The Student Room Group
Reply 17160
.S.O.S.
of course they are....if you want to believe scientific theories are the answers they are to you, if you want to believe astrology have the answers they have for you, if you want to BELIEVE, its all about belif, we believe we are living in reality, we are 3D, not a computer simulation, etc.

100% true. But you not believing 1 + 1 = 2 doesnt change that fact. You just get to loose out on using it and benefiting from it.
Reply 17161
.S.O.S.
right now i feel...confusion? some emotion dont know the word for it, a bit low.

What kind of response do you expect from us/anyone to ease this confusion? You can't be confused for the rest of you're life. Surely you don't want that. You either believe or you don't.

I can see where you're coming from. You want answers. We all do. You want to know why you were born. Is there a purpose? Who created you? Etc
Maybe you're finding it hard to accept some stuff in the Quran.

I'm sure you have some faith left in you...since you haven't completely decided against Islam. I advise you to do a little research. Read some Islamic books that challenge science. You never know….some of your questions may be answered.

:smile:
yeah
Reply 17163
justfarhan
Just a thought, I think Canada is too big a country to share between two people? :s:

:frown:

Sure!

I'm Canadian so the country belongs to me anyway :p:
Reply 17164
Milli
Sure!

Is everyone on tsr canadian or just isoc?
Milli
Sure!

At the rate you two are going Abuzaid and i (metaphorically) might come and take it by force! :wink:
so fajr 2 juhor 4 ashor 4 magrib 3 aisha 4? salaat
what if you miss them? due to uni etc/ you have to make up/
Reply 17167
Muhammad Abuzaid
Is everyone on tsr canadian or just isoc?

Apart from me no one else is Canadian :p:
Hi everyone. I would like to know what it means when in the Qur'an it talks about guarding your chastisement except to your wives and to your female captives whom your right hand posess. Do that mean your allowed to have sex with a female slave even if you have a wife? Wouldnt that be adultery?

Jazakumallah khair
Milli
Sure!

Hey I'm Canadian too! :hmmm:

You can have the half next to the U.S :p:
Reply 17170
.S.O.S.
so fajr 2 juhor 4 ashor 4 magrib 3 aisha 4? salaat
what if you miss them? due to uni etc/ you have to make up/

The numbers for the compulsory prayers are perfect, do you mind if I just correct the spellings? I'll take that as a yes.

Fajr 2 Zuhr 4 Asr 4 Maghrib 3 Isha 4

Try your best not to miss them, like lunch times and so. But if there is no chance but to miss it then yes you have to make it up. Unless you intend to miss it then you can't make it up, just too late. And this is the rulling of the majority which I quoted.
.S.O.S.
like my fascination with space....How wonderfull i see it to be, beautiful, full of mystery there waiting for us to explore....the whole universe....to understand it, to learn, havn't come across anyone yet with the same passion. most people too busy with life, to stop and wonder. question why, how, what will happen if....are religions right? where is god? is god a human concept, are we fooling ourselves? or does god really exists, which religion is right? what are we humans? is there an afterlife?
I have soo many question and little answers, soo many emotions, i dont know what they are myself.

I had it - a few years ago. Was in love with the sky and stars and planets. The whole universe. I bought a telescope and visited observatories. Looked at pictures taken by Hubble and felt indescribably longing. I still think astronomy is fascinating.
The universe is so beautiful how can you not think God created it all.
Reply 17172
asadtamimi
Hi everyone. I would like to know what it means when in the Qur'an it talks about guarding your chastisement except to your wives and to your female captives whom your right hand posess. Do that mean your allowed to have sex with a female slave even if you have a wife? Wouldnt that be adultery?

Jazakumallah khair

Yes you are allowed to. But slavery ceases to exist today which just makes the question pointeless. Bear in mind there is too many restricting rules to this, e.g. you are not allowed to buy a slave. These conditions were introduced to end slavery.
Reply 17173
The Green Manalishi
At the rate you two are going Abuzaid and i (metaphorically) might come and take it by force! :wink:

Over my dead body :cool: :biggrin:

justfarhan
Hey I'm Canadian too! :hmmm:

You can have the half next to the U.S :p:

You're from Bangladesh. Be proud :p:

Any part of Canada i'm happy with :smile:
Milli
You're from Bangladesh. Be proud :p:

Any part of Canada i'm happy with :smile:
Bangladesh? Neva herd of da word :s:

What part is your Canadian side of the family from in Canada?
Reply 17175
justfarhan
Bangladesh? Neva herd of da word :s:

What part is your Canadian side of the family from in Canada?

Dad's from Toronto
Milli
Dad's from Toronto
Wow, that's where I live! :biggrin:

I go to the University of Toronto btw, just so you know.
Totenkopf
I had it - a few years ago. Was in love with the sky and stars and planets. The whole universe. I bought a telescope and visited observatories. Looked at pictures taken by Hubble and felt indescribably longing. I still think astronomy is fascinating.
The universe is so beautiful how can you not think God created it all.

but ive said i think a higher being exists, god...or something, someone must have created it something beyond our grasp, i don't know what though.
HAd?!! say you have...how can any not love the stars...twinkling, nebulas, ideas of black holes, supernovas, birth of stars. All the various galaxies.
Reply 17178
justfarhan
Wow, that's where I live! :biggrin:

I go to the University of Toronto btw, just so you know.

Which part of Toronto may I ask? Give me in details? :rolleyes:

University of Toronto? So how was it?

:p:
.S.O.S.
but ive said i think a higher being exists, god...or something, someone must have created it something beyond our grasp, i don't know what though.
Ermm, why not think it was Allah who did so?

Latest