Turn on thread page Beta

The I-soc (Islamic Society) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahmara)
    ok farhan

right, the thing is....we had a form rep meeting today and wel...im the president of the school council and i had to lead it today. We discussed events etc to raise money for our end of year prom. However, i told my teacher and my fellow 6th form mates that i will not be attending the prom at the meeting. They all went :eek: :eek2: and i told them i wont be allowed and im not very much into these things and i dont like it. My teacher and my friends said....'you have to go to the prom...you're helping us so much in this thing...you have to go no matter what happens,..you're the president...the president has to be there to give an opening speech :eek:'

So...what shall i do? I think this issue has been discussed before but id be grateful on your views.

Jazakhallahu khair
    Rahmara sis Basically, I think you should go and do the opening speech..because if you don't people are going to be so dramatic and annoying about it, and people don't actually understand why your saying no, so yeh. Then stay an hour or so and then leave. Plus its usually at the end of the night when people are really drunk and stuff so yeh.

x x x x

ReputationRep:
    hmmm,.....thankls for the help bros and sis's . i think thats what ill do. give my speech then run for my life :rofl: lol.
    there's definitely going to be alcohol :mad:

ReputationRep:
    jazakhallah hu kahir little sis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahmara)
    hmmm,.....thankls for the help bros and sis's . i think thats what ill do. give my speech then run for my life :rofl: lol.
    there's definitely going to be alcohol :mad:
    awwww :hugs: your in a tough situation but agree with lil_one, do the speech because it'll cause a lot of hassle if you dont as they dont understand why you don't like going to proms. Then like you said, run for your life :p:

ReputationRep:
    arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashmufc)
    I'm applying for a place for only black and ethnic minorities. I am just asking id it is write to call Quranic Arabic, Classic Arabic or what is the correct term. It might impress them seeing I know "Classic" or "traditional" version of a language.
    Yeah, I think Classic Arabic is the correct term.
    I guess if it isn’t common it’s going to be an advantage to you and I doubt it’ll hurt to write it … so go for it!
    Wow, how unhelpful was that… sorry. :rolleyes:

Ooo and good luck with the applying.

ReputationRep:
    Rahmara sis u gotta go to a Prom.......

Hmm since of your status at school I think you should go but try to stay away from the music/dance

Just enjoy it but ask for forgiveness as soon as you reach home right? Solved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nevatary)
    Yeah, I think Classic Arabic is the correct term.
    I guess if it isn’t common it’s going to be an advantage to you and I doubt it’ll hurt to write it … so go for it!
    Wow, how unhelpful was that… sorry. :rolleyes:

Ooo and good luck with the applying.
    Anyone else confirm this

May Allah forgive you

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else confirm this

May Allah forgive you
    I say Classical Arabic as well. Mind, Classical Arabic IGCSE/A-level is nothing like Quranic Arabic, but it's the closest you'll find.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else confirm this

May Allah forgive you
    Thanks.

"The Qur'an was one of the first texts written in Arabic. It is written in an early form of classical Arabic known as “Quranic” Arabic."

[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qur'an#The_language_of_the_Qur.2 7an ]

ReputationRep:
    :blushing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    :blushing:
    Wotcha :blushing: for?

ReputationRep:
    People are leaving TSR, other people are angry, some people are inconsiderate, Liverpool conceded 2 goals and I'm almost skint.

ReputationRep:
    People are leaving TSR, other people are angry, some people are inconsiderate, Liverpool conceded 2 goals and I'm almost skint.
    :hugs:

And not to forget some people undergoing sex changes. Cough*you*cough. :p:

Which people are angry & inconsiderate?

Annnnd, you could solve that problem by getting a job or 'borrowing' money from your parents

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:

And not to forget some people undergoing sex changes. Cough*you*cough. :p:

Which people are angry & inconsiderate?

Annnnd, you could solve that problem by getting a job or 'borrowing' money from your parents
    I am a girl, though.

*no names mentioned* :p:

Yeah, I'll borrow some money It's not that easy to get a job.

ReputationRep:
    I am a girl, though.

*no names mentioned* :p:

Yeah, I'll borrow some money It's not that easy to get a job.
    Lol, I think you'll actually start believing that soon if you tell it to yourself enough times. Just make sure you don't hit anyone with your pink purse if they try and convince you that you're not a girl. :p:

I would give you a whole lecture on the job thing but I guess I can't talk. Teehehe.

ReputationRep:
    :p:

I'm thinking if I should go uni tomorrow. No lectures yet though.

ReputationRep:
    What is there to actually do in freshers week apart from getting wasted?

ReputationRep:
    Well here's my uni freshers listing.. Had they not clashed with Tarawee, a may have gone to a few. There's comedy nights and boat party etc, I'd love to've gone lol oh well.

A few of them would be seen as un-Islamic, so I'd stay away from them. Looks like I'm gonna miss all of freshers week.

ReputationRep:
    What is there to actually do in freshers week apart from getting wasted?
    Wow Nevatary you have so little rep! Only one gem :eek: Here, have some.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.