(Original post by justfarhan)
    *is not here.*
    Pokes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nevatary)
    Hehe I wanna major in that too!

Might transfer into a different field?

Awh, we're not applyin to any of the same unis. *Heartbreaking*
    Heartbreaking and you have a smile next to it, what a hypocrite :mad: I already applied by the way lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muhammad Abuzaid)
    Heartbreaking and you have a smile next to it, what a hypocrite :mad: I already applied by the way lol
    Hehe, I just wanted to lighten the mood. I'll be extra sad to cancel it out then...

You applied for 2007?

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, I just wanted to lighten the mood. I'll be extra sad to cancel it out then...

You applied for 2007?
    Yea I cuold say we would be in the same uni, Uol, but Imperial drawn out. But I am still applying to UCL so I guess you can keep the

Yea I sent off my application last month though, but my refree only completed it and sent off this week. :confused: I know she doesn't like me but come on, 3 weeks to write a refrence? It took me less than then to complete the whole application!

ReputationRep:
    Yea I cuold say we would be in the same uni, Uol, but Imperial drawn out. But I am still applying to UCL so I guess you can keep the

Yea I sent off my application last month though, but my refree only completed it and sent off this week. :confused: I know she doesn't like me but come on, 3 weeks to write a refrence? It took me less than then to complete the whole application!
    Grrr, well it's still early yet... you've still got a great chance. Most schools haven't sent of the student's applications yet... I think my schools sending everyones off at the start of Nov.

ReputationRep:
    Grrr, well it's still early yet... you've still got a great chance. Most schools haven't sent of the student's applications yet... I think my schools sending everyones off at the start of Nov.
    Alright I see. I am just waiting for my welcome letter to come throught the post so I can move up my addiction from apply to track.

ReputationRep:
    Alright I see. I am just waiting for my welcome letter to come throught the post so I can move up my addiction from apply to track.
    Apply to track? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Apply to track? :confused:
    These are terms used by UCAS addicts, don't worry you will be hooked soon after you finish your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    Hey Nevatary!

This by no means is meant to be offensive. I was just wondering, if you were born in Dubai, speak Arabic...then how comes you're not Muslim? I always had the idea that everyone in Dubai were Muslims. Were you born as a Muslim but then later converted? I'm just curious. You don't have to answer if you don't want to.
    :eek: Big mistake :p: Lol

ReputationRep:
    What do you do then? Yea I loved the one with the creepy smily lol
    I'll be applying to Medicine Inshallah. Universities I've applied too are:

-UCL
    -Cambridge
    -Queen Mary
    -Kings College London

ReputationRep:
    These are terms used by UCAS addicts, don't worry you will be hooked soo'n after you finish your application.
    Lol I get you now, I just thought it was like a phrase- 'Apply to Track', which didn't make sense to me. Silly me the 'to' wasn't even in italics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    I'll be applying to Medicine Inshallah. Universities I've applied too are:

-UCL
    -Cambridge
    -Queen Mary
    -Kings College London
    Mashallah, very nice. I wish you all the good luck with the application. My first choice is Imperial, they allow entry to Medicine for postgraduation for my course, I would love to do both so much.

When did you send off your application then?

ReputationRep:
    Lol I get you now, I just thought it was like a phrase- 'Apply to Track', which didn't make sense to me. Silly me the 'and' wasn't even in italics.
    lol, I tried my best to not make it sound like that, I guess I should have used bold as well as italic. :p:

ReputationRep:
    salamz all

im new here my names Aisha

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Aisha!

ReputationRep:
    The Etiquette of Fasting

Following are the explanations afforded by the words and deeds of the Prophet (sws) regarding the fast:

i. The Ramadan should begin with the sighting of the moon and it should end with it too. The Prophet (sws) is reported to have said: "Begin the fast with the sighting of the moon and break the fast with sighting it too. Then if the weather is not clear, end the month of Sha'ban by completing thirty days."

ii. Fasts should not be kept just one or two days before the [email protected]#n begins. The Prophet (sws) did not approve of this practice and remarked that the only exception to this is the person who keeps fasting.

iii. One should eat the sahur (pre-fast meal) before beginning the fast. The Prophet (sw) asked people to eat it because eating it brings blessings.

iv. If the adhan begins and a person has a plate in his hand, then he should go on to finish what he is eating; there is nothing wrong in this.

v. During the fast a person can be intimate with his wife in whatever way he chooses except for having sexual intercourse with her. 'Ai'shah (rta) narrates that during the fast the Prophet (sws) would kiss her and press her closely to him.

vi. The fast can be kept in the state of janabah (ceremonial uncleanliness). 'Ai'shah (rta) narrates that the Prophet (sws) sometimes would begin the fast in this state and then do ghusl (the ceremonial bath) after the time of fajr.

vii. If a person eats forgetfully then this does not break the fast. The Prophet (sws) remarked that it is Allah who has fed him.

viii. The Prophet's way of observing i'tikaf was to sit in a central mosque during the last ten days of the Ramadan. 'Ai'shah (rta) narrates that a person who has sat for i'tikaf should not go to visit the sick, nor participate in a funeral procession nor go near his wife nor go out of the mosque except for some compelling human need.

ix. Intentionally breaking the fast is a grave sin. If a person commits this sin he should atone for it. The atonement which the Prophet (sws) prescribed was the same as the one the Qur'a#n has prescribed for [email protected] However, it is evident from the [email protected]#th that when the person expressed his inability the Prophet (sws) did not insist on it.

x. The supplication ascribed to the Prophet (sws) for breaking the fast is:

"The thirst has been quenched, the canals are brimming with water and if Godwills then the reward of this [fast] has also been acknowledged."

Studying Islam
    www.studying-islam.org

ReputationRep:
    As-Salam alikum Aisha and Mardiha (is it MADIHA, or MARdiha?)
    I'm Ayaz, 18, the coolest guy on the ISOC. Milli and Rahmara dig me, Rashid (the Green Manalishi) adores me and the rest worship me!
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm at Uni. Doing BSc in Finance and Investment. Where, I won't say.
    Oh btw, I'm from Pakistan, but I live in Dubai (not thats not where my Uni is).

And in my free time, I do what I was born for: be cool. :p: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Mashallah very nice name! Haven't heard it before. What does it mean?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am. Pakistani
    My name means Courageous and Enduring.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.