Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hello everyone!... i see arguments.. latter.. former.... anyway not in the mood to read.. its 2 AM here in dubai... just wanted to wish everyone a happy eid...
    *yawns*
    better get going 2 bed!!
    EDIT: people chill!!! arguing isnt really helping is it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consie)
    So the latter must have influenced your judgements on the former. It’s like a historian approaching a body of evidence with a preconceived idea of what he wants to find, and then inevitably finds only what he wants to find.
    :congrats:

I see you are like me, using examples from subjects you are interested in. In my case its maths and physics. But just wondering, did physicists always expect something like the bigbang when they thought of the first models of the universe? Thinking back of greek times here. Or are our examples limited to their fields to an extent?

Either way we always have to be inspired by something. So is it me or you who have found what they wanted to find? I know in my case my life changed once I found what you suggested!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lebanon4ever)
    hello everyone!... i see arguments.. latter.. former.... anyway not in the mood to read.. its 2 AM here in dubai... just wanted to wish everyone a happy eid...
    *yawns*
    better get going 2 bed!!
    Ranaaaaa

:hugs:

Happy Eid ;heart;

x

ReputationRep:
    *yawns*
    better get going 2 bed!!
    Asslamu alikum and eid mubarak.

How did you spend your Eid?

Yea arguments are only worth their while if you are arguing for a reason rather than to simply prove your foe wrong. :p:

ReputationRep:
    :blush: have 2 go 2 abu dhabi tomorow ... x-treemly boring!

ReputationRep:
    i spent today at home.... guests coming<->guests going... anyways goodnyt!

ReputationRep:
    :blush: have 2 go 2 abu dhabi tomorow ... x-treemly boring!
    You mean the road or the emirate? For Sharjah its further but I still recall it being ok. The emirate is boring however yes. Well the whole of UAE gets repetative after a while I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Did it just change because you were fully prepared to let it change? Or even expecting for it to change? I'm not up on Greek formulations about the universe but as far as I know it was always steeped in mythology - and people like Socrates who doubted some of the mad stories he heard got killed for saying otherwise. I don’t think physicists did expect to find it. The big bang theory is just a product of centuries of evolution in science. I think this is proven by the fact that before scientific explanations of how things came about there were only religious ones. That scientific explanations are so different from religious ones shows that scientists probably had little preconceptions about how things where when they began to study it.

I'm going to have to carry this on tmoz (cant wait!) - I need to be up early tmoz to do some practice exams for the Oxford history entrance test!

ReputationRep:
    I live approximately on the sharjah-dubai border..more on the sharjah side.. and im going to the "place" abu dhabi 2 visit these boring people with my parents and have lunch at there house... its a boring routine that i have to repeat approx. every 3 months!! (i recall coming on tsr and complaining about it last time!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consie)
    Did it just change because you were fully prepared to let it change? Or even expecting for it to change? I'm not up on Greek formulations about the universe but as far as I know it was always steeped in mythology - and people like Socrates who doubted some of the mad stories he heard got killed for saying otherwise. I don’t think physicists did expect to find it. The big bang theory is just a product of centuries of evolution in science. I think this is proven by the fact that before scientific explanations of how things came about there were only religious ones. That scientific explanations are so different from religious ones shows that scientists probably had little preconceptions about how things where when they began to study it.

I'm going to have to carry this on tmoz (cant wait!) - I need to be up early tmoz to do some practice exams for the Oxford history entrance test!
    Excellent. Just remember this exact post when you come back to carry this on. And good luck with your test too.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no Rana, I didn't even get my own separate reply.

ReputationRep:
    you did!! the second post i posted was for you!! i just wasnt in the mood to quote you. thats alll!!(browser takes ages!!)

ReputationRep:
    I live approximately on the sharjah-dubai border..more on the sharjah side.. and im going to the "place" abu dhabi 2 visit these boring people with my parents and have lunch at there house... its a boring routine that i have to repeat approx. every 3 months!! (i recall coming on tsr and complaining about it last time!!)
    There is only a few buildings in that region, even though they have been increasing recently, I still think I can pin point your building though lol.

I love being with family.

ReputationRep:
    the khan area near sahara center(where i live!) is FULL of bildings!!

ReputationRep:
    the khan area near sahara center(where i live!) is FULL of bildings!!
    Oh yea, thats a different region to the one I was thinking off. But even thats relatively new. So how long have you lived there?

ReputationRep:
    umm 2 years i guess, before that i lived in a weird villa at the other end of sharjah and before that i was in england

ReputationRep:
    salaams rana and muhammed :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    w/salam aliyah! eid mubarak!

ReputationRep:
    Yea Sharjah developed so quickly its quite scary. Still managed to stay islamic though, unlike Dubai which is 5 minutes away. Unless its a rush hour, then you are looking at 50 minutes. I guess everyone just likes to work in Dubai but live in Sharjah lol.

ReputationRep:
    w/salam aliyah! eid mubarak!
    eid mubarak nice day?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.