The Student Room Group
Reply 16920
bigrico
Look at the end of the day, you are allowed to protest about someone having a go at "your brothers".

Well I have Scandanavian blood so I am merely letting you know that there are some prepared to stand up for what they believe in.

Did I not see a post about Danes being silly, they are far from silly, they speak freely and so do I.

If you don't then your life is worthless.

And in regards to the whole silly thing i could have used a lot more offensive words. The thing is everyone has the right to express an opinion but not everyone agrees with it also it seems when muslims do or say something its wrong or too extreme.
bigrico
Because the majority of Danes are not muslim, so they can joke about something that is not sensitive to them thats why .

Get over it.
You intentionally ignored the point.

Now, back to my post. "Why 'joke' about something they know is very sensitive to billions of people?". It's called respect.
Reply 16922
bigrico
Because the majority of Danes are not muslim, so they can joke about something that is not sensitive to them thats why .

Get over it.

Your ignorance is rather funny.

From what i see you are saying if your Muslim then you can't joke or take a joke. However i could not disagree with you more, Muslims joke around have a laugh but not at the expense of others and preferably without harming others beliefs or worse ridiculing them.
Reply 16923
Weird and Wonderful
If you donit then your life is worthless.

And in regards to the whole silly thing i could have used a lot more offensive words. The thing is everyone has the right to express an opinion but not everyone agrees with it also it seems when muslims do or say something its wrong or too extreme.

Muslims have every right to express an opinion, I have no problem with that, but when it is violent and vitriolic then I do.

The thing that annoys me is that it seems to be absolutely everything they have a problem,

The thing is in Western soceity you are allowed to speak freely, you are allowed to use satire and dark humour.

Its only words and pictures, "sticks and stones" and all that.

Surely it would make more sense to rise above it than fall for the bait.

Denmark is a country in Northern Europe with a popluation of vastly non-muslims so therefore if they want to have a joke about Islam they are well within their rights to do so.
Its not just muslims people joke about,accents,other religions,creed,colour,falling down.

As I said rise above it.
Reply 16924
justfarhan
You intentionally ignored the point.

Now, back to my post. "Why 'joke' about something they know is very sensitive to billions of people?". It's called respect.

Because it is not sensitive to them, do you not understand.

Its like people joking about blondes or Irish people, its a joke.

Look, I bet the majority of Danes do not know how sensitive Muslims are about their religion and they probably dont care.

Why respect someone you dont know, I dont respect someone until they have earned.

I certainly would not respect someone just because they have a religion
bigrico
Because it is not sensitive to them, do you not understand.

Its like people joking about blondes or Irish people, its a joke.

Look, I bet the majority of Danes do not know how sensitive Muslims are about their religion and they probably dont care.

Why respect someone you dont know, I dont respect someone until they have earned.

I certainly would not respect someone just because they have a religion
Oh my God.

Sometimes I wonder if you act stupid or if it comes naturally.

In simple terms, ever heard of: "Learn to respect others, and they will respect you". Now why would Muslims respect people who do not respect them?

Then you bloody whine when Muslims are offended.
Reply 16926
bigrico
Muslims have every right to express an opinion, I have no problem with that, but when it is violent and vitriolic then I do.

The thing that annoys me is that it seems to be absolutely everything they have a problem,

The thing is in Western soceity you are allowed to speak freely, you are allowed to use satire and dark humour.

Its only words and pictures, "sticks and stones" and all that.

Surely it would make more sense to rise above it than fall for the bait.

Denmark is a country in Northern Europe with a popluation of vastly non-muslims so therefore if they want to have a joke about Islam they are well within their rights to do so.
Its not just muslims people joke about,accents,other religions,creed,colour,falling down.

As I said rise above it.

Fair enough i suppose but as i am a muslim i find there so called humour sad and rather disgusting.

i think the main thing is that Islam just does not fit in the western way of life. People build there religon around there lives and it should be the other way around.

But i feel any country cussing any religion is wrong and it should not be tolerated.

Born and bred in the UK i understand the humour but when it causes offence to millions across the globe then it is not classed as humour and if you do then your rather tastless.
Reply 16927
justfarhan
Oh my God.

In simple terms, ever heard of: "Learn to respect others, and they will respect you". Now why would Muslims respect people who do not respect them?

Oh Farhan didn't you know Muslims can't take offence to anything (!) :rolleyes:

Double standards.
Reply 16928
justfarhan
Oh my God.

You have got some cheek, muslims whine about absolutely everything.

The Danes are not asking Muslims to respect them, they are merely having a laugh at their expense.

Look at the end of the day, I have really tried hard to respect and like Muslims but at some point you have to say, whats the point.

People tell jokes okay, about religion or whatever, if you dont find them funny or they insult you, ignore them and they will soon give up.
Reply 16929
bigrico
You have got some cheek, muslims whine about absolutely everything.

The Danes are not asking Muslims to respect them, they are merely having a laugh at their expense.

Look at the end of the day, I have really tried hard to respect and like Muslims but at some point you have to say, whats the point.

People tell jokes okay, about religion or whatever, if you dont find them funny or they insult you, ignore them and they will soon give up.

Talking of give up i give up with you. :p:

You don't actually answer any of the questions which are posed you merely ignore them and bring up different points.

I don't think any person of any particular faith is prepared to sit and laugh at there own expense! That is just ridiculous!

When others whine its called debating (especially when it is about Islam) but for Muslims its called whining. :rolleyes:
Reply 16930
Weird and Wonderful
Fair enough i suppose but as i am a muslim i find there so called humour sad and rather disgusting.

Okay, thats cool everyone has different tastes.

i think the main thing is that Islam just does not fit in the western way of life. People build there religon around there lives and it should be the other way around.

People can do as they wish as long as others are not suffering at their expense

But i feel any country cussing any religion is wrong and it should not be tolerated.

Eh! lots of people are offended by religion and all the proplems it has caused in the world, are they not allowed to have a go at it, people should not have to walk on eggshells where religion is concerned.

Born and bred in the UK i understand the humour but when it causes offence to millions across the globe then it is not classed as humour and if you do then your rather tastless.

Why get offended by a joke, just brush it aside, surely there are more important things to get upset about
Reply 16931
Weird and Wonderful
Talking of give up i give up with you. :p:

You don't actually answer any of the questions which are posed you merely ignore them and bring up different points.

I don't think any person of any particular faith is prepared to sit and laugh at there own expense! That is just ridiculous!

When others whine its called debating (especially when it is about Islam) but for Muslims its called whining. :rolleyes:

ASk me any question you want and I will answer it, I have nothing to hide
Reply 16932
bigrico
Why get offended by a joke, just brush it aside, surely there are more important things to get upset about

When your religion is your life then its not.

And to a Muslim what could be possibly more important. Our beloved prophet for who this whole world was created is being ridiculed and we should just brush it aside? Now your being silly!
Reply 16933
Weird and Wonderful
When your religion is your life then its not.

And to a Muslim what could be possibly more important. Our beloved prophet for who this whole world was created is being ridiculed and we should just brush it aside? Now your being silly!

WEll to a lot of people religion has nothing to do with their life, yet it infringes on it whether they like it or not.

Look I understand your religion means a lot to you and fair play to you but it does not mean everyone has to think the same and treat people who are religious with kid gloves.

I do not know and I am sure many other do not know much about Islam, nor do I know much about Hindus or any other.

So therefore how do I know what is offensive.

If I make a quip or a lighthearted jibe and everyone goes nuts then it would make me disdain that religion even more would it not
Reply 16934
bigrico
WEll to a lot of people religion has nothing to do with their life, yet it infringes on it whether they like it or not.

Look I understand your religion means a lot to you and fair play to you but it does not mean everyone has to think the same and treat people who are religious with kid gloves.

I do not know and I am sure many other do not know much about Islam, nor do I know much about Hindus or any other.

So therefore how do I know what is offensive.

If I make a quip or a lighthearted jibe and everyone goes nuts then it would make me disdain that religion even more would it not

Well you make a fair point there.

I for one was deeply upset with what happened i went on a few protests but nothing to radical as some may think.

but i feel that people who don't know about religion etc should really make an effort and if not then try not to cause offense. And if they inadvertently do then come and apologize straight Like the Pope did.

If you are unaware of something then that does not make it right to abuse or take the mic out of it. And i find it hard to believe that in this day and age people still are not learned about religion. As in the basic facts.
Reply 16935
Well this has been great but i better head of to bed got an early morning. Bigrico feel free to PM me sometime if you wanna debate or have any questions!

Peace.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.
Reply 16936
Weird and Wonderful
Well you make a fair point there.

I for one was deeply upset with what happened i went on a few protests but nothing to radical as some may think.

but i feel that people who don't know about religion etc should really make an effort and if not then try not to cause offense. And if they inadvertently do then come and apologize straight Like the Pope did.

I fyou are unaware of something then that does not make it right to abuse or take the mic out of it. And i find it hard to believe that in this day and age people still are not learned about religion. As in the basic facts.

Well cool, peaceful protests and organized protests let people know that you are offended but are also that you are not something to be scared or upset by.

For me I dont want to learn to much about religion because I think it corrupts people into not being able to think for themselves.
But thats me, I would never say I am right and religious people are wrong to believe in what they believe in.
I believe what I believe because I had a horrendous time being brought up as a Christian and I never believed any of it.
But maybe you are right maybe I should learn a bit about religions but then sometimes I feel, why should I , I dont believe in God or prophets but yeah you are right I should not attack people who do and I dont.

What I do stand up for is free speech and I admit sometimes people overstep the mark but I feel its a price that has to be paid for the right to speak freely.
Reply 16937
o0MorseyMan0o
I prefer to pm but i think i cant attach files using pm

so here it is... it is too disgusting

I think it is better if you delete it from your computer when you're done with it

I was going to swear but I'd let it pass.

Stupid toe rags would do for now :rolleyes:
Reply 16938
Muhammad Abuzaid
Ok now this is enough. Please muslims. If your father and mother are mocked like this you will never accept it. Didnt your prophet tell you you dont have completed faith until you love him more than anyone including yourself? The least is that we remember him in our prayers and supplications in Ramadan. Remember he told us everytime a muslim breaks his fast his prayer is answered and in the last third of the night Allah comes down to us and answers our prayers and now we are in the last 10 nights of Ramadan. The least we can do for someone who has shaped our lives is to remember him in our prayers. Best of peace and blessings be upon him.

I agree :smile:
Its Socrates Bday!

Latest