French footballer makes 'anti-semitic' gesture on pitch

Watch
Lady Comstock
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-West-Ham.html

Thoughts?
Pennyarcade
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Who really cares. The FA/newspapers are just giving him the attention that he wants.
xaki90
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
That was nothing. Class player scored a brace today, concentrate on the positives instead of the imagined negatives.
Psyk
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Need to know the context it was originally used in by the comedian to decide if it really is anti-semitic. If his friend invented with no hint of anti-semitism then it's a bit unfair to say you can no longer use the gesture because someone else decided to give it a different meaning.
thesabbath
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
oy vey, I hope the gesture was intended as reported, just goes to show that the State (and its bully boys in the FA) can crack down on freedom of expression all it wants with cultural Marxist notions such as banning "anti-semitism" (the original "hate crime" / thought crime), but thankfully still cannot legislate away people's thoughts (not that it will stop them trying).
Snagprophet
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Erm, okay. A fairly niche gesture but oh well. Nazism isn't only against Jews you know, it could've been anti-disabled or anti-gay for all we know. Anyway, who really cares about 'Nazi' salutes? Romans did it too. Why does everything the Nazis adopt have to then be banned? I heard they breathed oxygen, are we going to ban oxygen next as well?
DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
It looks to me like he is scratching his arm. But if it is somehow a "Nazi" gesture I highly doubt that a man of colour would be performing it purposefully.
Apocrypha
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Oh lord, first 'YID ARMY' and now this..

The FA and the media are just stupid.

Whats also pathetic is that its basically illegal to raise your right hand above shoulder level..

I like how the salute he done is said to be the 'opposite' of the nazi salute, yet somehow means the same thing?

Hot is the opposite of Cold, theyre opposites, they dont mean the same thing.
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
The biggest news is that he managed to score. Twice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.29%
Okay (64)
29.49%
A bit lacking (81)
37.33%
Not good at all (54)
24.88%

Watched Threads