The I-soc (Islamic Society) Watch

This discussion is closed.
The Green Manalishi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So what'd you do? Wear? Go? Do? Huh? Huh huh huh?
mizfissy815
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Socrates)
Basically because Saudi claimed that Saturday was the 1st of Ramadhan (even before the new moon was born).

So people who followed the actual moonsighting, started on Sunday. Then completed 30 days of fasting and celebrated Eid today. Like me. Its got nothing to do with Sunni and Shia, its got to do with common sense.
Umm…not entirely true.

The Saudi Channel announced that it was the start of Ramadhan AFTER adequate number of witnesses claimed to have seen the hilaal. They were the second people after Libya (whom they never got along with on the Ramadhan dates) to pronounce that Saturday was the 1st of Ramadhan. UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Yemen and Sudan as well as the (Lord knows why) Sunni population of Iraq and the Shia population of Lebanon, all followed by the end of Friday.

As for the Eid days, the only countries in the ME and Northern Africa that did NOT start Eid on Monday, were Egypt, Jordan, Syria and Sultanate of Oman.
Everybody else, whether they started Ramadhan on a Saturday or Sunday, started Eid yesterday after sighting the hilaal.

In short, it isn't something the Saudis came up with, nor does the claim that they are corrupt have absolutely any weight on such matters. They like the rest of us haven't a clue when Ramadhan starts or Eid starts, they rely on their Shoura courts or whomever is responsible to announce the end of whatever month with the rest of the population.
rahmara
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by The Green Manalishi)
lol, you just reminded me of ayaz! :rofl:
i did the usual stuff, wore my usual type of clothing, didnt go anywhere
you?
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mizfissy815)
Umm…not entirely true.

The Saudi Channel announced that it was the start of Ramadhan AFTER adequate number of witnesses claimed to have seen the hilaal. They were the second people after Libya (whom they never got along with on the Ramadhan dates) to pronounce that Saturday was the 1st of Ramadhan. UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Yemen and Sudan as well as the (Lord knows why) Sunni population of Iraq and the Shia population of Lebanon, all followed by the end of Friday.

As for the Eid days, the only countries in the ME and Northern Africa that did NOT start Eid on Monday, were Egypt, Jordan, Syria and Sultanate of Oman.
Everybody else, whether they started Ramadhan on a Saturday or Sunday, started Eid yesterday.

In short, it isn't something the Saudi Royal Family came up with, nor does the claim that they are corrupt have absolutely any weight on such matters. They like the rest of us haven't a clue when Ramadhan starts or Eid starts, they rely on their Shoura courts or whomever is responsible to announce the end of whatever month with the rest of the population.
Given that the new moon was not even born, they must have seen something else and not the moon. I hate to accuse anyone of lying, but its a clear cut case of black and white.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rahmara)
lol, you just reminded me of ayaz! :rofl:
i did the usual stuff, wore my usual type of clothing, didnt go anywhere
you?
I visited relatives, got together for lunch and so on...
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rahmara)
book of figh on everything or just a subject like...finance ?
Preferably something like a textbook on Shariah criminal punishments.
lil one
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I stayed at home, and lots of family/fam friends came throughout the day you?
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lil_one)
I stayed at home, and lots of family/fam friends came throughout the day you?
See above #18195
lil one
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
how do i make my avatar larger?
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lil_one)
how do i make my avatar larger?
You've gotta sub to make it 100x100 pixels.
lebanon4ever
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Muhammad Abuzaid)
Alright I see. Yea I can imagine, I love having neighbours and seeing people. Even though I do like being absloutely on my own sometimes, but only sometimes!

So where are you originaly from then?
:suith: Lebanon:suith:

(Original post by justfarhan)
Lol I can never be pissed at my Rana

salam to everyone else.. sorry cant talk.. going out for dinnner! eid mubarak to those who are celebrating eid today
mizfissy815
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Socrates)
Given that the new moon was not even born, they must have seen something else and not the moon. I hate to accuse anyone of lying, but its a clear cut case of black and white.
hmmm, I'm not sure what you mean by the 'new moon wasn't even born'...If they had seen the hilaal which matched the Libyan calculations, wouldn't that mean the moon was born?

Oh and Assalaamu Alaikum everyone.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mizfissy815)
hmmm, I'm not sure what you mean by the 'new moon wasn't even born'...If they had seen the hilaal which matched the Libyan calculations, wouldn't that mean the moon was born?

Oh and Assalaamu Alaikum everyone.
Wa Alaikum Salaam... Do you have any info on books of fiqh on Shariah punishments?
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Apologies - the moon was born on Friday morning. However, a crescent with an age of less than 17 hours (which was the case on Friday evening) cannot be seen with the naked eye - which is the shariah requirement.

See here: www.moonsighting.com
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sorry, this might sound a little random but I just have to say it. I really REALLY hate those teenage 'gangsters'! :mad:
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Aka Azn chavs? lol
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
But yeah I hate them too

They should be beaten into Islamic shape by mullahs :P
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
Sorry, this might sound a little random but I just have to say it. I really REALLY hate those teenage 'gangsters'! :mad:
:ditto:

you really do crack me up sister :toofunny:
mizfissy815
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wa Alaikum Salaam... Do you have any info on books of fiqh on Shariah punishments?
hmmm...not at the moment. I think I might be able to find something downstairs but it's probably in Arabic and at the moment, I'm too tired to look. It's been an incredibly long day but I promise I'll give you a proper answer by tomorrow.

Apologies - the moon was born on Friday morning. However, a crescent with an age of less than 17 hours (which was the case on Friday evening) cannot be seen with the naked eye - which is the shariah requirement.

See here: www.moonsighting.com
Sorry for the late reply, that was a difficult map to read. Plus there were Eid fireworks I went to watch from the roof. Gotta love the Eid festivities…

Ok, lets see…from what I understand, you're saying that they could not have possibly started Ramadhan with the sight of the hilaal seeing as it couldn't be seen, yet…And from that map, it would seem so.
But had they started on Sunday, then according to that map, they would also end at 29 days rather than 30 and start Eid on Monday, as they already have.

I wonder…how could have all those countries announced Ramadhaan if they hadn't seen the hilaal? And do their 'hilaal committees' get sins for misleading the public(if that is indeed what happened)?

Sorry, this might sound a little random but I just have to say it. I really REALLY hate those teenage 'gangsters'!
Eck....most of them aren't 'gangstas' just a bunch of wanna-be tough guys who would run to their mamas if any thing happened.
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Preferably something like a textbook on Shariah criminal punishments.
1) A History of Islamic Legal Theories: An Introduction to Sunni Usul Al-fiqh - Hallaq, Wael B.

2) Language and the Interpretation of Islamic Law - Ramic, Sukri Husayn

Don't know if that will help!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (162)
26.87%
No (441)
73.13%

Watched Threads