The Student Room Group
Reply 15740
Weird and Wonderful
WS to Taqo! Mall at 1:30am! lol

Yeah ramadan in the middle east is the best experience ever!

:ditto:
mizfissy815
:rofl: That's so true. I spoke to Taqo last night and I had to excuse myself because I was at the mall, at 1.30 am. :redface: She says Salaams from Makkah btw.

But that only happens in Ramadhan though....Normally, malls tend to close at 11.00 pm. In Ramadaan working hours are shorter and most malls only open up after Asr prayer(3.00) and close at Maghrib(5.45). Everything remains closed until after Taraweeh (about 9.00), up until 2.00 am.

Welcome to the Middle East's nocturnal life style! :biggrin:
Hehe. But we didn't go during Ramadhan though? We went in August last year and the malls/markets used to be open till ages, later then 3/4am.. Even up to Fajr? I think.

So when do you sleep then? And what time do sch/colleges/unis open and finish?

Wsalaam Taqo lol
Reply 15742
Okay people i'm off!

Asr time!

Allah Hafiz! Take Care
Reply 15743
justfarhan
Hehe. But we didn't go during Ramadhan though? We went in August last year and the malls/markets used to be open till ages, later then 3/4am.. Even up to Fajr? I think.

Wsalaam Taqo lol

that is the norm there i remember in Lahore with all the nights food music shops it was great fun. They also do this in the middle east as it is cooler during the night!!! The day is waaaay to hot! :cool:
Definitely! It is so cool to roam the streets during the night :cool:
Muhammad Abuzaid
Just wondering what a christian is doing in an islamic forum. Specialy arguying about islamic matters from a muslim point of view, rather than the usual argumentative or intruiged points of view.

How is that from an Islamic point of view?
justfarhan

Wsalaam Taqo lol

That might have something to with the fact that it was Makkah and Medina and not any other city.

I usually sleep after Fajr and wake at about about 10-11. My siblings school and my ex-school(God, that feels good :p:), classes start at 9.30 (you might think that's\ normal, but here it isn't. School during non-Ramaadhan days, start a 6.45...at times school buses might be at your door at 5.30 am) and end at 2.00 pm. This particular school doesn't have a 1 hr lunch break as some of you guys do, we have 20 min lunch break, which becomes 15 min in Ramadhan (and the cafeteria is only open for the primary grades(1-3)). We also have another break for Thuhr/Zuhr prayer for about 15 min too. Only then is the cafeteria open for the grades 4-12.
mizfissy815
That might have something to with the fact that it was Makkah and Medina and not any other city.

I usually sleep after Fajr and wake at about about 10-11. My siblings school and my ex-school(God, that feels good :p:), classes start at 9.30 (you might think that's\ normal, but here it isn't. School during non-Ramaadhan days, start a 6.45...at times school buses might be at your door at 5.30 am) and end at 2.00 pm. This particular school doesn't have a 1 hr lunch break as some of you guys do, we have 20 min lunch break, which becomes 15 min in Ramadhan (and the cafeteria is only open for the primary grades(1-3)). We also have another break for Thuhr/Zuhr prayer for about 15 min too. Only then is the cafeteria open for the grades 4-12.
:/

What time is Fajr normally? Do you get your 8 hours sleep? Where do you live then? :biggrin:
Weird and Wonderful
I am fine!

Your goodself?

Alhumdulillah!
justfarhan
:/

What time is Fajr normally? Do you get your 8 hours sleep? Where do you live then? :biggrin:

About 5 am. I'm still used to the 5 hrs of sleep(if I'm lucky) I lived on during my A-levels. I currently live in UAE, but was born and raised in Saudi(home sweet home). I shall not narrow down my location any further than that.
Is Saudi very similar to UAE Fizzy?
rizzyh

Not to my knowledge :wink: And that's a good thing imo. I'm talking about the legal enforcement upon society... :smile:
mizfissy815
About 5 am. I'm still used to the 5 hrs of sleep(if I'm lucky) I lived on during my A-levels. I currently live in UAE, but was born and raised in Saudi(home sweet home). I shall not narrow down my location any further than that.
5 hours? Woah.

That's unhealthy! Is 5 hours for most people or?
In my opinion, UAE seems to be splashing the cash to boost tourism.

They should build a big beautiful mosque near that famous island hotel.
rizzyh
In my opinion, UAE seems to be splashing the cash to boost tourism.

They should build a big beautiful mosque near that famous island hotel.

They've already got alot of mosques around i think :smile: Assalamu Alaikum to everyone... Btw, outside of Dubai is tourism big in the UAE?
Reply 15755
Asslamu alikum everyone.
Reply 15756
Nevatary
How is that from an Islamic point of view?

I just never heard a non-muslim telling a muslim to use arabic words to refer to the 5 pillars of his religion and arguying over it, thats all :confused: .

I would expect that conversation to be between 2 muslims:p: .
justfarhan
5 hours? Woah.

That's unhealthy! Is 5 hours for most people or?

Lol....no just me. I'm a freak, my mom even thinks so.

In some ways- yes, in other no.
Things that most of the Gulf countries share such as culture, habits, and life style are very similar. But when it comes down to it, Saudi Arabia bases everything on religion first…I can't say the same for UAE.

They've already got alot of mosques around i think Assalamu Alaikum to everyone... Btw, outside of Dubai is tourism big in the UAE?

Wa Alaikum as Salaam. The number of mosques in all of UAE would be less than the total number of mosques in Saudi Arabia's major cities, Riyadh, Jeddah, Makkah and Madina. In Saudi there is about 2 mosques within a half a km radius from any point.

Well, they're trying, Abu Dhabi is heading that way while the other cities are the centres of cultures, traditions, not to mention natural beauty. Sharajah, Aiyn and Ajman are also booming. I'll finish this later, as I have to run now.

Assalaamu Alaikum all.
*changed*
mizfissy815

Wa Alaikum as Salaam. The number of mosques in all of UAE would be less than the total number of mosques in Saudi Arabia's major cities, Riyadh, Jeddah, Makkah and Madina. In Saudi there is about 2 mosques within a half a km radius from any point.

Hmmm, i see... JazakhAllah for shedding some light on that :smile:

Latest