The I-soc (Islamic Society) Watch

This discussion is closed.
Bluefairy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
is it wrong for me to talk to boys/have a friend that is a boy? because theres lots of boys on my course hard to avoid them, without being labelled a 'sexist'. when i mean friend, i mean as in hang out with them during breaks and walk to lectures rooms like that. like in mixed groups.
Hureeya
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
so what're your choices of unis, in order of preferance?
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by .S.O.S.)
do u know why i know all that rubbish lol, because i had to do a coursework about the moon.
O yes of course, courseworks. Don't they make things stick, I really hate them though.

Did you also know the Moon has split and joined up again at one peroid in time.
Hureeya
Report 12 years ago
SOS are you agnostic?
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
is it wrong for me to talk to boys/have a friend that is a boy? because theres lots of boys on my course hard to avoid them, without being labelled a 'sexist'. when i mean friend, i mean as in hang out with them during breaks and walk to lectures rooms like that. like in mixed groups.
That takes ages to answer.

I suggest this website, very nice.

Islam - Question and Answer

Its a site to be trusted. Trust me, lol. Run by a very known Sheikh in the Arab and muslim world.
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Muhammad Abuzaid)
O yes of course, courseworks. Don't they make things stick, I really hate them though.

Did you also know the Moon has split and joined up again at one peroid in time.
erm no dont think i heard that theory.

but i know the moon has rilles, wrinkle ridges, craters, the shadow terminator, darker areas called maria and lighter called terrae i think....mariae has basalt content i think...due to lava flow from broken crusts
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Hureeya)
so what're your choices of unis, in order of preferance?
Imperial, Oxford, UCL, Warwick, Birmingham then Bath.

You?

Unless you were not referring to me, lol. :rolleyes:
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
SOS are you agnostic?
i googled that word

and it that description seems to fit me kinda...except im more lenient towards god existing, but yea there seems to be no definate yes or no of his existance.
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
but yea there seems to be no definate yes or no of his existance.
If there was then there would be no point of life and a judgement day then a Hell or Paradise.
Hureeya
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Muhammad Abuzaid)
Imperial, Oxford, UCL, Warwick, Birmingham then Bath.

You?

Unless you were not referring to me, lol. :rolleyes:
Well, I'm already at uni.

Manchester. That's a good list you got there.
Hureeya
Report 12 years ago
i googled that word

and it that description seems to fit me kinda...except im more lenient towards god existing, but yea there seems to be no definate yes or no of his existance.
I'm surprised you didn't know it's meaning already

do you have any siblings?
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well, I'm already at uni.

Manchester. That's a good list you got there.
I was going to apply there if it wasn't so far and I wanted to commute. So what do you study there? And which year again?
Milli
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I wouldn't say its right and I wouldn't say it's wrong either. Confused? I thought so :p:

Its okay to speak to boys during lessons since you will be talking about work and you can't avoid that. You'll be in a mixed environment for the rest of your life due your chosen career...so you have to get used to interacting and working together with guys.

However, hanging out with them outside the classroom isn't okay...since you will be discussing other stuff apart from work. One thing will lead to another and before you know it you've fallen for him.

~ABR~
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Good question, it applies to me too

And what about chatting, if you have girls on messenger is it wrong too?
Milli
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by o0MorseyMan0o)
Good question, it applies to me too

And what about chatting, if you have girls on messenger is it wrong too?
I wouldn't say it's wrong because it's not possible (so I believe) to fancy someone over the net. Then again others argue that you might fall in love with his/her personality.
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
I wouldn't say it's wrong because it's not possible (so I believe) to fancy someone over the net. Then again others argue that you might fall in love with his/her personality.
I read the second part of your answer written by a group of schollars but never came across the first part myself. And love is usually for a personality rather than just looks.
~ABR~
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
but yea there seems to be no definate yes or no of his existance.
I saw lectures of Sheikh Muhammad Al-Shaarawy.... great figure of Muslim scholars.

And about that topic he said that Allah is loved by His believers, and if Allah made it compulsory to believe in Him and did not give His servants the power to choose then how will He be loved?
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm surprised you didn't know it's meaning already

do you have any siblings?
I have 3 brothers
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I saw lectures of Sheikh Muhammad Al-Shaarawy.... great figure of Muslim scholars.

And about that topic he said that Allah is loved by His believers, and if Allah made it compulsory to believe in Him and did not give His servants the power to choose then how will He be loved?
Sheikh Muhammad Al-Shaarawy is a legend. I Havn't heard the Quran expalined as well as he does it. May Allah reward him Paradise.
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

he would be loved because we KNOW he is our creator, and all powerful etc.
having that definate knowledge gives a secure feeling.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (130)
18.6%
No (422)
60.37%
Not really bothered about them (147)
21.03%

Watched Threads