Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well i guess it depends who that sister is fighting, if shes in a country where theres war then ok maybe fine, but its open to interpertation some people may find it provocative, with islam being associated with terrorism nowadays you don't want to fuel that idea.

(Original post by Weird and Wonderful)
    I'm sorry but i have to say you could not be more wrong. The UK is all for free speech and stuff ad has been illustrated by Jack Straw with his oppositon to the veil. Sis Hureeya's pic is an act of free speech too. and as for your point about concern, Straws comments have caused concern amognst muslims.

ALSO...TSR has members from all over the world not just the UK!!!
    couldn't agree more Kamran

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hureeya)
    non-Muslims students website?

explain yourself.
    Last time I checked TSR wasn't run by Muslims. And it was primarily for students.

Anyway, it's just that I have issues with violence-adoring Muslim youth. It almost feels like the only way to make others believe (I'm not talking about you, darling) one is a great muslim, they have to plegde death to everyone who in some way does Muslims wrong. I can't stand violance in any form. It really should be the last existing option. I know the Prophet (sas) went to wars but he was very reluctant to do so. I'm sure it's not part of his teachings to promote violance. Anyway, if you feel so strongly about (anything) why don't you display a pic simply of the shahada? There's nothing greater, powerful and more beautiful than that

(Original post by .S.O.S.)
    well i guess it depends who that sister is fighting, if shes in a country where theres war then ok maybe fine, but its open to interpertation some people may find it provocative, with islam being associated with terrorism nowadays you don't want to fuel that idea.
    I don't see how she would be allowed to do what she's doing in my avatar in a country that's not in struggle

do you really think she'd be able to do the same in a country like the UK? or any other that's not in war or trouble.

ReputationRep:
    how do u know she's not just modelling? where exactly did you get your picture from?

ReputationRep:
    why do people owe you rep? i have soo little!
    WHO'RE YOU? YOU'VE GOT MY DREAM WIFE AS YOUR AVATAR! :eek3:

:love:

Assalamu Alaikum btw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .S.O.S.)
    Why does everyone think that she is in War or on a killing spree? Is it because she has Allah (swt) on her forehead?

(Original post by Totenkopf)
    Last time I checked TSR wasn't run by Muslims. And it was primarily for students.

Anyway, it's just that I have issues with violence-adoring Muslim youth. It almost feels like the only way to make others believe (I'm not talking about you, darling) one is a great muslim, they have to plegde death to everyone who in some way does Muslims wrong. I can't stand violance in any form. It really should be the last existing option. I know the Prophet (sas) went to wars but he was very reluctant to do so. I'm sure it's not part of his teachings to promote violance. Anyway, if you feel so strongly about (anything) why don't you display a pic simply of the shahada? There's nothing greater, powerful and more beautiful than that
    with all respect, who the forum is run by is totally irrelevant. Britain is run by non-Muslims, all faiths still have their freedom of speech.

I get your point but I see my avatar more as an act of defence rather than promoting violence. I may do when I get bored of this one

ReputationRep:
    Sis Hureeya's pic is an act of free speech too.
    If I displayed a pic of raped Muslim woman, that'd be an act of free speech too, and it does happen. But what purpose would it serve? Why would I want to do it? There are a million ways of getting a point across. It's better to do it in a tasteful manner.

ReputationRep:
    Why does everyone think that she is in War or on a killing spree? Is it because she has Allah (swt) on her forehead?
    maybe because she has a gun, which suggest violence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)

Assalamu Alaikum btw!
    :ditto: looool

Salaamz Bro Rashid!

Assalamu Alaikum btw!
    formerly known as slughorn I actually got the picture from one of your posts btw! the Joanna Francis one? is the pic of Joanne Francis or just a Muslim sister in general? wa-alaikum salaam!

ReputationRep:

I get your point but I see my avatar more as an act of defence rather than promoting violence. I may do when I get bored of this one
    I'm not asking you to remove it. I'm simply answering why I think it's tasteless and in some ways offensive.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, perhaps because she has a gun?

I'm not asking you to remove it. I'm simply answering why I think it's tasteless and in some ways offensive.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway am off annoying some of you! :p:

ReputationRep:
    If I displayed a pic of raped Muslim woman, that'd be an act of free speech too, and it does happen. But what purpose would it serve? Why would I want to do it? There are a million ways of getting a point across. It's better to do it in a tasteful manner.
    Well how could I tell from the pic that the woman has been raped is muslim etc etc?

I think you're reading a little too much into the pic.

Your proposed pic would be distasteful, people interpret things in diff ways. I saw her beauty and as i have mentioned did not even see the gun. I dont see why it is such a big issue.

Its your view and its respected, but not necessarily agreed on.

ReputationRep:
    formerly known as slughorn I actually got the picture from one of your posts btw! the Joanna Francis one? is the pic of Joanne Francis or just a Muslim sister in general? wa-alaikum salaam!
    :p: Sorry, i figured the slughorn bit... Your old avatar was awesome as well! Hehe i was gonna ask you where you got that pic, i got it off another forum - believe in love at first site? I do now :love: Haha...

Anyway am off annoying some of you! :p:
    you weren't annoying darling :p: just voicing your opinion which I think is nice

:p: Sorry, i figured the slughorn bit... Your old avatar was awesome as well! Hehe i was gonna ask you where you got that pic, i got it off another forum - believe in love at first site? I do now :love: Haha...

I really liked the pic too when I first saw it, it's really appealing she's really pretty too. any idea who it is though? :p:

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.