A Y A Z
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salatul Tasbih
For forgiveness of All Sins

Benefits of Salat-Ul-Tasbih
Our Beloved Prophet Mohammed (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) said to his uncle (father’s brother) Sayyiduna Abbass (may Allah be pleased with him) Oh uncle shall I not give you Shall I not grant you Shall I not award you Shall I not do mercy on you When you do 10 things Allah will forgive your sins: of the future and of the past; new and old; those you have forgotten and those you did knowingly; big and small; hidden and revealed. Then he (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) explained the taught the way to pray Salatul Tasbih and then said if you can pray this salah once a day, if you can not pray once a day then every Friday, and even if this is not possible then once a month and even if this is not possible then once a year and even if this is not possible then at least once in a lifetime (Abu’Dawood & Tirimzi)

How to perform Salatul Tasbih?
This salaat (namaz) is offered in four rakat at a time and can be read in any part of the day and night besides Zawal and Sunrise and Sunset makrooh times, keeping in mind the forbidden times for performing Salat (namaaz). But is is preferred before Zuhr (Fatawa Alamgeeri)

The Tasbih to be read in Salaat-Ul-Tasbeeh:
" Subhaan Allahi Wal Hamdulillahi Wa Laa ilaha illal Laahu Wallahu Akbar "

Method:
Goal is to recite above Tasbih 300 times in Four Rakah with the following method.
In the first rakaat, after reading Sana "Subhaana Kallahumma...", read the above tasbih 15 times.
Now recite Aaoz "Aoozubillah...", Bismillah "Bismillah...", Then read sura Fatiha and a Surah or minimum of three small Ayayhs then read the tasbih 10 times again.
Go to ruku saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar), after reciting "Subhaana Rabbiyal Azeem" minimum of three times read the tasbih 10 times in Ruku.
Saying "Samee Allahu Liman Hamidah Rabbana Lakal Hamdh" get up from ruku to qiyam position.
Now read the tasbih 10 times.
Go to Sajdah saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar) and after reciting "Subhaana Rabbiyal A'la" minimum of three times read the tasbih 10 times in Sajdah.
Now go after first Sajdah go to Jalsa (sitting position) saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar). Sitting in Jalsa read tasbih 10 times.
Go to sajda again saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar) and after reciting "Subhaana Rabbiyal A'la" minimum of three times read the tasbih 10 times in Sajdah again.
Get up to begin 2nd rakat saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar).
Do rakah #2 in same fashion, but before reading Bismillah "Bismillah...", and Surah Fatiha, read the tasbih 15 times. Follow the rest as you did in first Rakat.
After second Sajdah of Second Rakat sit in Qaidah Oola (first sitting) read Attahiyat, Durood and Dua then get up for 3rd rakaat without saying Salam.
Begin third Rakat, just like the first Rakat, with Sana "Subhaana Kallahumma...", read the above tasbih 15 times. Follow the rest as you did in first Rakat untill you sit for Qaidah Akihra (last sitting) after second sajdah of fourth Rakah.
In Qaidah Akihra Attahiyat, Durood, Dua finish Salah with Salam.

Special notes for Salat-Ul-Tasbih:
1) Do not count loudly. It will break Salah
2) Do not count on fingers or by holding a Bead Tasbih in hand. It is Makruh.
3) You may count by pressing the fingers as a reminder. For example if you are in Ruku. You me press pinky of your right hand first for the first count, then the finger next to it for second count, then the middle finger for third count, following this method untill you reach the pinky of left hand will give you an exact count of ten. Use the same method in Qayam, Sajdah and Jalsa.
4) If missed a count then make it up in the next posture. For example if forgot to recite Tasbih after Surah in Qayam. Then you may recite Tasbish 20 times instead of 10 in Rukuh after "Subhaana Rabbiyal Azeem". Missed Tasbih cannot be recited in Qayam after ruku and Jalsa between Sajdah. If you missed the Tasbih in Ruku then recite 20 in the first Sajdah instead of the Qayam after rukuh. Similarly if missed the Tasbih in first Sajdah then do not make it up in Jalsa. Instead recite missed tasbih in the second Sajdah. If Tasbih has been missed in last sajdah of second or fourth Rakah then you can recite the missed ones before Attahiyat in Qaidah.
5) If you miss a wajib in Salah and have to do Sajdah Sahaw. You dont have to recite Tasbih in Sajdah sahoo, since the 300 count has been estalished. But if you had missed Tasbih in any of the postures and remeber it now. Then you may recite the missed Tasbih in Sajdah Sahaw now.
6) It is preferable to recite after Surah Fatiha Sura Takathuur in the first raka’, Surah Wal A’sr in the second raka’, Surah Kaferoon (qul ya aiyuhal Kafiroon) in the third and Surah Akhlas (Qul hu Allah-hu ahd) in the fourth raka’. If one does not remember these surah they can recite the ones they prefer.

May Allah accept this dua’ (supplication) for the sake of the trustworthy PROPHET MOHAMMED (Allah’s Grace & Peace be upon him)
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hopes this helps tonight guys! Remember me in your prayers!
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wearing Metallic band watch during Salaat

Q: How is it to wear a watch with metallic band? Most of the Imams wear such watches and take them off during Namaz, what is the verdict on such Imam?
A: To wear a metallic band watch and perform Namaz in it is not allowed. Like Alahazrat Imam Ahmad Raza Muhaddis-e-Barelvi (Rehmatullah Alaih) wrote: Watch's band of Gold and silver for Man is HARAM and of other metals is prohibited. To perform Namaz or do Imamat wearing prohibited things is Makrooh-e-Tehreemi (Must repeat Namaz)-(Ahkam-e-Shariat, Part two, page 170) and it's OK to perform Namaz behind Imams who wear such watches but take them off during Namaz. Hazrat Sadru-sh-Shariat Alaih Rehma used to perform Namaz wearing a watch and for the question on Imamat he said: If watch's band is of some metal like Gold, Silver, Brass etc. then Namaaz will be Makrooh. Namaz should be performed after removing them. (Fatawa-e-Amjadia, Part one, Page 137)--Allah Ta'ala Knows the best.
~style
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey where did you get that from? Because the quran was not revealed on the 27th of Ramadan. Its just Ubay ibn Ka'ab witnessed it on that night. Laylatul Alqadr changes all the time by the way. It was the 21st of Ramadan when the quran was revealed, according to very good methods and calculations by the writer of the sealed nectar.
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got it from this site: www.islamacademy.com
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Methods?
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yea like how all seera historians (or the vast majority) agree that the first revelation was on Monday, this is confirmed by a hadith which is irrelevant right now. And according to astronomers Monday could have only been the 7th, 14th, 21st or 28th of Ramadan. Also we know that it could only have been on the odd last 10 nights, which is confirmed by more hadiths. So we are left with the 21st of Ramadan, and Allah in the quran says the first revelation was on Laylatul Qadr.

This is just a summary of what he said, translated by myself from his Arabic version of the sealed nectar. Great book by an amazing man, I highly reccomend it.
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
An irrelevant Hadith? Astronomers? Calculations? I'm really lost!
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:confused:
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lol, I really don't know how to expalin it further. Just try reading it slower again.
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Laylatul Qadr is always on the 27th of Ramadan.
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Care to give me evidence for like I gave evidence against?
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes I will. But as soon as I pray Asr. And open my fast :p:
I'll send you a P.M.
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So if what you say is correct, Laylatul Qadar is not today (27th Ramadan)?
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by A Y A Z)
Yes I will. But as soon as I pray Asr. And open my fast :p:
I'll send you a P.M.
Inshallah.

But please don't make it a long article. Just a short post like I did for you.

Pleeeeeeeeease.
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:rofl:

Yes, I'll do that. I have to go thru a lot of books first. I've never heard about anyone making 'calculations' to determine Islamic dates!
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So if what you say is correct, Laylatul Qadar is not today (27th Ramadan)?
Its not what I say, its what schollars say.

Also this year it could be the 27th, you never know. I personally felt like it was the 21st this year. But like I said you never know.
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well, its the 27th now, and its all over the papers that tonight is Laylatul Qadr. Plus, mosques all over will pray Salat Al-Tasbeeh... thats how its been since the day I was born, and even before that!

Its the same in Saudi Arabia. Surely, if there was something like this, everyone must have realised.
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:rofl:

Yes, I'll do that. I have to go thru a lot of books first. I've never heard about anyone making 'calculations' to determine Islamic dates!
I guess the word calculation isnt accurate in this case. Even though it is used to determine past dates, otherwise it can be very tedious to count back. Either way what I quoted above isn't exactly calculations at all if you read carefully.
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well, its the 27th now, and its all over the papers that tonight is Laylatul Qadr. Plus, mosques all over will pray Salat Al-Tasbeeh... thats how its been since the day I was born, and even before that!

Its the same in Saudi Arabia. Surely, if there was something like this, everyone must have realised.
How can they know before the night? And why do you think people do i'tikaf for the whole 10 nights rather than the 27th? Its because they realised it at the prophet's time through his sunnah, peace and blessings be upon him.

EDIT: And how one Earth can anyone know it for sure when even our prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, didnt?!?!

EDIT no.2: Since when do we base our religion on the papers? According to them we are terrorists along with our prophet, peace and blessings be upon him.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (221)
28.01%
No (568)
71.99%

Watched Threads