The I-soc (Islamic Society) Watch

This discussion is closed.
conservativebohemian
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Muhammad Abuzaid)
But I noticed something on the islamic society, whenever a topic is suggested people just tend to write things down and perhaps ignore other posts, instead it shuold be interactive, so raise a point and lets discuss it, this proved to be more useful on TSR.
Ditto.
~style
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Totenkopf)
Don't you find it rather ironic that people who do not believe in creationism tend to think they are more 'right' than others? It's like pessimism. A pessimistic person will tell you that it's not going to work or you're not going to win as if they knew. Have they actually been there and done everything and thus know it all?
Why do you think The Almighty God curses them so much in the quran. If their light recpetors can't detect something it must not exist. Come on. You don't use a metal detector to search for water. Same way there is a slight chance that our senses and machines aren't advanced enough to detect everything in the universe and explain it to maximum accuracy.
Milli
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Alhamdulilah, I am all fine. I have loads of topics but I won't be able to join because I will be off in a little while, so it wouldn't be fair to suggest something and leave lol. But I noticed something on the islamic society, whenever a topic is suggested people just tend to write things down and perhaps ignore other posts, instead it shuold be interactive, so raise a point and lets discuss it, this proved to be more useful on TSR.
I agree
conservativebohemian
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why do you think The Almighty God curses them so much in the quran. If their light recpetors can't detect something it must not exist. Come on. You don't use a metal detector to search for water. Same way there is a slight chance that our senses and machines aren't advanced enough to detect everything in the universe and explain it to maximum accuracy.
And not just slight chance. Look how quickly science is developing, people should just have more patience, though they are never going to "discover" God by technical means.
I actually think that is what makes this world so fascinating and beautiful. Everything exists and nothing exists.
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
And not just slight chance. Look how quickly science is developing, people should just have more patience, though they are never going to "discover" God by technical means.
I actually think that is what makes this world so fascinating and beautiful. Everything exists and nothing exists.
Even making all this discoveries is only dependent on God allowing us to do so. So only by his permission can we find him, either physically or mentally. I remember reading in one of Steven Hawking's books that finding a theory of everything would be dependent on the theory itself, i.e. the theory itself would determine our outcome of it. Or something among those lines anyway.
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I hope you're not trying to sound 'intelligent'. The evolution theory (not fact) was created by a chap called Darwin. The Big Bang theory was developed by a bunch of (intelligent) people. The Quran agrees with the Big Bang theory and it said long before these bunch of (intelligent) people came with their theories, that the universe is expanding.

Funnily enough, I read this week that one of the IG Nobel prizes went to a guy who invented ringtones that were audible to teenagers but not to their teachers. I then remembered that in Islam, people believe that little children can hear and see Jinns whilst adults can't. I thought this was greatly fascinating.
yeah i've known about darwinism and big bang theory since i was 12 but thanks for reminding me of that. Ringtone audible to teenagers and not the teacher could be to do with the teacher is older and thus can't pick up on certain higher frequencies that teenagers can.
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by .S.O.S.)
Ringtone audible to teenagers and not the teacher could be to do with the teacher is older and thus can't pick up on certain higher frequencies that teenagers can.
Well obviously. :rolleyes:
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
children can hear jinns because they speak on a high freqency? thats what your suggesting? hmm
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
children can hear jinns because they speak on a high freqency? thats what your suggesting? hmm
I neither suggested the latter nor the former. I never came across strong proof that children can detect the unseen. Neither am I suggesting that other life forms speak in different frequencies to us, even though its highly probable. The image of the electromagnetic spectrum springs to mind.

My point is this: Anything God has created has to make sense and be able to be explained, otherwise how is he God?
wats_jeggah
Report 12 years ago
if you would like to watch islam channel but u dont have a sky digibox then log on to it at www.islamchannel.tv
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wats_jeggah)
if you would like to watch islam channel but u dont have a sky digibox then log on to it at www.islamchannel.tv
Did you create 2 accounts on TSR?
lil one
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
robella hows everything sis
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I neither suggested the latter nor the former. I never came across strong proof that children can detect the unseen. Neither am I suggesting that other life forms speak in different frequencies to us, even though its highly probable. The image of the electromagnetic spectrum springs to mind.

My point is this: Anything God has created has to make sense and be able to be explained, otherwise how is he God?
sorry that was ment for totenkopf
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
sorry that was ment for totenkopf
So unless its from him you won't accept it? :hmmmm:
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
im ok thanks lil_one, how are you?
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So unless its from him you won't accept it? :hmmmm:
no just that you replied as if i had addressed it to you, that i replied to something you said in a post.
I neither suggested the latter nor the former
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
no just that you replied as if i had addressed it to you, that i replied to something you said in a post.
Oops, my bad I guess. I just assumed you were addressing me because you quoted me. :rolleyes:
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
are u angry at me?
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
are u angry at me?
No way. What? Why would I ever be? I am angry now because you thought I would be angry at you! :mad:

EDIT: Unless you are adressing someone else again
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
can i ask u do u know anything about what hierachical 'table of contents'? might mean? or hard break paragraph?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.69%
No (665)
60.62%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.69%

Watched Threads