Do girls care a lot if a guy doesn't drive and still lives with his parents? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
i am 23 (turning 24 next month) and i don't drive and i live with my parents.

it seems that all the dating sites i go on, it requires you to put in these kind of details or at least "do you have a car?"

i have a job (not good pay but enough to live on) so i am not a scrounger or anything.

i've just never really had much luck when it comes to dating. i have never had a girlfriend and a lot of the chances to get laid i've passed up because i was too picky or i was too shy when the girls showed interest.

it's depressing that i'm getting older and i still haven't had a girlfriend. i think my family feel i'm weird or something. i don't think they do, but that's what it feels like sometimes.
my older brother who is in his late 30's is always asking me why i don't have a gf yet. winding me up saying "you sure you aren't gay?" and it just grates on me and makes me feel insecure even more.

i am not ugly, i'm actually decent looking and plenty of girls have told me i'm good looking/handsome. i used to be overweight, but i'm losing weight and on my way to getting a good body.

i will try not to ramble any more. i am starting my driving lessons again in a week and this time i'm going to try and pass asap. first time i had lessons i run out of money and couldn't afford any more lessons. the 2nd time i failed my driving test and gave up. it was getting expensive again.

as for dating - well i did meet a nice girl, but my insecurities got the better of me and i never went on a date with her (i regret that a lot!).

i had the best chance of at least having a fwb, she even said she would pick me up and i pretty much could have had sex with her, but again i turned it down, this time because i was a tiny bit overweight and body conscious.

see how crazy i am at turning things down? i could have said yes to these girls or other girls in the past, but my insecurities always get the better of me.

anyway - what do the girls on here think about the situation?
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As nice as it would be for a boyfriend to have a car, it's not that important to me. Not overly fussed about living with parents.
notthegreatest
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's not a problem for me.
IceKidd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
probably

the responses you get in this thread will be another case of ''what girls say they want and what they actually want are two different things''
lou 22
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i am 23 (turning 24 next month) and i don't drive and i live with my parents.

it seems that all the dating sites i go on, it requires you to put in these kind of details or at least "do you have a car?"

i have a job (not good pay but enough to live on) so i am not a scrounger or anything.

i've just never really had much luck when it comes to dating. i have never had a girlfriend and a lot of the chances to get laid i've passed up because i was too picky or i was too shy when the girls showed interest.

it's depressing that i'm getting older and i still haven't had a girlfriend. i think my family feel i'm weird or something. i don't think they do, but that's what it feels like sometimes.
my older brother who is in his late 30's is always asking me why i don't have a gf yet. winding me up saying "you sure you aren't gay?" and it just grates on me and makes me feel insecure even more.

i am not ugly, i'm actually decent looking and plenty of girls have told me i'm good looking/handsome. i used to be overweight, but i'm losing weight and on my way to getting a good body.

i will try not to ramble any more. i am starting my driving lessons again in a week and this time i'm going to try and pass asap. first time i had lessons i run out of money and couldn't afford any more lessons. the 2nd time i failed my driving test and gave up. it was getting expensive again.

as for dating - well i did meet a nice girl, but my insecurities got the better of me and i never went on a date with her (i regret that a lot!).

i had the best chance of at least having a fwb, she even said she would pick me up and i pretty much could have had sex with her, but again i turned it down, this time because i was a tiny bit overweight and body conscious.

see how crazy i am at turning things down? i could have said yes to these girls or other girls in the past, but my insecurities always get the better of me.

anyway - what do the girls on here think about the situation?
Firstly, why is your post so long but fair enough. I am not getting at you

I would say for me driving isn't important as I can drive but am still waiting for my car, you sound like me with the lesson talk though I was test ready aged 17 dropped out cause I was supposed to have a op, then aged 19 got back into it and failed 2times, 1st my fault and the 2nd I was incredibly ill with a serious chest infection but the flaming dsa wouldn't allow me to cancel or change so £62 down the drain and after that I got mega pissed off and said I would try one more time at a different test centre and if I fail I will give up but passed 3rd time so don't give up unless you don't have the money but I would say over the 3 years I have probably spent about nearly £2000 of my own money getting me my license not including the cost of my car and it's insurance.

As for living with your parents I wouldn't mind unless your parents do everything for you so you are like a 24 year old baby as that ain't Kl, I want a man not a boy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (46)
27.22%
No (123)
72.78%

Watched Threads