Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dimez)
    .S.O.S. would you consider yourself a Muslim?
    not really, i don't know....if i do then a bad muslim i guess.

ReputationRep:
    Muslims are unsung heroes.

You dont have to be known to be good.

David Beckham may be famous but there are better footballers than him who are not famous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rizzyh)

David Beckham may be famous but there are better footballers than him who are not famous.
    im not saying im bad as in unknown....i really am bad in being a muslim.
    how can i consider myself a muslim if i don't pray, havn't read the quran, miss fast somedays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .S.O.S.)
    im not saying im bad as in unknown....i really am bad in being a muslim.
    how can i consider myself a muslim if i don't pray, havn't read the quran, miss fast somedays.
    If you believe in Allah (SWT) as one and being your Lord and that the holy prophet was his servant and messenger (PBUH), then you are a muslim.

As for not praying etc etc ....It means you are a bad muslim.

ReputationRep:
    whats the 1st pillar>> belief in allah?

ReputationRep:
    1. To testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and Muhammad is Allah's Apostle.

ReputationRep:
    A hadith by Sahih Muslim: Book 1 number 4:

Abu Huraira reported: One day the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) appeared before the public that a man came to him and said: Prophet of Allah, (tell me) what is Iman. Upon this he (the Holy Prophet) replied: That you affirm your faith in Allah, His angels, His Books, His meeting, His Messengers and that you affirm your faith in the Resurrection hereafter. He (again) said: Messenger of Allah, (tell me) what does al-Islam signify. He (the Holy Prophet) replied: Al-Islam signifies that you worship Allah and do not associate anything with Him and you establish obligatory prayer and you pay the obligatory poor-rate (Zakat) and you observe the fast of Ramadan. He (the inquirer) again said: Messenger of Allah, what does al-Ihsan imply ? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: That you worship Allah as if you are seeing Him, and in case you fail to see Him, then observe prayer (with this idea in your mind) that (at least) He is seeing you. He (the inquirer ) again said: Messenger of Allah, when would there be the hour (of Doom) ? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: The one who is asked about it is no better informed than the inquirer. I, however, narrate some of its signs (and these are): when the slave-girl will give birth to he master, when the naked, barefooted would become the chiefs of the people - these are some of the signs of (Doom). (Moreover) when the shepherds of the black (camels) would exult themselves in buildings, this is one of the signs of (Doom). (Doom) is one of the five (happenings wrapped in the unseen) which no one knows but Allah. Then he (the Messenger of Allah) recited (the verse) : "Verily Allah! with Him alone is the knowledge of the hour and He it is Who sends (down the rain) and knows that which is in the wombs and no person knows whatsoever he shall earn tomorrow, and a person knows not in whatsoever land he shall die. Verily Allah is Knowing, Aware . He (the narrator, Abu Huraira) said: Then the person turned back and went away. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Bring that man back to me. They (the Companions of the Holy Prophet present there) went to bring him back, but they saw nothing there. Upon this the Messenger of Allah remarked : he was Gabriel, who came to teach the people their religion.

Sorry it is a bit long, but it is very relevant here .

ReputationRep:
    i dont have the desire for heaven or fear of hell, they seem like stories to me....*shurggs* Im not touched, moved...no provoked emotions.
    sorry.

ReputationRep:
    ''There is no compulsion in Islam''

Do you wish to remain a muslim?

ReputationRep:
    i dont have the desire for heaven or fear of hell, they seem like stories to me....*shurggs* Im not touched, moved...no provoked emotions.
    sorry.

ReputationRep:
    ''There is no compulsion in Islam''

Do you wish to remain a muslim?
    i thought that statement was for non-muslims....where as muslims, get stonned to death for trying to change. I dont know what i wish for.

ReputationRep:
    Aliyah have u given rep today? :p:

ReputationRep:

Who said anything about being known? Just being good is enough...
    What have we excelled in lately?....That's my problem.

ReputationRep:
    sorry.
    Thats cool, I pray that Allah (SWT) will one day show mercy upon you and open your heart and fill it with peace, love and fear for him.

ReputationRep:
    i thought that statement was for non-muslims....where as muslims, get stonned to death for trying to change. I dont know what i wish for.
    It implies to everyone regardless.

Also I know a few bengalis who were brought up as muslims but now they dont practice Islam at all.

If you dont wish to remain a muslim - just do it. It will clear up your confusion.

Also I recommend you sit down with a Imam and let him answer ALL your questions professionally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizfissy815)
    Sports? Amir Khan, Muhammad Ali

Economy? Population? Wealth? Morales?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowledge_Seeker)
    Thats cool, I pray that Allah (SWT) will one day show mercy upon you and open your heart and fill it with peace, love and fear for him.
    thanks, i guess.

ReputationRep:
    Converts/Reverts to Islam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrK6y9tKnW0&NR

ReputationRep:
    Damn it 4 points away from my second shiny!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizfissy815)
    The muslim contribution is great and even westerners know of its significance.

Even today many newm muslims from America and UK are converting.

We are not making huge leaps and bounds as before, as we as an ummah are divided, many of us do not learn for the sake of Allah (SWT) like those before us.

They learned to please Allah (SWT) and prayed for guidance when solving problems, they did not yearn for fame or money, just learnt for the sake of Allah (SWT). They were not only learning further about the deen, but also about maths etc etc, they had such a passion for learning and advancing that some of them would have a yellowish apperance from learning and praying continually through the nights.

I feel it is wrong to blame the previous generations for things, this will be one of the excuses of the people who are about to go to hell and they will say to Allah(SWT) 'it is not our fault, it was our forefathers and people before us, it was they who corrupted, but it was they who corrupted themsleves'.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.