I'm good, what're you up to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahmara)
    :hello: farhan
    ;hijf; Rahmara :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Farhan :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hey nev.. i just realised you're a member of the Phiilsophy :eek: and the prison break soc :party: yipeeeeeee Just like me

ReputationRep:
    I'm a member of no soc.

ReputationRep:
    I need help guys
    We're planning on doing charity events at our school and as the president everyone's coming up to me for suggestions. I've come up with my own idea with one of my other classmates....helping raise money for islamic relief. However, im not sure how i can do this and get the whole school involved. Help!
    Ooo…We did one too! Except it was mainly for the Palestinian people, and the money was sent to WAMY. We had a day care center for little ones, a henna booth, the higher grades set up beauty booths, were they did women's hair and make up, all kinds of games for everyone, trivia competitions, a mini flee market where we sold all kinds of stuff….from girly items (jewelry) to small carpets(very Arabian style).
    BTW This whole thing occurred in a purely all women environment, so hijab wasn't really an issue.

Sorry the very abrupt leave earlier btw, but our neighbors decided to drop by and I had to be the good ol' host.

ReputationRep:
    Hey nev.. i just realised you're a member of the Phiilsophy :eek: and the prison break soc :party: yipeeeeeee Just like me

Yaaaay!! :five:
    Prison break... Scofield... *Dribbles*. Lol. Joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    I'm good, what're you up to?
    Nothing interesting; waiting to sleep lol & listening to that song, you?

ReputationRep:
    Rahmara, Hi.

What we did when we were raising money was that we had an eid party (it was nearly eid at the time) and everyone had to buy tickets to get in. We also had a raffle, so that helped raise more money (the prizes were donated).
    During the party, we had collection bucket things for people to donate money.
    We had fashion shows and dance competitions (people had to donate to enter), so people really enjoyed the party and peolpe were keen to donate money throughout the party because they all wanted to help the cause. It was a womens only party so everyone dressed up.
    During the day, before the party, we also set up heena booths and people set up stalls selling colthes, jewellery, scarves and religious books and things.

I hope that helped.

I hope you are well.

xx

ReputationRep:
    That'd be a very very long process..
    You reckon?

I hope everyone agrees with the small changes to the society.. [thread icon and got rid of the Mk in the title].
    I always wondered what that MK stood for.

ReputationRep:
    I dont have the Islamic society on my societies list ??

Salaams all, i hope you are well. I am so hungry!! Have to work on personal statement now

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mike89)
    Cool!;pimp;

So, where u applyin?
    Hey, sorry for the late reply... totally missed it.

I may apply to: Sheffield, Nottingham, Royal Holloway, Manchester, York and Glasgow.

What about you... you have any ideas yet?

ReputationRep:
    Mk stands for 'make'.

My Windows XP at home has expired. I cannot use my computer at home till I get a new one :/ Now who wants to donate a few quid to go towards buying a new one?!

ReputationRep:
    Pirate copy then? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I need a new one.

I had XP already installed with my computer but didn't get an XP disc with it, I have to by Compaq to send me one, so I might aswell get a new XP cd.

ReputationRep:
    My computer went wrong, so without a proper XP cd I installed XP with a copied version.. and it only lets you use that version for 30 days till it has to be activated. since it was a copied version I couldn't activate it and now it won't let me use my computer at all :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My computer went wrong, so without a proper XP cd I installed XP with a copied version.. and it only lets you use that version for 30 days till it has to be activated. since it was a copied version I couldn't activate it and now it won't let me use my computer at all :rolleyes:
    Damn... :p: That's pretty unfriendly!

ReputationRep:
    Asslamu alikum warhmatu Allah wabrkatu

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.