The Student Room Group
Oh peeps... I found a link which shows the niqaab to be a prominent aspect of Islam, what are your views on it?
I thought that the niqab wasn't compulsory but was a very very good thing to do, and that women should try to do it.
I'm so angry by what Jack Straw said. If I ever met him I would tell him, that no-one tells him to go get plastic surgery because his ugly face is making me feel uncomfortable grrrrr
The more muslimahs cover themselves, the more Allah SWT will be happy and the greater the reward :smile:
salaams rizzy love your sig
Reply 16064
Salam....

Anyone here from Qatar?
;no;
Reply 16066
The Green Manalishi
Oh peeps... I found a link which shows the niqaab to be a prominent aspect of Islam, what are your views on it?
You can start off by posting the link! :wink:
I thought the niqab wasnt compulsary too. I have herad alot of people say that women are being opressed and being made to wear the niqaab and conver up in Islam when they have no idea that it is often our own choice. No one forced me to cover up. I even thought of weraing the niqaab when i decided to cover but i wasnt ready for it.

I know that jack straw was just suggesting that women remove their niqaab when they talk to him, well thats just his personal bloody preference, why tell the world, he should of known it was going to cause havoc. I read in my local newspaper this morning that a women had her vail snatched off her head whilst she was wiating in line for the bus in the morning. Is that what what he wanted to achieve!!

Jackass!!
justfarhan
Amazing what too much pressure from parents can do - mingling with the mind so much that it confuses the person enough to not see the obvious, and making them question something they that do believe in.

If you're forced to do something, why would you like doing it? And if you don't like doing it, you're obviously going to start questioning it sub-conciously, then more openly.

Pretty sad really, stop feeling sorry for yourself and stand up for yourself. Once you start doing that, you'll automatically start doing these things which you oh so hated doing before because you were forced to do it. You have low self confidence, but you're still allowed to have fun, you're still allowed to have girl mates. If uni if crap for you, it's what you made it. If you go into uni with a smile, your day will be better.

If you go to uni with a sad face on, you've made your day ****. It's your own fault.

Smile. Make compromises. Negotiate with your parents. You'll feel much better, I can bet my life on it.

ye its all my fault my parents are *******(!)
All i asked was advice on how to i tell my parents that i don't want to follow islam.
uni?! what are you on about....that was just like the first first couple of days nerves/sadness. I think its alright now.
anyway i got a plan...im getting a job in a month or two, and im going to save enough money, and runaway, rent someplace.
Laaibah
I thought the niqab wasnt compulsary too. I have herad alot of people say that women are being opressed and being made to wear the niqaab and conver up in Islam when they have no idea that it is often our own choice. No one forced me to cover up. I even thought of weraing the niqaab when i decided to cover but i wasnt ready for it.

I know that jack straw was just suggesting that women remove their niqaab when they talk to him, well thats just his personal bloody preference, why tell the world, he should of known it was going to cause havoc. I read in my local newspaper this morning that a women had her vail snatched off her head whilst she was wiating in line for the bus in the morning. Is that what what he wanted to achieve!!

Jackass!!

I had my scarf pulled at couple of times in yrs 7 to 9.
Reply 16070
.S.O.S.
All i asked was advice on how to i tell my parents that i don't want to follow islam.
uni?! what are you on about....that was just like the first first couple of days nerves/sadness. I think its alright now.
anyway i got a plan...im getting a job in a month or two, and im going to save enough money, and runaway, rent someplace.

I think thats a bad plan Robela.
Laaibah

Jackass!!

I had my scarf pulled at couple of times in yrs 7 to 9. If your young its easy to be forced to do something and harder to break the habbit after, even if you want to.
Reply 16072
.S.O.S.

lol you're asking an Islamic Society for advice on how to confront your parents of your denouncement of Islam. Oh the irony!
.S.O.S.
Why did I even bother wasting my time? :rolleyes:

Who's going to help you if you don't bother helping yourself.
Reply 16074
Yea the niqaab isn't compulsory in islam except in the hanbali school of thought, and they do have their evidence. If anyone is interested I am willing to go through them because they are valid, bear in mind I do believe it is not compulsory.

Even if women do decide to take of the niqaab thats just opening the door for more. and I would like to remind everyone of this verse:

[2:120]Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion. Say: "The Guidance of Allah, that is the (only) Guidance," wert thou to follow their desires after the knowledge which hath reached thee, then wouldst thou find neither Protector nor Helper against Allah.
Dimez
lol you're asking an Islamic Society for advice on how to confront your parents of your denouncement of Islam. Oh the irony!

they're muslims how would they take it? would they want to kill me?
Reply 16076
.S.O.S.
they're muslims how would they take it? would they want to kill me?

For me it would feel like my sister decided to desert our family...
robella..please don't give up. You don't have to the strictest of muslims in the world, but just keep your faith. You know you want to believe but your just finding it hard because your tackling issues with your parents at the same time, which is as a result making you lack social interaction, thus blaming it on islam, when its not, its your parents.
I hope everything turns out ok, and im here for you if you need to talk anytime. I think your plan about running away is bad, you need your family.
The Niqab (where you cover your face the most) is easy to do in Muslim countries than eg the UK

But I think as a standard all muslimahs should wear the hijab (cover the hair) in their twenties.

I mean hijabs can be fashionable too!
Reply 16079
I hate fashion. Just another form of slavery.

Latest