The Student Room Group
Reply 17740
justfarhan
:biggrin:

Yeah I wear one during the morning of Eid (to the mosque etc) then change into my other clothes.

I'm not really comfortable with them though as much as I'd like to be, like, I can't kick when I'm wearing one :p: If I try to, my leg just stops half way :smile:

I can of course, lift it up and kick, but then I'd look like a girl.

Haha! :biggrin:

I could say the same thing about the abayah. Once tried wearing it....wasn't too comfortable :p:

The question is...why would you want to kick?
Muhammad Abuzaid
I remember this happening the other day and our Imam told us to make it up so I take it it doesn't matter whether its Fard or just Nafal. But to be sure I just checked and found a fatwa in arabic to confirm this. Sujood al-sahw.

EDIT:And a slightly more detailed one.

Thanks alot! :smile:
Milli

I could say the same thing about the abayah. Once tried wearing it....wasn't too comfortable :p:

I wear that in Saudi minus the niqaab..its a lot less stress free than normal clothes:smile:
I've got another question and hopefully this'll lead to some Islamic discussion and dialogue!

I was on another forum and the topic of discussion was the way brothers dress. One sis pointed out that we should preferably be wearing Islamic dress (e.g. thowbs and caps) instead of trousers and shirts and she was also saying that the trousers of some men are not concealing enough e.g. when you bend to sit your thighs are pressed against the material...

Anyone like to give their views? I don't mean this as a joke because her rebuttal was sound - It was that women who are supposed to be less strong than men go around with hijab/ khimar but then we have beards and short trousers (above ankles) She then went on to say they have abayahs and if they can do it then why can't the men?

Raises some good questions...

Men should wear loose clothes, be that a thowb or trousers. I've seen some guys wear thowbs that could constitute to a second skin.( :puke: ) I believe it depends on the community live in. Wearing a thowb as opposed to loose trousers in the Western communities would probably do much more harm than good, not to mention rather difficult to go to school or work with(if it is in anyway possible). However, if you were living in Arab countries for example, both are very accepted by the society. In Saudi Arabia for example, the public schools including some private ones (that teach the Saudi tawjihiya curriculum) uniform for the boys is a thowb. In this case, wearing a thowb would probably be better than wearing trousers. After all, how loose can they get whilst still remaining formal?

Even if men wore loose trousers, bending down in rukoo and sujood for example would still make the material cling to the body….which is can be an issue if women are praying behind the men(maybe not that big of an issue, but one nonetheless), or worse ……certain other men. :flute:
Milli

What's an abayah? :p:

Umm because, I'm a footballer :redface: and err me and my little bro always play football and play fight and stuff.

Okay kicking was just one small example!

:tsr2:
Reply 17745
I wear thawbs and only thawbs in islamic countries. Unless they are all in the wash lol. Just more convenient to wear loose trousers and shirts here. And clothes clinge to you whether they were trousers or thawbs anyway. I guess not as much so I'll take that back. But wearing a thawb in this country would attract the certain other men Muhiba are on about.
lil_one
I wear that in Saudi minus the niqaab..its a lot less stress free than normal clothes:smile:

:ditto:

I love my abaayas. They spare all the 'Dang, this is too tight...I must find something else to wear' or 'What can I wear that's hijab appropriate yet not kill me of heat stroke in this bright, sunny, 45 degree day?'.
I had quite few issues with clothes in my visits to Western countries. Hey, at least I had a legitimate reason to go on a shopping spree.:wink:
I'm applying to be a volunteer for Muslim Aid, I just hope I get it :smile:
mizfissy815
:ditto:

I love my abaayas. They spare all the 'Dang, this is too tight...I must find something else to wear' or 'What can I wear that's hijab appropriate yet not kill me of heat stroke in this bright, sunny, 45 degree day?'.
I had quite few issues with clothes in my visits to Western countries. Hey, at least I had a legitimate reason to go on a shopping spree.:wink:

lol yeh. Its just way more practical to wear it in the Middle East. Here its different, although I should obviouslly still wear islamic dress, its really hard:redface:
Reply 17749
Oh my god. I was just arguying with loads of people about homosexuality and islam somewhere on TSR. At first it was going good but then it felt like I was getting ganged up on I couldn't even follow all the replies after a while. I was still replying to page 7 while the whole thread moved up to page 9. I don't think I ever lost an argument in my life until today.
Muhammad Abuzaid
Oh my god. I was just arguying with loads of people about homosexuality and islam somewhere on TSR. At first it was going good but then it felt like I was getting ganged up on I couldn't even follow all the replies after a while. I was still replying to page 7 while the whole thread moved up to page 9. I don't think I ever lost an argument in my life until today.
I'd be lying if I said you're not doing well :smile:

Any neg reps, just let me know. :yy:
Reply 17751
justfarhan
I'd be lying if I said you're not doing well :smile:

Any neg reps, just let me know. :yy:

I would have to stay until 2 in the morning in order to reply to everything thats already posted, don't forget by then there will be more to reply to. Also after replying to something I relise it has already been answered so I sound like I am going in circles. Plus some replies need scientific quotes to be researched. And I wanted to neg someone because he started swearing after loosing an argument but I posd him by mistake lol. Everything is going too confusing now. :frown:
Lol aww :p: Who did you want to neg?

Btw, you can get that pos rep reversed by making a thread here http://thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=93 Just say that you accidently pos repped someone instead of negged and say to which person it was, simple.
Reply 17753
justfarhan
Lol aww :p: Who did you want to neg?

Btw, you can get that pos rep reversed by making a thread here http://thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=93 Just say that you accidently pos repped someone instead of negged and say to which person it was, simple.

Interesting...:y:

EDIT: I can't remember who I repd anymore!!!
Isoc will be closed soon..........nearly reachin tha 20000 post limit
Reply 17755
Don't tell me a third one will be made? We should get some reward for that. Like one of the leaders become a mod or something.
^ lol

I suppose there will be a 3rd one made.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the ISOC has the most members? It's definitely up there.
Reply 17757
The way I knew this was the most active society is that it always appears on the front page of the forum for the last post lol.
Assalamu Alaikum,
JazakhAllah for your views on Islamic clothing for men. While i feel it might get more attention there's the good side to it anyway, such as looking more like a muslim :p:

EDIT: I'll reply more later :smile:
Reply 17759
Oh the beard shows I am a muslim nicely. Don't forget the short trousers, that certainly draws attention, specialy when I am riding my bike lol. But I would freeze to death if I wore the thawb. And don't tell me to wear western clothes underneath because that would contradict the whole idea. Also the bike would be impossible to ride then. BY the way the companions didn't wear thawbs did they? Otherwise how was it possible to ride a horse or fight a war? I recall different descriptions of what they wore back then. The closest today is what Pakistanis call Shalwar Kameez even though thats derived from arabic lol. I think companions just wore trousers and some type of cloth to cover with on top. Don't quote me on this though.

Latest