The I-soc (Islamic Society) Watch

This discussion is closed.
mizfissy815
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Muhammad Abuzaid)
Yup The University of Madina. Considering the course for Usool Aldeen inshallah. Even my mother doesnt know this yet lol. Yea I also considered Imam Muhammad's, Aluthaimeen used to teach there by the way lol, but nothing beats being in Madina. I also looked at the Mecca one but didnt much like the courses.

This plan inshallah would cover the next 13 years you know. I am not 100% sure what I have in mind after that, well I do but it sounds silly right now so lets leave it there lol.

How about you? You havnt told me any of your plans yet. What are you doing right now?

EDIT: I never ever been to Saudi Arabia by the way.
Lol. True. Afterall, Allah is the Best of Planners.
Don't worry you'll love it. I did.

I'm taking a gap year this year and applying for Chemistry InshaAllah. I hope to work in the research field InshaAllah...hopefully in a few years time, the ME would be more accommodating to female scientists that aren't pharmacists or doctors.

I'm also applying to a few unis in the ME, mainly in UAE, Jordan and per my dad's request, Saudi Arabia. My only problem is that I wish to have a degree that would help me acquire a job a enjoy to earn for myself and family if need be. Getting only a degree in Islamic studies and it's branches, as woman would force me to rely on other people(family or husband) for financial support, something I don't want to do.

Abbas- Yeah, I've heard of it. I used to attend the biggest (international) school in KSA...the one with schools in almost every city of the Kingdom. It's Jeddah one is rather ....ummm...infamous to say the least. The one in Riyadh is a little more stable. I'm not gonna name it but I think you know which one I'm talking about.
~style
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yea I am on a gap year too lol. So which universities have you applied to or plannign to apply to?

Yea I lived in UAE, doesn't even feel like an arabic country there let alone muslim. Sharjah is much more islamic than Dubai is though, even though they are only 5 minutes away from eachother lol, but traffic makes it an hour! Because most people tend to live in Sharjah but work in Dubai.

You are a female and worried about islamic studies because you will end up depending on your husband which is normal anyway and accepted in Islam. I am a male, are you trying to put me off here? Then again your rizq is written for you. So you will make the same money whether you sell uranium or chips, better choose something you like then.
mizfissy815
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yea I am on a gap year too lol. So which universities have you applied to or plannign to apply to?

Yea I lived in UAE, doesn't even feel like an arabic country there let alone muslim. Sharjah is much more islamic than Dubai is though, even though they are only 5 minutes away from eachother lol, but traffic makes it an hour! Because most people tend to live in Sharjah but work in Dubai.

You are a female and worried about islamic studies because you will end up depending on your husband which is normal anyway and accepted in Islam. I am a male, are you trying to put me off here? Then again your rizq is written for you. So you will make the same money whether you sell uranium or chips, better choose something you like then.
That's why can honestly say I hate Dubai (minus the shopping stores of course :p: ). My family is moving soon, InshaAllah as it is getting a little too much now. My older bro, younger sisters and I understand right from wrong, even though the younger ones can still be influenced...they're a little more mature than my little bro. My parents don't want him specifically to come 'of age' in this country and I don't blame them.

That's true. I have no problem with my future husband taking care of the household expenses, but I don't want to rely on him completely. What happens if one day decides to pack up his things and leave? I have to have something fall back on to look not only after myslef but of any children of mine. Not to mention, I will be supporting my parents (InshaAllah) in their old age and any other family members who would need help. Somalia isn't exactly the most stable of countries nor the wealthiest.
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yea no one can diss the shopping malls there, I owe a few kilos to them. Yea Most of my family used to live there. THey are leaving one by one though. Some came London, others went Sudan and some even Saudi. Apprantly Dubai holds the highest inflation in the arab world!

How can you blame them. I see anyone who is living in the west, for no good reason, as a traitor lol.

Somalia is currently my favourite country. For God sake they declared Jihad against Ethiopia. Now the prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said that his rizq is below his spear. So if your husband decided to take that route you will be in your room kissing your Chemistry degree. So I guess you have a point. But what yould you expect from a husband who has the islamic degree himself?
mizfissy815
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yea no one can diss the shopping malls there, I owe a few kilos to them. Yea Most of my family used to live there. THey are leaving one by one though. Some came London, others went Sudan and some even Saudi. Apprantly Dubai holds the highest inflation in the arab world!

How can you blame them. I see anyone who is living in the west, for no good reason, as a traitor lol.

Somalia is currently my favourite country. For God sake they declared Jihad against Ethiopia. Now the prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said that his rizq is below his spear. So if your husband decided to take that route you will be in your room kissing your Chemistry degree. So I guess you have a point. But what yould you expect from a husband who has the islamic degree himself?
Psst...I don't live in the West. . ...UAE but I'm not saying what city. :ninja:

Although living expenses in UAE is relatively cheaper than London, it is one of the highest in the ME.

Don't get me wrong. I'd be incredibly proud if I had a hubby with an Islamic degree. The difference is that in the ME specifically, he can do quite a lot with that and support a family. But a woman on the other hand, cannot and to some extent I'm going to have to support some people and myself. I love the ME, but there is no denying the fact that there is certain fields that would be incredibly difficult to get into as a woman.

Lol...I honestly hope that the Islamic Courts in Somalia finally bring some sort of peace and stability to the country.
Here's a fact...Somalia is now the only country in the WORLD, that your nationality doesn't matter and you would gain entrance into the country with no strings attached(no money for visa or anything else) so long as you are a Muslim. Non-Muslims have to pay for the entry clearance.
Their motto- All Muslims are welcome and if you're a Muslim you're one of us.
mizfissy815
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I missed this...
So far I have Manchester, Imperial, UCL, and Kings. I have to pick 2 more and fast.
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yea I get your point perfectly now, yea you are right. But even in London women find it hard to get some jobs. Although it differs from one country to another thats all.

Yea I keep hearing they provided peace that no one could ever dream of. And O my God. They seriously done that? WOW. I have almost dreamt of such a country. I always pictured the muslim passport which automaticaly permits you to any region within the muslim world, I even thought of which verse to have on the front cover lol. I know they also banned any form of western media there starting with the world cup, I was loving that one at the time. And most recently Alqat, I hope Yeman learns from that. You know that plant used as a drug sort of? I just ask Allah to support them. They will have to go through much Jihad to maintain an Islamic state in this world. Reminds me of the prophets time, peace and blessings be poun him, he did say Islam will end up the way it started. I always had a vision of Sudan and Somal merging into one country lol. They look so much alike as well so might just do it and get it over and done with.
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mizfissy815)
I missed this...
So far I have Manchester, Imperial, UCL, and Kings. I have to pick 2 more and fast.
O and I didn't spot this until just now. So how come you are applying to universities in England?
mizfissy815
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yea I get your point perfectly now, yea you are right. But even in London women find it hard to get some jobs. Although it differs from one country to another thats all.

Yea I keep hearing they provided peace that no one could ever dream of. And O my God. They seriously done that? WOW. I have almost dreamt of such a country. I always pictured the muslim passport which automaticaly permits you to any region within the muslim world, I even thought of which verse to have on the front cover lol. I know they also banned any form of western media there starting with the world cup, I was loving that one at the time. And most recently Alqat, I hope Yeman learns from that. You know that plant used as a drug sort of? I just ask Allah to support them. They will have to go through much Jihad to maintain an Islamic state in this world. Reminds me of the prophets time, he did say Islam will end up the way it started. I always had a vision of Sudan and Somal merging into one country lol. They look so much alike as well so might just do it and get it over and done with.
It's amazing isn't it? That would be awesome. Yes, they did close down all the cinemas and forbid the WC. But I do believe that shooting people for it is rather excessive.
Oh yes, that nasty leafy thing(I think they call it chat in Somalia). I first saw it on a trip to Ethiopia(we we're heading to Somalia and had to pass through Addis Ababa) and everyone eats it like it's some sort of gum. My dad told my siblings and I what it was and my mom warned us of every even thinking of approaching it. :p:.
Sudan and Somalia are VERY alike. But they're a little distant from one another to merge. Lool...every living person I've come across that didn't know me immediately assumed I was Sudanese. All my teachers asked me why I hadn't gone to Sudan like all the other Sudanese after IGCSE(you don't need A-levels to enter uni there). Some people were rather shocked too...'You're African and can speak Arabic and yet not Sudanese or American(don't ask)...how can that be???':rolleyes:

I have to go now...It was nice talking to you. Take care and Assalaamu Aliakum.
mizfissy815
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
O and I didn't spot this until just now. So how come you are applying to universities in England?
Quality of education more than anything else. The fact that my older brother is there and I have aunts, uncles and cousins in and around the UK, makes things easier for me.
~style
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Just to point out one thing. The report said they shot people but they just about quoted the fact that people shot them first. Media has and always been against Islam. Remeber how Quraish used to spread rumors about how evil the companions where? And fighting people in the Sacred months. Allah replied to them you did that in the sacred city at the sacred mosque and made the people leave their own homes.

And yea I should go off get some sleep now. Salamu alikum.

EDIT: Somal and Sudan just have Ethiopia between them. So they should just team up and take over, and there we have 3 countries in one. And yes I am very ambitious.
The Green Manalishi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh the beard shows I am a muslim nicely. Don't forget the short trousers, that certainly draws attention, specialy when I am riding my bike lol. But I would freeze to death if I wore the thawb. And don't tell me to wear western clothes underneath because that would contradict the whole idea. Also the bike would be impossible to ride then. BY the way the companions didn't wear thawbs did they? Otherwise how was it possible to ride a horse or fight a war? I recall different descriptions of what they wore back then. The closest today is what Pakistanis call Shalwar Kameez even though thats derived from arabic lol. I think companions just wore trousers and some type of cloth to cover with on top. Don't quote me on this though.
Hmm yeah which is why i specifically mentioned the beard and short trousers. I suppose in england you'd find it extremely cold, i could do it with our tropical weather here though You can always wear a camo jacket over the thawb (*cough* Osama *cough* What? :ninja:)

Hmm i'm not sure about Sahabah (RA) except izar for which i'm sure some of them wore.
EDIT: Btw, i started this in an attempt to show that perhaps some tight clothing for guys can be a bit exposing. Just pondering

EDIT (2): Even though i don't wear em all the time i think thawbs are COOL! :party:

As are beards :bban:
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yea no one can diss the shopping malls there, I owe a few kilos to them.
:rofl: I love Baskin and Robbins! :love:

*craves*
lil one
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by The Green Manalishi)
:rofl: I love Baskin and Robbins! :love:

*craves*
snap!

salaams everyone
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lil_one)
snap!

salaams everyone
Pardon?

Wa Alaikum Salaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakathu!
lil one
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by The Green Manalishi)
Pardon?

Wa Alaikum Salaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakathu!
I meant, I love baskin and robbins too!

its actually crazy, im hardly tired and i've had very little sleep last 2 days:confused:
driving_seat
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salam everyone,

Its has been a long time since i visited TSR! Some ppl might b knowing me (I hope) and to others i wud b a stranger... so hows everyone doing?

Hey, there some good news! I mashallah got 3 As (Physics, Maths and Chemistry) and B in Further Maths. Thnx to all of the ppl who had made duas to Allah (SWT).

Now, I am doing BE Mechanical from NUST and enjoying every bit of it!

Happy belated Ramzan and the Eid is also comin up!
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wa Alaikum Salaam Driving Seat! I remember you! Glad to hear things went well for you Alhamdulillah!
driving_seat
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
wat r u doing now? i guess that u were doing law or something like that...
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by driving_seat)
wat r u doing now? i guess that u were doing law or something like that...
Yep i started law a few weeks ago... It's good but alot of work!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.26%
No - I got the required grades (109)
59.24%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.5%

Watched Threads