The Student Room Group

What course did you choose to study at univeristy and why did you choose it? :)

Just curious as to why people choose the courses they do haha, I've applied for Primary Education and I chose it because I think Teaching would be such a rewarding job but also challenging. Every day would be different too so I don't think I'd get bored of the job, the course looks pretty perfect for me, what about you guys? :smile:
I chose philosophy because I did the most reading for it out of all the options I was considering. It's pretty cool so far.
Reply 2
I choose medicine because I always wanted to be a doctor. No other field ever really appealed to me.
Reply 3
It's just so strange how everyone can be interested in completely different things haha! They both sound like great courses though :smile:
Reply 4
I chose to study Economics at the university of nottingham. Economics always seemed to me as an important part of every field including engineering/medicine etc. I chose to study it because a society cannot function without it.
Reply 5
Original post by be awake
I chose to study Economics at the university of nottingham. Economics always seemed to me as an important part of every field including engineering/medicine etc. I chose to study it because a society cannot function without it.

Very true :smile:
Reply 6
I chose physics after the particle physics module on my AS course, which was the only thing that had ever enthused me to do further research off my own back before.
I chose pe teaching as I enjoy teaching sports and have always had a passion to work with children.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leanne1996
Just curious as to why people choose the courses they do haha, I've applied for Primary Education and I chose it because I think Teaching would be such a rewarding job but also challenging. Every day would be different too so I don't think I'd get bored of the job, the course looks pretty perfect for me, what about you guys? :smile:

I've applied to do Social Work, I want to be a social worker because:

- It's challenging & I love challenges.
- I want to challenge the stereotypes of social workers & vulnerable people.
- I love to help people in any way I can.
- So many areas that I can go into - mental health, disabilities, homelessness etc.
- Personal experience.
- Work experience.

I would have gone into nursing or teaching but heart wouldn't be into nursing as I don't like the personal care side & I couldn't handle standing at the front of a class and talking :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I chose politics because it was my favourite A Level, and I found it very interesting.

I'm third year now, and haven't regretted it.
I chose engineering (mechanical) because I wanted to go to university and that subject had excellent career prospects and also made extensive use of many of my favourite subjects at school.
History, simply because I like it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending