Turn on thread page Beta

The I-soc (Islamic Society) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wats_jeggah)
    salamz guys jus wana comment on the dispatches documentary yesterday. PLEASE correct me if i'm wrong but from my understanding, although it is better for the woman to pray at home, you can not stop her from going to the mosque.

my view on this is that all you guys know that for the daily prayers, us guys only fill up about 2 rows (out of like 200), so basically if these mosques dont even hav facilities for sisters it is so much a waste of a mosque!! the mosque is only full for th jummah prayer.
    i feel realy sorry for the sisters that travel the country and get turned away from mosques!! honest!

but... did anyone else find it embarassing wen the mosque comitte and mpac wer arguing like little kids. it was hilarious, i mean i couldnt stop laughing, but tbh it was just soo damn embarassing.

but i do truly respect mpac and th work they are doing for muslim rights and awareness in this country. who cares how long their trousers are or if they trim their beards, there's more important things in this world to care about, and i think the rep asghar bukhari is a top guy n deserves loads of respects!
    I agree :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Muhiba check the join requests for this society

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dimez)
    I had a rather 'interesting' encounter with the police today! First time I've ever been stopped and searched. Was it because I'm a teenager, or because I'm black or because I'm Muslim or a combination of all 3?

For the full story, check my blog. (Cheeky adveristement eh? )
    Racist bams :mad:

If you thought 'black while driving' was bad then check 'muslim while flying'

This world is full of ignorance - life is a test and we have to have patience and be tolerant of insults

ReputationRep:
    I still think new leaders are needed so members are joined quicker..

ReputationRep:
    yup def

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crayzee_desi)
    wheres your blog supposed to be?
    Link can be found via Dimez's profile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rizzyh)
    Link can be found via Dimez's profile
    Or, more conveniently, by clicking on "My Utopia" in my sig. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wats_jeggah)
    salamz guys jus wana comment on the dispatches documentary yesterday. PLEASE correct me if i'm wrong but from my understanding, although it is better for the woman to pray at home, you can not stop her from going to the mosque.

my view on this is that all you guys know that for the daily prayers, us guys only fill up about 2 rows (out of like 200), so basically if these mosques dont even hav facilities for sisters it is so much a waste of a mosque!! the mosque is only full for th jummah prayer.
    i feel realy sorry for the sisters that travel the country and get turned away from mosques!! honest!

but... did anyone else find it embarassing wen the mosque comitte and mpac wer arguing like little kids. it was hilarious, i mean i couldnt stop laughing, but tbh it was just soo damn embarassing.

but i do truly respect mpac and th work they are doing for muslim rights and awareness in this country. who cares how long their trousers are or if they trim their beards, there's more important things in this world to care about, and i think the rep asghar bukhari is a top guy n deserves loads of respects!
    Thats true, but why make a show about it for the non-muslim public?

It is not that big of an issue, so what if they pray at home or the mosque, have we fixed everything in our lives that now we consider that which isn't obligatory nor recommended?

And I agree short trousers and a long beard are very simple tasks, so simple that it makes me wonder why someone doesn't do them? Didn't your prophet tell you to do it? Or was he wasting his time with meaningless commands! Peace and blessings be upon him.

[53:3,4,5]Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) Desire. It is no less than inspiration sent down to him: He was taught by one Mighty in Power.

[4:80]He who obeys the Messenger, obeys Allah; but if any turn away, We have not sent thee to watch over their (evil deeds).

But if any man stops a woman from going to a mosque he has disobeyed the messenger of Allah. Peace and blessings be upon him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rizzyh)
    Racist bams :mad:

If you thought 'black while driving' was bad then check 'muslim while flying'

This world is full of ignorance - life is a test and we have to have patience and be tolerant of insults
    If you think that’s bad then read this: on Eid day a group of teenagers threw a can of coke all over my new clothes. I’m okay now though. It was all over my local news paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    If you think that’s bad then read this: on Eid day a group of teenagers threw a can of coke all over my new clothes. I’m okay now though. It was all over my local news paper.
    aww i would have cried :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    What the :/ Stupid fools! What'dya do?

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    Are you serious? Where was this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    Woah! How'd you find that out? Or do you have to look throughout the whole soc list? :p:
    Yep! I was bored...:p:

And we now have 164 members! 1st place! woot!

Dimez- You're probably one of the very few people who enjoyed being stopped by the police. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    What the :/ Stupid fools! What'dya do?

:hugs:
    Oh I just ran after them. By the time I caught up they had already entered their homes. So I knocked on the front door. His parents appear. I tell them what happened. Idiots deny everything even though it is plain OBVIOUS that I have coke all over me! Blind or what? So I demand an apology and the money for the new clothes and the next thing I see is the door slammed at my face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    Oh I just ran after them. By the time I caught up they had already entered their homes. So I knocked on the front door. His parents appear. I tell them what happened. Idiots deny everything even though it is plain OBVIOUS that I have coke all over me! Blind or what? So I demand an apology and the money for the new clothes and the next thing I see is the door slammed at my face.

Thats because you went the wrong way about this.

Didn't you try egging them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muhammad Abuzaid)
    Thats because you went the wrong way about this.

Didn't you try egging them?
    Oh I didn’t stop there! I called the police :cool:

ReputationRep:
    what did the police do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    Excellent!

And what did they do?

ReputationRep:
    I hate calling the police, I remember having some trouble in the past where some boys smashed our car, my mum rang the police and they turned up 2 months later, wrote a report and nothing to this day!

So of course we had to follow the rules of the jungle, I feel so much better now.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.