Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to make this thread for those studying attachment, memory & research methods. Are you guys revising for the mock exam & how are you finding psychology so far? (:

Feel free to discuss anything in psychology A level (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeirdlyWonderful)
    I just wanted to make this thread for those studying attachment, memory & research methods. Are you guys revising for the mock exam & how are you finding psychology so far? (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've done some revision for my mock in February but I probably need to step it up a little bit now that it's almost January!

I'm loving psychology. I'm better on memory than attachment though but then again my memory teacher gives us more past paper questions than my attachment teacher.

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smozsolution)
    I've done some revision for my mock in February but I probably need to step it up a little bit now that it's almost January!

I'm loving psychology. I'm better on memory than attachment though but then again my memory teacher gives us more past paper questions than my attachment teacher.

How about you?
    Hey thanks for the reply (:

I'm the opposite! Much better on attachment than memory haha. My
    Mock is in January so I hope I do well on that. Good luck for your mock by the way (:

What do you think the 12 marker will be in June?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks for the reply (:

I'm the opposite! Much better on attachment than memory haha. My
    Mock is in January so I hope I do well on that. Good luck for your mock by the way (:

What do you think the 12 marker will be in June?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck to you too

Ooh, interesting question. I haven't really thought about it to be honest. I quite like the 12 markers as my teachers give us structured essay plans which I find easier to remember than remember lots of information and then putting it all together.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to you too

Ooh, interesting question. I haven't really thought about it to be honest. I quite like the 12 markers as my teachers give us structured essay plans which I find easier to remember than remember lots of information and then putting it all together.
    Yeah our teacher gave us all the 12 markers that have ever come up and there's 9 for attachment! So that's pretty crazy. Not sure how many there are for memory though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!
    I'm really enjoying Psychology, however, I do find that the case studies are quite long. I personally need to work on timing for the 12 mark questions.
    In preparation for my mock I had a few weeks ago, I just made little notes on revision cards for the case studies and stated which theories criticizes or are in favour of certain theories, so that I don't get confused. I would probably say I'm more stronger with attachment than memory.
    Also do regularly go over the Research Methods, because we were told that last year's Year 12s didn't concentrate much on that as it seemed fairly obvious but it is the part where they lost their marks, but did well on everything else.
    If anything, also pay close attention to the evaluations: they are the most important parts of the 12 mark (even though its 6 for AO1 & 6 for AO2 - an argument / viewpoint can impress the examiner, because AO1 is literally facts about the case study - e.g. what they found, psychologists name and discoveries)
    Hope this helps/makes sense!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah our teacher gave us all the 12 markers that have ever come up and there's 9 for attachment! So that's pretty crazy. Not sure how many there are for memory though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooh lovely! That does not sound brilliant hahaha.

We're moving onto unit two when we get back and I'm really looking forward to the stress topic.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys this thread should be useful in the run up to exams!
    Btw, can someone quickly dish out their memory study guide? Is the study for duration of LTM by shepard? Or bahrick?
    Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ooh lovely! That does not sound brilliant hahaha.

We're moving onto unit two when we get back and I'm really looking forward to the stress topic.
    Ah snap! I can't wait to start learning more about mental disorders

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spanishovenfork)
    Hey guys this thread should be useful in the run up to exams!
    Btw, can someone quickly dish out their memory study guide? Is the study for duration of LTM by shepard? Or bahrick?
    Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bahrick

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak96_x)
    Hiya!
    I'm really enjoying Psychology, however, I do find that the case studies are quite long. I personally need to work on timing for the 12 mark questions.
    In preparation for my mock I had a few weeks ago, I just made little notes on revision cards for the case studies and stated which theories criticizes or are in favour of certain theories, so that I don't get confused. I would probably say I'm more stronger with attachment than memory.
    Also do regularly go over the Research Methods, because we were told that last year's Year 12s didn't concentrate much on that as it seemed fairly obvious but it is the part where they lost their marks, but did well on everything else.
    If anything, also pay close attention to the evaluations: they are the most important parts of the 12 mark (even though its 6 for AO1 & 6 for AO2 - an argument / viewpoint can impress the examiner, because AO1 is literally facts about the case study - e.g. what they found, psychologists name and discoveries)
    Hope this helps/makes sense!
    Thank you this helps!

I've started making little note cards of each theory and some positives/limitations for each to help with 12 markers. We literally have to know these inside out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've got my psychology mock when we go back to sixth form :L

I enjoyed Attachment, but I found Cognitive the most difficult, especially Duration, Capacity and Encoding! It's hard to remember the case studies, like Jacobs' digit span thing and Sperling!

I find writing revision cards really helps, and I've printed out some notes and stuck them on my bedroom walls because I'm a geek

ReputationRep:
    I'm enjoying psychology so far especially unit 2 as I find it more interesting, we just finished abnormality and have a mock test on memory(unit 1) and abnormality (unit 2) next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jedrahhh)
    Heyyy, so would you guys advise that flashcards is one the best ways in remembering the case studies?
    I would say so yes(: put limitations and strengths for each as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itsmonique)
    I'm enjoying psychology so far especially unit 2 as I find it more interesting, we just finished abnormality and have a mock test on memory(unit 1) and abnormality (unit 2) next week

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh that's great we haven't started that yet. How are you finding abnormality?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saima97)
    I've got my psychology mock when we go back to sixth form :L

I enjoyed Attachment, but I found Cognitive the most difficult, especially Duration, Capacity and Encoding! It's hard to remember the case studies, like Jacobs' digit span thing and Sperling!

I find writing revision cards really helps, and I've printed out some notes and stuck them on my bedroom walls because I'm a geek
    Ah yes I'm also finding memory quite hard! You're not a geek, it's a good idea and you'll get A's with that good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ola yeah im doing those memory is quite annoying coz i got a bad grade so now i dont like revising it aha but i know i have to. -.- the joys!! And yes revising for mocks wbu?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hii im studying the same topics too .. My mock exam is this coming wednesday .. Do you have the paper for june 2013 as psych paper

ReputationRep:
    I loved Psychology last year for AS. I'm currently an A2 student.

My results were as follows:
    PSYA1 66 (c)
    PSYA2 63 (c)

The 12-mark questions for June 2013 were:

PSYA1
    "Outline and evaluate research into cultural variations in attachment"

PSYA2
    "Outline and evaluate research into life changes and/or daily hassles as sources of stress"

Good luck to all!

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou soo much awesome results

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.