.

As to how it'll work, let's get it started and see how it goes. I'm ambivalent so it's fine
mizfissy815
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i got a question regarding marrige, can a woman make a contract before the marrige, stating that the man cant have anothe wife? and if so can he break it the contract??
I’ve heard that the wife does have the right to put anything in the contract so long as it does not include anything that is haraam and is reasonable. This includes allowing her husband to have another wife. If she disallows it, and the husband breaks the contract, she does have the right to leave him(or if she chooses to stay, that’s up to her).

Prophet (pbuh) said: ‘The most deserving of conditions to be fulfilled are those by means of which sexual intercourse becomes permissible for you.’

‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab said: ‘Rights are in accordance with conditions.’

Sahaeeh AlBukhari…
My personal opinion is that if the woman feels that her husband would want to get another wife just for the heck of it and wants to put that as part of her contract, she should word it properly in such a way that if she is ever put in a situation she would have the right to examine the whole issue and make her decision based on that. By that I mean, if her husband approaches her with the intention of wedding a widowed mother, for example, she has the right to allow it or maybe find a better alternative such as inform her single brother about the woman…

Realistically speaking, we all know that 99.99% of men are not going to be completely impartial and that itself has it’s punishment on the Day of Judgement.

Assalamu Alaikum everyone btw.
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
W/Salam sis.
What if she doesnt want the widowed mother to be part of her family, but the husband insists that it would help her?
mizfissy815
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by A Y A Z)
W/Salam sis.
What if she doesnt want the widowed mother to be part of her family, but the husband insists that it would help her?
If it's part of the contract, then he can't really break it. He could inform a brother of his or a friend, or even his brother in law. The woman doesn't really have the right to decide who exactly her brother is allowed to wed…if she honestly thinks that, then she’s one spoiled brat.:p: (unless of course she knows something about the woman that the others don’t …gold-digger maybe:p: , and doesn’t want any of her family member to fall prey to the her )
hamza09
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
so can a man have a contract saying, like i can wed to another wife no matter what, or something like the wife has to agree with the husband no matter what in adopting a child, or he could give her a divorce for that
mizfissy815
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
so can a man have a contract saying, like i can wed to another wife no matter what, or something like the wife has to agree with the husband no matter what in adopting a child, or he could give her a divorce for that
I can't see any reason why it can't go both ways...but I have a feeling it'll be a while before he finds a wife who'll agree to the first part of that contract.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If there is no clause in the marriage documant contract then can she object still? And if she doesn't consent, for malicious reasons (i.e. the husband marrying for a reason and doing everything right) then is her consent needed?
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
With regards to burial, the closest method to Sunnat is to bury a person without a coffin. However, the ***ahaa have ruled that in cases of necessity, e.g. ground being extremely soft, a coffin may be used. (Shaami). Hence, if there is a necessity for burial in a coffin in the enquired case, then only the person’s bequest may be executed.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best
mizfissy815
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If there is no clause in the marriage documant contract then can she object still?
Not really...
The husband isn’t breaching the contract so she can’t use that as an excuse. She can object though but it won’t really make a difference if he’s stubborn….

I'm still a little uncertain as to the rights of the wife when asking for a divorce...
filastini
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
;yes;
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
Assalamu Alaikum!
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salaams Firstly JazakhAllah for the rep Rizzy its really really appreciated so thankyou soo much
Your very welcome Aliya

Also that debate thing, lengthen it to 3 days in the summer and when school opens in like a month or two we'll lengthen it to a week (people have to study & work)
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
so what group am i in??
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Do the bride and groom actually get to read the contract?
I doubt it..
And why does the bride have to say 'Qubul' (i accept) three times?
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Its for you to decide Rafey!
Let us know
O_o Silent_Star o_O
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salaams everyone :wavey:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (110)
71.9%
No (43)
28.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed