The Student Room Group

UWC (United World College) Application

Hi,

I'm applying to this international school called United World College. There are over a dozen locations scattered across the world such as Norway, Italy, or India. My brother is at the one in Norway.

I'm just wondering if anyone on this site is also applying to, has been, or is currently attending a UWC. I've got my eye on UWC Adriatic or UWC Maastricht. If you have any insight on the application, that would be so helpful, such as tips or even just what you talked about in your personal statements and responses, or what you listed for the books we are required to read.

And really just any details about each school and about the IB program and the EAC's offered would be greatly appreciated. And also, I was wondering what the dorms are like in each of the UWC's.

Thank you so much.
Reply 1
hey I'm applying through GB! I got an interview what about you?

Original post by hallethompson
Hi,

I'm applying to this international school called United World College. There are over a dozen locations scattered across the world such as Norway, Italy, or India. My brother is at the one in Norway.

I'm just wondering if anyone on this site is also applying to, has been, or is currently attending a UWC. I've got my eye on UWC Adriatic or UWC Maastricht. If you have any insight on the application, that would be so helpful, such as tips or even just what you talked about in your personal statements and responses, or what you listed for the books we are required to read.

And really just any details about each school and about the IB program and the EAC's offered would be greatly appreciated. And also, I was wondering what the dorms are like in each of the UWC's.

Thank you so much.
Reply 2
Original post by hedwig8

Well the thing is that I'm in the USA and I joined this chat room because the US doesn't have one and I'd love do get into the Atlantic College. My application isn't due for 10 more days! What did you do for your personal statement??
Reply 3
Original post by hallethompson
Well the thing is that I'm in the USA and I joined this chat room because the US doesn't have one and I'd love do get into the Atlantic College. My application isn't due for 10 more days! What did you do for your personal statement??

Oh it does! There's College Confidential an various UWC groups on facebook :smile: for my personal statement I just talked about my country and things like that and just what I want to do in the future..!
Reply 4
Original post by hedwig8

Hi! i'm also applpying through GB and also have an interview!! What day are you going on?
Reply 5
Original post by clarajones
Hi! i'm also applpying through GB and also have an interview!! What day are you going on?

awesome!! I'm on thursday!
Reply 6
https://www.facebook.com/groups/480634928714520/ join our GB Interviewees group 2014 :smile:
Reply 7
Hi. I'm a ninth grade student in Namibia,Africa and I am preparing myself for applying to UWC for a scholarship. I will only be applying within two years and I would love advice from anyone who has gone through the interviews and what questions can I expect. And how well should my essays be? How many sport activities should I participate in at my current school. Is it okay to be only volunteering at one place?

Please help me. Any advice will be highly appreciated. This is my e-mail if you want to further advice me.

Thank you
- Avihe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending