Do women like it when their boyfriend is so mysterious that...

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
…he isn't actually emotionally available and she never knows if he even likes her, but just keeps assuming it because damn that is hot!!!

I've read The Game and it tells me women like men who never ever show how they feel. Ever. They just do stuff. They are perfect and have impossibly high levels of discipline and self-control and they will make you laugh and captivate you with riveting conversation but they are emotionally stonewalled.
I believe this means I will never be loved and never know love but be a lust magnet.

Is this true?
I get quite worked up about the fact I'm a bit of a 'cute' boyfriend and guy.
LonelyPlanet
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Probably is true haha
Mysteriousness always makes someone else more intrigued in you.

Although said, expressing your emotions whilst you two are in love isn't a bad thing either.
"Cuteness" works too.
DeceitfulDove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No, I couldn't cope with that **** for more than a few weeks. Why would anyone want to share their lives with someone who won't share back?
I love shopping
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No, it would drive me crazy. I don't think I could put up with someone who wouldn't open up to me at all. It would make me feel hurt and rejected!
Sparkle24
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
…he isn't actually emotionally available and she never knows if he even likes her, but just keeps assuming it because damn that is hot!!!

I've read The Game and it tells me women like men who never ever show how they feel. Ever. They just do stuff. They are perfect and have impossibly high levels of discipline and self-control and they will make you laugh and captivate you with riveting conversation but they are emotionally stonewalled.
I believe this means I will never be loved and never know love but be a lust magnet.

Is this true?
It is not true
Harley
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No. It's annoying more than anything. Stop reading crap like The Game, it's nonsense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mourinho<3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

(1) I've read The Game and it tells me women like men who never ever show how they feel. Ever. They just do stuff. They are (2) perfect and have impossibly high levels of discipline and self-control and they will make you laugh and captivate you with riveting conversation but they are emotionally stonewalled.
I believe this means I will never be loved and never know love but be 3) a lust magnet.

Is this true?
I have added numbers and bolded parts of your post;

1) To appear interesting cannot be achieved by being emotionally disconected. Never showing how you feel is not mysterious but more weird. Making someone interested in you won't happen if you just act distant and "never" show how you feel, "ever".

2) Do you really have the "perfect" and "riveting conversation" that you describe? If no then well ditch the distant guy act. If yes then well you don't need it anway to attract women:confused: Either way ditch the weird appearing "emotionally stonewalled".

3) "Lust magnet" oh lol
IlexBlue
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No.

And I have no idea why men think women find emotionally stunted, unaffectionate manchildren attractive.
colourpurple
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As part of "the chase" it's good but by the time you are the boyfriend it's time to drop the games I think!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That book is telling you how to get laid, it's not about having long term relationships.
brendonbackflip
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Damn that is not hot. I would absolutely hate it. I'd much rather have the cute boyfriend
The_Internet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
OP. Honestly just talk to girls! I'm not exactly the most succesful guy when it comes to this, but I do know not to trust what you read on the internet

And if TSR is any thing to go by, guys seem to want similar things, whilst girls are all over the place ie: what someone thinks is "cute" will repulse others.. Correct me if Im wrong girls

(Original post by brendonbackflip)
Damn that is not hot. I would absolutely hate it. I'd much rather have the cute boyfriend
Wait what? I thought "cute" either meant "puppy" style cute or cute as in he looks good kinda cute, so Im guessing a notch down from hot?
brendonbackflip
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by de_monies)

Wait what? I thought "cute" either meant "puppy" style cute or cute as in he looks good kinda cute, so Im guessing a notch down from hot?
I don't think cute and hot are binary subjects, or in my imagination they're not anyway. But saying they are, and hot = emotionally unavailable while cute = more loving, then cute would always win.

Unless I've misinterpreted what you're saying, not sure what 'puppy' style cute is lol
BlossomS
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd be interested for about 2 days and then possibly slam a shovel across your face. Mysteriousness is only for the girls who like the **** and chase and not the ones who actually want you in their lives for a long time. Oh, and stop reading rubbish like The Game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SaFa1237
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No
+ polarity -
Badges: 21
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
LOL, stopped reading when you said you've read "the Game". Throw that **** away, it's a load of crap for neckbeards in fedoras
hear, hear
SophiaLDN
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Is this true?
To answer your first question: NO. No one wants to play games & want a guy thats like a rubik's cube. Its not all about being 'hot' or not & questioning whether the guy likes you or not is just off-putting. No one has time for that.

Also, just be genuine and stop reading silly books like The Game or trying PUA stuff. Most women can smell it from a mile away and it just comes across as being sleazy. Just be genuine and good things shall come of it!
elixira
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It can be effective for casual stuff, I used to like it when I didn't want any sort of complications. But I think it works more on girls who are a bit insecure, or when you're younger. When you mature you can see how lame and fake it is and it becomes a turn off.

But in a relationship or in order for me to really like someone, there has to be that emotional connection and vulnerability.
username447608
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No my boyfriend is by no means soppy or emotional but he still tells me he loves me if he didn't even do that I wouldn't be happy at all. I like a guy to tell me how it feels its odd theres something sexy and attractive about a man expressing his feelings because its kinda of unmanly thing to do in that sense so it makes it really special to know hes only soppy with me and hes just laddish with everybody else.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (61)
22.1%
Excited but a bit nervous (126)
45.65%
Not bothered either way (36)
13.04%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed